Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

On 3/2/2024 at 7:54 AM, slewis7 said:

My wife and I very recently made a new booking with Viking so I have emailed my travel agent to see if we can apply the “Special Future Guest Promotion” retroactively. 🤞

We booked a Viking China cruise on Feb 29, found out about offer code FV324 while reading this topic, sent our TA on March 5 the "Dear Valued Future Guest" letter kindly provided by Travel Lion (thanks, Travel Lion!), and got a $500 pp reduction that same day. 

• Like 7

Promo MT24

MARCH SPECIAL SAVINGS

Ask for offer MT24 • Expires March 31, 2024

Discover iconic landmarks and hidden gems

Discover iconic landmarks & hidden gems

Our destination-focused river voyages immerse you in the history and culture found along Europe’s enchanting waterways. Join us on a thoughtfully curated journey and you can uncover iconic landmarks and hidden gems, from the soaring towers of the Eltz Castle in Germany and the opulence of Vienna’s Hofburg Palace in Austria to the oldest Kinderdijk windmill in The Netherlands. Reserve your stateroom today and enjoy FREE airfare and reduced fares on 2024 departures of the featured voyages below.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED RIVER VOYAGES

Grand European Tour
Grand European Tour

Budapest to Amsterdam

FREE International Airfare
Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Jun–Aug, Oct & Nov
2024 Departures

ASK FOR OFFER: MT24

DAYS

TOURS

$3,999*

FROM

Rhine Getaway
Rhine Getaway

Basel to Amsterdam

Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Jun–Aug
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$2,599*

FROM

Romantic Danube
Romantic Danube

Budapest to Regensburg

Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Jun–Aug
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$2,599*

FROM

Danube Waltz
Danube Waltz

Budapest to Passau

Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Jun–Aug
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$2,599*

FROM

FEATURED ON VIKING‌.‌TV

Vienna’s Iconic Architecture

Join Viking’s Joost Ouendag as he explores the architectural treasures of Austria’s opulent capital, including Hofburg Palace and St. Stephen’s Cathedral.

WATCH NOW ON VIKING‌.‌TV
SOC_Facebook SOC_YouTube SOC_Instagram SOC_Pinterest

*per person

Offer MT24: Offer valid on bookings made from Mar 7 to Mar 31, 2024. Cruise from $2,599 per person based on select Jun-Aug 2024 departures of Rhine Getaway; Danube Waltz; Romantic Danube in category F; cruise from $3,999 per person based on select Jun 2024 departures of Grand European Tour in category F; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. A limited-time $25 per person deposit is due at time of booking; remaining deposit is due with final payment. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Book by Mar 31, 2024. Pay in full by Apr 30, 2024 or at time of booking if within 120 days. Offer expires Mar 31, 2024.

Air Promo: Up to free international airfare based on select Jun-Aug 2024 departures of Rhine Getaway; Danube Waltz; Romantic Danube; select Jun-Aug, Oct & Nov 2024 departures of Grand European Tour. Call for details. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Ask for Offer MT24. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Offer expires Mar 31, 2024.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Anyone know of a code for West Indies to Iberia in October this year?  On the Viking site it is the following:

image.png.42ea371cb2de7fd3769e880a9b816a13.png

Promo ESE24 is only valid for the March 27 sailing of the West Indies & the Iberian Peninsula

The Fall sailings are listed as a different cruise name and I don’t see any promos. It also have more ports of call and days.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/multi-region/west-indies-iberia/index.html#search/sfym=2024-10&sftcm=west-indies-iberia

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

"West Indies to Iberia in October"

That's  likely to be a repositioning trip.  They may wait until closer to departure to market that cruise.

We've done a couple of those in the past two year.  Viking has offered a very reasonable fare including free airfare and other amenities.  I never get tired of Barcelona.

• Like 3

On 3/8/2024 at 2:22 AM, CDNPolar said:

Anyone know of a code for West Indies to Iberia in October this year?  On the Viking site it is the following:

image.png.42ea371cb2de7fd3769e880a9b816a13.png

I wish they would call the fall version of this Iberia to West Indies. I always get excited thinking we could do a fall TA ans have Christmas in Europe.  

15 hours ago, Opinica said:

That's  likely to be a repositioning trip.  They may wait until closer to departure to market that cruise.

We've done a couple of those in the past two year.  Viking has offered a very reasonable fare including free airfare and other amenities.  I never get tired of Barcelona.

Just looking to maximize the fare where possible.  The fare is really low already and even the Viking agent commented on the low fare.

