NEW OFFER ON 2025 VOYAGES

Katz Castle Tree Flowers St Goarshausen
clock icon

OFFER EXPIRES IN 4 DAYS

Bonus Savings of $500 per Couple
for New Viking Guests
Plus, up to FREE Airfare | $25 Deposit

Ask for offer NTB4 • Expires Sunday, April 14, 2024

This offer is only valid on new bookings.

2025 RIVER VOYAGES

Explorer Suite Longship Couple Relaxing

2025 OCEAN VOYAGES

Pura Bratan Temple Lake Sunrise Bali

2025 EXPEDITION VOYAGES

Octantis Ship Great Lakes Silver Islet

SOC_Facebook SOC_YouTube SOC_Instagram SOC_Pinterest

Offer NTB4: New Offer valid on bookings made from Apr 11 to Apr 14, 2024. Valid on 2025 Ocean, Expedition & River voyages; excludes World Cruise products. New to brand guests receive $500 per couple discount ($250 per person). Not combinable with other offers. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Book by Apr 14, 2024. 2025: Pay in full by Jul 31, 2024. Expires Apr 14, 2024.

5700 Canoga Avenue, Suite 200, Woodland Hills, California 91367

©1997-2024 All Rights Reserved | Advertisement CST: 2052644-40

Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | View Web Version

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2024 at 10:02 AM, May B said:

When that letter arrives, it emphatically states the final payment date. Perhaps you are correct that a simple request will be met with a positive response.

@May B Yes, it does, but we called Viking this week and booked using FV424 and requested the 6 month out final payment for an Oct 25 cruise and got it. It never hurts to ask when you have another cruise already booked. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BluebonnetTexan said:

@May B Yes, it does, but we called Viking this week and booked using FV424 and requested the 6 month out final payment for an Oct 25 cruise and got it. It never hurts to ask when you have another cruise already booked. 

We did the same with a different promo and they moved our Oct 25 payment deadline for Far Eastern Horizons to April 25.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

7 hours ago, BluebonnetTexan said:

That letter only goes to customers who have a cruise already booked. Congrats to you for getting them to ignore their own extremely restrictive offer.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

We did the same with a different promo and they moved our Oct 25 payment deadline for Far Eastern Horizons to April 25.

8 hours ago, BluebonnetTexan said:

It doesn’t surprise me about another promo, OneSixtyToOne, but BluebonnetTexan, I’m still a tad mind-boggled that the comment in the letter is totally ignored. I also just got a six month final payment date, using FV424. And my cruise is in August of 2026!

@May B Glad to hear it! I suspect that when people called in and found out they couldn’t get the 6-month out payment that they could get any other time with a cruise already booked, then they weren’t booking with this promo. Thus, agents were told to start allowing it. We won’t book anymore unless we can get the 6-month final payment or we are booking something sailing in less than 6 months. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BluebonnetTexan said:

@May B Glad to hear it! I suspect that when people called in and found out they couldn’t get the 6-month out payment that they could get any other time with a cruise already booked, then they weren’t booking with this promo. Thus, agents were told to start allowing it. We won’t book anymore unless we can get the 6-month final payment or we are booking something sailing in less than 6 months. 

Good thinking!

I have my eye on one other Viking, but it’s offered multiple times and we can’t figure out when to book it. I hope we’ll get another FV offer in the mail, that will work for it.

I've found Viking to be more accommodating with cruise changes and applying promos in 2024.  I recently changed my 2026 ocean cruise to river cruise, and asked them to apply FV424.  Done in a jiffy with no fuss given.  Compared to my experience of asking to apply a promo, or OBC, or a paid upgrade in 2022, this difference felt like night and day.  Guess IPO and bad publicity don't mix well.  Or could it be Viking has finally listened to our complaints?

• Like 1

I just wanted to share this as it wasn’t obvious when I first read this promo announcement.

The current promo code for Med cruises - AAM24 - is also good for two sailings of the Southern Atlantic Crossing (which does have 2 port stops on the Med). This 22 day cruise sails from Buenos Aires to Barcelona and includes 8 excursions in 6 countries and 3 continents.

The promo provides free air and free cabin upgrades - pay for a V2 and get a DV2.

Both sailings have several DV2s available. The package for the 10/18/24 sailing is $4,999 PP before the past guest discount which is currently $400 PP - or a total cost of $9,198 per couple for a DV2 with free air. The 3/24/25 sailing is from Buenos Aires to Barcelona and costs $500 more per person. This promo expires 4/30/24.

5 hours ago, Squawkman said:

I just wanted to share this as it wasn’t obvious when I first read this promo announcement.

The current promo code for Med cruises - AAM24 - is also good for two sailings of the Southern Atlantic Crossing (which does have 2 port stops on the Med). This 22 day cruise sails from Buenos Aires to Barcelona and includes 8 excursions in 6 countries and 3 continents.

The promo provides free air and free cabin upgrades - pay for a V2 and get a DV2.

