Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

41 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

This sounded pretty good, unitl I read the fine print about paying really early . . .

A limited-time $25 per person deposit is due at time of booking for select 2024–2026 itineraries; remaining deposit is due with final payment (excludes World Cruise itineraries); call for details. 2024–2026: Book and deposit by March 31, 2024. 2024: Pay in full by April 30, 2024 or at 120 days prior to departure (whichever comes first). 

Ha! Yeah I hear ya. Basically you can make the money back thru interest rates.

Promo AW4

JULY 2024 SALE
4 DAYS ONLY

FREE International Airfare  |  Special Fares
FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package

Ask for offer AW4 • Expires April 7, 2024

July 2024 Departures-4 Days Only!

July 2024 Departures—4 Days Only!

We are delighted to announce our new JULY 2024 SALE—FREE international airfare, special fares and a FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package on select river, ocean and expedition voyages this summer. Marvel at Europe’s cultural treasures, explore ancient Greek and Roman ruins on the Mediterranean’s breathtaking shores or discover hidden gems closer to home in the magnificent Great Lakes region or along the mighty Mississippi River. Whichever itinerary you choose, you can enjoy enriching excursions, award-winning dining experiences and impeccable service when you join us on board one of our elegant ships for an all-inclusive journey.

FEATURED VOYAGES

Empires of the Mediterranean

Athens to Venice

FREE International Airfare
Plus, Special Fares &
FREE Beverage Package

On July 13 & 22,
2024 Departures

ASK FOR OFFER: AW4

DAYS

TOURS

$4,499*

FROM

Grand European Tour
Grand European Tour

Budapest to Amsterdam

Plus, Special Fares &
FREE Beverage Package

On July 2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$3,999*

FROM

Undiscovered Great Lakes

Undiscovered Great Lakes

Thunder Bay to Milwaukee

Plus, Special Fares &
FREE Beverage Package

On July 4 & 18,
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$4,995*

FROM

Upper Mississippi Explorer

NEW ITINERARY

Memphis to St. Paul

Plus, Special Fares &
FREE Beverage Package

On June 2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$4,999*

FROM

• Thanks 4

FREE DRINKS! 😎

Viking Cruises

Call Viking at 800-464-3595
or contact your travel advisor 

JULY 2024 SALE
4 DAYS ONLY

Ask for offer AW4 • Expires April 7, 2024

July 2024 Departures-4 Days Only!

July 2024 Departures—4 Days Only!

We are delighted to announce our new JULY 2024 SALE—FREE international airfare, special fares and a FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package on select river, ocean and expedition voyages this summer. Marvel at Europe’s cultural treasures, explore ancient Greek and Roman ruins on the Mediterranean’s breathtaking shores or discover hidden gems closer to home in the magnificent Great Lakes region or along the mighty Mississippi River. Whichever itinerary you choose, you can enjoy enriching excursions, award-winning dining experiences and impeccable service when you join us on board one of our elegant ships for an all-inclusive journey.

FEATURED VOYAGES

Athens to Venice

Plus, Special Fares &
FREE Beverage Package

On July 13 & 22, 2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$4,499*

FROM

Grand European Tour
Grand European Tour

Budapest to Amsterdam

Plus, Special Fares & 
FREE Beverage Package

On July 2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$3,999*

FROM

Undiscovered Great Lakes

Undiscovered Great Lakes

Thunder Bay to Milwaukee

Plus, Special Fares &
FREE Beverage Package

On July 4 & 18, 2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$4,995*

FROM

NEW ITINERARY

Memphis to St. Paul 

Plus, Special Fares &
FREE Beverage Package

On June 2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$4,999*

FROM

EXTEND YOUR VOYAGE

Budapest
Budapest

Sample hearty local cuisine, rejuvenate at a thermal spa and explore both hilly Buda and romantic Pest when you add two nights to your Grand European Tour.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED ON VIKING‌.‌TV

At Home in Dubrovnik
At Home in Dubrovnik

Veteran guide Vlaho Carević, known for engaging guests with his captivating storytelling, takes us on a fascinating tour of Croatia’s famed “Pearl of the Adriatic” and its UNESCO-listed Old Town.

WATCH NOW ON VIKING‌.‌TV
SOC_Facebook SOC_YouTube SOC_Instagram SOC_Pinterest

Offer AW4: Offer valid on bookings made from Apr 4 to Apr 7, 2024. Free international airfare plus complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package & special fares. Cruise from $4,499 per person valid on select Jul 2024 departures of Empires of the Mediterranean in category V2; cruise from $3,999 per person on select Jul 2024 departures of Grand European Tour in category F; cruise from $4,995 per person on select Jul 2024 departures of Undiscovered Great Lakes in category N2; cruise from $4,999 per person on select Jun 2024 departures of Upper Mississippi Explorer in category V1; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Apr 7, 2024. Pay in full at time of booking. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Offer expires Apr 7, 2024.