Viking Cruises

Call Viking at 844-682-0762
or contact your travel advisor

SPECIAL OFFER

$25 Deposit | Up to FREE Airfare | Special Fares
Up to $1,000 Shipboard Credit per Couple

Ask for offer EST24 • Expires March 31, 2024

Journey through history

Journey through history

Discover Xian’s magnificent Terra Cotta Warriors, built to guard the tomb of China’s first emperor. Explore a 19th-century gold rush boom town in the Australian Outback. Or visit Honolulu's Iolani Palace, home of Hawaii's last reigning monarchs. History unfolds when you join us on an ocean voyage, with thoughtfully curated excursions, fascinating lectures and informative port talks designed to enhance your explorations. Reserve your preferred stateroom today to enjoy special fares, up to $1,000 in shipboard credit per couple and more on one of the captivating itineraries below.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED OCEAN VOYAGES

Classic China & the Coast

NEW ITINERARY

Classic China & the Coast

Beijing to Hong Kong

$25 Deposit &
Plus, Special Fares &
Up to $1,000 Shipboard Credit*

Select Sep–Nov 2024 Voyages

ASK FOR OFFER: EST24

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRY

China Discovery

NEW ITINERARY

China Discovery

Shanghai to Hong Kong

$25 Deposit &
Plus, Special Fares &

Select Sep–Nov 2024 Voyages

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRY

Komodo & the Australian Coast
Komodo & the
Australian Coast

Bali to Sydney

$25 Deposit &
Up to FREE International Airfare
Plus, Special Fares &

Select Nov–Dec 2024 &
Feb–Mar 2025 Voyages

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Grand Hawaii & Polynesia
Grand Hawaii &
Polynesia

Los Angeles to Los Angeles

$25 Deposit &
Up to FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Plus, Special Fares &

Oct 27, 2024 &
Jan 31, 2025 Voyages

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Southeast Asia & Hong Kong
Southeast Asia & Hong Kong

Hong Kong to Bangkok

$25 Deposit &
Up to FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Plus, Special Fares &

Oct 18, 2024 &
Apr 18, 2025 Voyages

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

FEATURED ON VIKING‌.‌TV

Uncover Australia’s Rich History
Uncover Australia’s Rich History

Expand your knowledge of Australia’s past as Viking Resident Historian Dr. Robert Cribb presents “History of Australia—From Dreamtime to 1851.”

• Like 1

Looks like one way Viking is dealing with fluctuating river levels is creating a shorter river voyage with more overnights. Vienna and Budapest are definitely worth more time there. 

NEW ITINERARY

Treasures of the Danube

ASK FOR OFFER: EBD
Ends March 31, 2024

Treasures of the Danube

A new Danube River voyage

Beginning this winter, you can enjoy more time to explore one of Europe’s iconic rivers on our new Treasures of the Danube itinerary, a 10-day voyage with overnight stays in Vienna, Budapest and Passau. From marveling at Slovakia’s majestic Bratislava Castle, perched on a hilltop overlooking the capital, to savoring lunch in Austria’s oldest restaurant on an included excursion to Salzburg, discover the best of Europe at a quieter time of year. Reserve your preferred stateroom with a $25 deposit during our Spring Sale and receive special savings on this enchanting journey.

NEW ITINERARY

Treasures of the Danube

10 DAYS | Passau to Budapest

$25 Deposit  |  Reduced International Airfare  |  Special Fares

ASK FOR OFFER: EBD

Dec 2024 & Jan–Mar 2025 Departures

Treasures of the Danube itinerary map
Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, berryvillebomber said:

I booked an Ocean cruise with Viking using the FV324 promo code(Thank you).
Is it worth it to move the booking over to a travel agent, now?
What perks can I expect to get (if any) from a travel agent to do this?

Thanks for the help.

It is not just about moving the booking.  If you are looking for perks, some TA's offer perks, some TA's don't, and then there are some TA's that will charge you to handle your booking.

It is all about calling and asking what a TA will give you to transfer the booking.  You have to do the leg work to find the benefit.

We cannot name TA's on this site, but you can expect perks from some.

There are MANY discussion threads on CC that go into detail about the pros and cons of using a TA for your cruise booking.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, berryvillebomber said:

Thanks for the help.

I always transfer my booking to a travel agent for the on board credit perk (every little bit helps). 😃

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

They must be hurting to fill spaces this summer on the River Cruises....

The Olympics in Paris is messing with their sailings. I noticed the Cities of Light cruise is offering extensions in Brussels, Bruges, and Oxford instead of Paris. There are many other modifications too.  

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

On 3/6/2024 at 3:19 PM, ebdb said:

We booked a Viking China cruise on Feb 29, found out about offer code FV324 while reading this topic, sent our TA on March 5 the "Dear Valued Future Guest" letter kindly provided by Travel Lion (thanks, Travel Lion!), and got a $500 pp reduction that same day. 

UPDATE: Surprise -- adding the FV324 offer moved our PIF date from 05/09 to 03/31. We learned this in an automated Viking email received 03/10. My TA was told that Viking erred in giving us that discount because we had booked one day before the promo was announced/became effective!  After some lengthy back and forth, Viking allowed us to keep the discount and moved the PIF to 04/30 -- we can live with that.