Both sailings have several DV2s available. The package for the 10/18/24 sailing is $4,999 PP before the past guest discount which is currently $400 PP - or a total cost of $9,198 per couple for a DV2 with free air. The 3/24/25 sailing is from Buenos Aires to Barcelona and costs $500 more per person. This promo expires 4/30/24.

Thanks, just tried code, but does not give double past guest discount.

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

Thanks, just tried code, but does not give double past guest discount.

That will be added in the final stage of booking. I booked mine with my Viking agent - I assume any travel agent - or booking with “price and build” will do the same.

3 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

That will be added in the final stage of booking. I booked mine with my Viking agent - I assume any travel agent - or booking with “price and build” will do the same.

Thanks, also rang up my V agent to ask.  He said just $200pp past guest discount, not double.

1 minute ago, FetaCheese said:

Thanks, also rang up my V agent to ask.  He said just $200pp past guest discount, not double.

We booked this past Friday and got $400 past guest discount each. My Viking agent is on vacation this week or I would ask him for you. We revised an existing booking to do this - and our original booking was $200pp past guest discount. Maybe this offer expired mid-April? Maybe ask your agent again?

1 hour ago, Squawkman said:

We booked this past Friday and got $400 past guest disco each. My Viking agent is on vacation this week or I would ask him for you. We revised an existing booking to do this - and our original booking was $200pp past guest discount. Maybe this offer expired mid-April? Maybe ask your agent again?

Thanks for this info.  Will ring him up tomorrow.  May have been part of a weekend sale.

Quote was for Southern Atlantic crossing 18 October 2024, BCN/Buenos Aires.

4 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Thanks for this info.  Will ring him up tomorrow.  May have been part of a weekend sale.

Quote was for Southern Atlantic crossing 18 October 2024, BCN/Buenos Aires.

We booked March 24 2025 which is Buenos Aires/BCN and $500 more per person than your date. We also used $200 Viking River certificates we bought a year ago.

• Thanks 1

we moved the date of our Zurich to Paris that we had booked in January while onboard the Octantis and LOST the $400/pp past passenger discount...Viking would not budge on it!  It can be soooo frustrating. 

3 minutes ago, deec said:

we moved the date of our Zurich to Paris that we had booked in January while onboard the Octantis and LOST the $400/pp past passenger discount...Viking would not budge on it!  It can be soooo frustrating. 

Dee - we've had the same thing happen to us recently.  You have to be careful about what you gain/lose when transferring.  In our experience, Viking is NOT being more flexible these days as someone had said earlier.  And we have an outstanding TA who battles hard for us.  Looking at the IPO notes, it would appear Viking has very high occupancy rates in the industry and has a large percentage of 2024 and into 25 booked.   So perhaps they are lenient more on the very future bookings rather than 2024.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, deec said:

The only thing we lost was the $200 pp OBC we earned by booking within 2 weeks of disembarkation. Ironically, we gained it back as we got $400 pp past guest discount on the revised booking.

8 hours ago, deec said:

I'm personally not a fan of booking onboard. What they're offering is generally not worth signing up for. Plus, the last onboard cruise consultant either thought I was a pushover or we just didn't mesh --- it was liked used car salesman cringe.

We have always been very happy with the cruise consultant and found their suggestions valuable plus the OBC is always useful to use toward our gratuities.  Not the consultant's fault that Viking would NOT honor the double pass passenger credit  😞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deec said:

We have always been very happy with the cruise consultant and found their suggestions valuable plus the OBC is always useful to use toward our gratuities.  Not the consultant's fault that Viking would NOT honor the double pass passenger credit  😞

I'd agree, Dee, with one exception we had (the last cruise).  We didn't mesh.  He wasn't a used car salesman.  He was an order taker and didn't volunteer any information.  I had to know the questions I wanted to ask and maybe he might answer them.  It was like pulling teeth!  And he kept looking at his watch - and then finally said - well are you going to buy or not (i.e. please leave it you aren't)...   but that was only once!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

I'd agree, Dee, with one exception we had (the last cruise).  We didn't mesh.  He wasn't a used car salesman.  He was an order taker and didn't volunteer any information.  I had to know the questions I wanted to ask and maybe he might answer them.  It was like pulling teeth!  And he kept looking at his watch - and then finally said - well are you going to buy or not (i.e. please leave it you aren't)...   but that was only once!

Similar to me... increasingly become more adversarial when it became clear that I don't take the first offer presented, and I sleep on decisions. The MVJ app started spamming my notifications that I still had an opportunity to book last minute cruise deals. I would hope for Viking's sake, it was a ship wide push thru the app notification.

World cruise.... Sky.... Jan 5 LA to London. Reserved this last year only to cancel and booked the Orion for 91 days which we are on presently. Last years World promos came out in Aug. If anyone sees sooner let me know.

Just now, WAVTAM said:

World cruise.... Sky.... Jan 5 LA to London. Reserved this last year only to cancel and booked the Orion for 91 days which we are on presently. Last years World promos came out in Aug. If anyone sees sooner let me know.

Actually the first promos on the World Cruise came out in March or April 2023.  I know because I missed it and didn’t see until August. Someone on our (Sky) rollcall told me that I was late. 😂