5700 Canoga Avenue, Suite 200, Woodland Hills, California 91367

©1997-2024 All Rights Reserved | Advertisement CST: 2052644-40

Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | View Web Version

open?params=v1.XVlWydSdqrF2JySkBHtQNBGJPcuUjHvep-PDhcJw9dkZ9qBDaFp1nWmd7CIl7Bm0XtsFNpvNQMMZusVPpakD8j5OHzt_mJLXg32XCKKUTozB-J1oOpLo8TiXIqZJNRLrovBhyCht232GQNYLhW7M6QfMnZ074kzrT5Pv1idoWF29QP2tGNHbSLt1kr7IiL8D1c19SMBTDq0yAU0yyCqAlcvX3dN5d0hRDlCUji4RgYttcERC2CM3JvWrbKGkKR9I2nVfgCNIokerzkhVtc5LIXm_cwKBa6fal6qoFFO13Z64zxs4y4PrtSrGZXejFskEpZcdP0m1z6geQwRETEnjZchc1ObIFW0t3ht3r0LDkTN7YEb0JwF_1HpBFKBc5i4x5alVOXG5c4qq_DCcw8IRwvzXuHNpD52_uYVrkqezKq_hRXY6GqTFgTpxajkEgYNEBDv91pxnGZiSyU9TQY61LdFFosfzUEFRKCL96KUk6BPPy2sD_w&pid=v1.PLxYli7CnkCa2TEfUvjnW_d0JVFazbECuDPeRcMjdAH6MowHzO_7xaIndLnck1SCtR0CE6vn_dfJleqCD_9b&tuid=660e0998d12b1b7008e5a7c1&configId=2f8538b3-0a8b-4ad8-b75c-7f5d1c8367ab:PROD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any educated guesses about when the SSP incentive might be offered on all cruises ?  Trying to get the best deal to go Alaska and Far East...current $1000 and double past passenger may be almost as good!  It is a 37 day trip so SSP is $$$ and we do like to have that!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deec said:

Any educated guesses about when the SSP incentive might be offered on all cruises ?  Trying to get the best deal to go Alaska and Far East...current $1000 and double past passenger may be almost as good!  It is a 37 day trip so SSP is $$$ and we do like to have that!

We have had included SSP on two cruises so it’s something I keep an eye on, particularly after we’ve booked and come across another promotion later for the same cruise. What I’ve observed is Viking uses different promotions at different times to market to different people. The value of SSP might be perceived higher for some people, while others see more value in “free” air. 

Viking uses a mix of discounted air fare, SSP, same pricing within cabin class, booking discounts, OBC, etc. When I did the math on our last trip the different combinations of promotions offered over several months all magically came to approximately the same net price. If one combination of promos doesn’t fill the ship, they may try another, but the net cost tends to be very similar.

I would venture to guess that if you see your cruise with the SSB offered, some other change will also occur to make the net price almost the same.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

If one combination of promos doesn’t fill the ship, they may try another, but the net cost tends to be very similar.

Thanks for the analysis! I have booked two cruises using the  promo for cruisers who have a booked cruise before  a certain date. One for 2025 and another for 2026.

I have yet to wait till last minute to book a Viking cruise to hopefullyget a  bargain. 

• Like 1

It seems like there's an evolving basket of offers depending on bookings for a particular cruise. So a general strategy question:   We are considering the 2025 Australia Circumnavigation and have gotten a $1000 'future guest' offer. Our current cruise is in August. Do the on board rebooking opportunities improve and we should wait till we're on this 2024 cruise to book the 2025 cruise?

1 hour ago, Moby_Spout said:

It seems like there's an evolving basket of offers depending on bookings for a particular cruise. So a general strategy question:   We are considering the 2025 Australia Circumnavigation and have gotten a $1000 'future guest' offer. Our current cruise is in August. Do the on board rebooking opportunities improve and we should wait till we're on this 2024 cruise to book the 2025 cruise?

I personally would wait, while keeping on eye on availability frequently. The $1000 offer you’re talking about requires full payment very early, iirc, while booking when you’re onboard should allow you a six month final payment date.

But if paying in full, far in advance, doesn’t bother you, it’s probably smart to get the $1000. 

That $1000 offer probably won’t be the last one you get.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Moby_Spout said:

16 minutes ago, May B said:

I personally would wait, while keeping on eye on availability frequently. The $1000 offer you’re talking about requires full payment very early, iirc, while booking when you’re onboard should allow you a six month final payment date.

But if paying in full, far in advance, doesn’t bother you, it’s probably smart to get the $1000. 