On 3/7/2024 at 12:27 PM, OneSixtyToOne said:

Promo MT24

MARCH SPECIAL SAVINGS

Ask for offer MT24 • Expires March 31, 2024

Discover iconic landmarks and hidden gems

Discover iconic landmarks & hidden gems

Our destination-focused river voyages immerse you in the history and culture found along Europe’s enchanting waterways. Join us on a thoughtfully curated journey and you can uncover iconic landmarks and hidden gems, from the soaring towers of the Eltz Castle in Germany and the opulence of Vienna’s Hofburg Palace in Austria to the oldest Kinderdijk windmill in The Netherlands. Reserve your stateroom today and enjoy FREE airfare and reduced fares on 2024 departures of the featured voyages below.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED RIVER VOYAGES

Grand European Tour
Grand European Tour

Budapest to Amsterdam

Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Jun–Aug, Oct & Nov
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$3,999*

FROM

Rhine Getaway
Rhine Getaway

Basel to Amsterdam

Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Jun–Aug
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$2,599*

FROM

Romantic Danube
Romantic Danube

Budapest to Regensburg

Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Jun–Aug
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$2,599*

FROM

Danube Waltz
Danube Waltz

Budapest to Passau

Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Jun–Aug
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$2,599*

FROM

FEATURED ON VIKING‌.‌TV

Join Viking’s Joost Ouendag as he explores the architectural treasures of Austria’s opulent capital, including Hofburg Palace and St. Stephen’s Cathedral.

WATCH NOW ON VIKING‌.‌TV
SOC_Facebook SOC_YouTube SOC_Instagram SOC_Pinterest

*per person

Offer MT24: Offer valid on bookings made from Mar 7 to Mar 31, 2024. Cruise from $2,599 per person based on select Jun-Aug 2024 departures of Rhine Getaway; Danube Waltz; Romantic Danube in category F; cruise from $3,999 per person based on select Jun 2024 departures of Grand European Tour in category F; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. A limited-time $25 per person deposit is due at time of booking; remaining deposit is due with final payment. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Book by Mar 31, 2024. Pay in full by Apr 30, 2024 or at time of booking if within 120 days. Offer expires Mar 31, 2024.

Air Promo: Up to free international airfare based on select Jun-Aug 2024 departures of Rhine Getaway; Danube Waltz; Romantic Danube; select Jun-Aug, Oct & Nov 2024 departures of Grand European Tour. Call for details. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Ask for Offer MT24. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Offer expires Mar 31, 2024.

This has nothing to do with Viking Promos but the only way I can think of to contact you.  I think you posted a review or a running log of a Viking Expedition cruise you did from Ushuaia to Santiago through Patagonia in Chile.  My DH has an interest in expedition now but i don't know how to find your postings.  Do you have a link?  Thanks.

58 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

This has nothing to do with Viking Promos but the only way I can think of to contact you.  I think you posted a review or a running log of a Viking Expedition cruise you did from Ushuaia to Santiago through Patagonia in Chile.  My DH has an interest in expedition now but i don't know how to find your postings.  Do you have a link?  Thanks.

Here you go. It was an amazing cruise.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 2:20 PM, berryvillebomber said:

Thanks for the help.

I agree that it is definitely worth it. Travel Agents typically get 15-16% in commission. I have received as much as 13% in cash back, fare discounts and/or cabin credits. (That was when cruising had just re-started after COVID and agents were hungry.) On another cruise I got 10% back. I recently booked a 2 week cruise for my son and DIL and got them an additional $400. off the fare and $600. in cabin credits. Here is my process:

First, I comb this forum (which I greatly appreciate) for any discount codes, then I book the cruise myself. Once I have my confirmation of the booking I go to a site that will allow travel agents to bid for my business. I don't know if I am allowed to post that link, but if you put "New tool lets cruise agents bid for your business," it will take you to an article with the link to that site.  You have to register for a free account. Then I post on that site that I have already booked the cruise, give the date and ship and cabin number. In the notes section, I ask that the bids include any discounts or cabin credits. Within 1-3 days, I will get 5-6 bids and I just pick the best offer. I give them a call and give them my booking number and they call Viking and have the booking transferred to their agency. I really don't expect any other service from a travel agent--I prefer to do all my own research, choose my own flights etc.  So its a win-win for both of us. Within 14 days of booking, I will purchase travel insurance checking both Squaremouth and InsuremyTrip to compare policies/rates (doing it within 14 days gets coverage for any-pre-existing conditions). Then I call Viking and ask them to be sure to send my documents/luggage tags to my home address, otherwise they will send it to the agent. Last I make sure when I receive the new booking confirmation from the agent, that my discounts and cabin credits are shown. Keep in mind, that you have a limited length of time to transfer a booking to an agent. I think with Viking it is 60 days, but I do it as soon as possible. Then, 10 months before the date of debarkation, I go online and choose flights, call Viking Air Plus and ask them to book. With Air Plus, I don't have to go through the agent. So that is my process, gleaned from many years of booking cruises. There is only one way that I know of to get a better price... and that is to become a travel agent yourself. Hope this helps and safe travels friends. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5