That $1000 offer probably won’t be the last one you get.

You’ll also get an OBC for your current cruise if you book onboard. This should cover your gratuities (one good reason for not prepaying them)

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

You’ll also get an OBC for your current cruise if you book onboard. This should cover your gratuities (one good reason for not prepaying them)

Great point! Although I don’t recall getting that OBC when I made an onboard booking while on Jupiter last June. 

With Future Cruise offer just ask for payment to be pushed out. We have never had to pay any earlier than 6 months prior to sailing, unless we grabed a cruise sailing in less than 6 months then full payment required.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, May B said:

Great point! Although I don’t recall getting that OBC when I made an onboard booking while on Jupiter last June. 

I've been on the expedition ships twice in the last 5 months. The first time (2023), Viking was making a big deal of insta-onboard credit. The second time, it seemed more monies (like a second VES discount), off of the newly booked cruise.

I suspect promos offered on ships change based upon what HQ decides.

Edited by Mike07
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Teryle said:

With Future Cruise offer just ask for payment to be pushed out. We have never had to pay any earlier than 6 months prior to sailing, unless we grabed a cruise sailing in less than 6 months then full payment required.

When that letter arrives, it emphatically states the final payment date. Perhaps you are correct that a simple request will be met with a positive response.

I used my Dec. 2024 booking to get a six month final for a July 2025 cruise but then we decided not to deposit that booking (that’s twice I’ve stupidly failed to make a $25 pp deposit) and the agent told me I’d be losing the benefit of the six month final, by not depositing that booking. For some dumb reason, I failed to comprehend what she meant! Probably b/c that seems sooo ridiculous. I think the joke’s on me.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, milling73 said:

North Pacific Passage - has anyone seen a good sale promo code for this cruise in September?  Free air, reduced price, etc?  

Thank you!

Current promo code is AAM24

Free stateroom upgrade and discounted fare. Possibly free air.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/caribbean-americas/north-pacific-passage/index.html?startLocation=tokyo&endLocation=vancouver-british-columbia&year=2024

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

Promo JA4

LIMITED-TIME OFFER

FREE International Airfare | Special Fares

Ask for offer JA4 • Expires April 14, 2024

Discover the allure of Europe’s rivers

Discover the allure of Europe’s rivers

Medieval cathedrals, renowned museums and dramatic châteaux surrounded by stunning vineyards—history and culture intertwine on a voyage along Europe’s iconic rivers. From the elegant architecture that lines Vienna’s graceful Ringstrasse to the extraordinary vestiges of the Roman Empire in Southern France, enchanting landmarks await your exploration. Book your June 2024 voyage before April 14 to enjoy FREE international airfare and special fares on an unforgettable voyage into the heart of Europe.

FEATURED RIVER VOYAGES

Romantic Danube
Romantic Danube

Budapest to Regensburg

Plus, Special Fares

On Select Jun
2024 Departures

ASK FOR OFFER: JA4

DAYS

TOURS

$2,299*

FROM

Rhine Getaway
Rhine Getaway

Basel to Amsterdam

Plus, Special Fares

On Select Jun
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$2,499*

FROM

Danube Waltz
Danube Waltz

Budapest to Passau

Plus, Special Fares

On Select Jun
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$2,499*

FROM

Lyon and Provence
Lyon & Provence

Avignon to Lyon

Plus, Special Fares

On Select Jun
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$2,599*

FROM

Châteaux, Rivers and Wine
Châteaux, Rivers & Wine

Bordeaux to Bordeaux

Plus, Special Fares

On Select Jun
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$2,599*

FROM

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

All of these in yesterday’s mail. How about eliminating at least half and offer a better incentive to loyal guests with more than 15 sailings?!
Just a thought 🤪

IMG_0370.thumb.jpeg.4fb0700c048dbde0577ac88068dc1cd6.jpeg

No giant World Cruise brochure? Got one yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

10”x12”

image.thumb.jpeg.f1592c86a27dcadec3491090277112b6.jpeg

Marketing: Let's go with a larger format for a few extra bucks.  We do want them to fork over $200k+ on world cruises with us!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

All of these in yesterday’s mail. How about eliminating at least half and offer a better incentive to loyal guests with more than 15 sailings?!
Just a thought 🤪

IMG_0370.thumb.jpeg.4fb0700c048dbde0577ac88068dc1cd6.jpeg

I like it. But why 15? Why not 10?

12 hours ago, Torquato said:

I like it. But why 15? Why not 10?

No reason!

Maybe try a tier type reward system...when you reach 5 sailings, then 10, 15 and so on....There's no incentive for passengers who continue to cruise year after year after year. Everyone gets the same $200 off within a year no matter how many sailings you have. 😑

• Like 3
  • Haha 1