Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

52 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

Thank you for fast reply.

My sorry story-

Viking has lowered their fares for Egyptian river cruises for 2024.  I booked in September 2023.

I'm not at final payment and wanted a price adjustment in light of what you wrote.  I have a Viking agent as well as a TA.

Called the Viking agent first and was told that this was a matter for my TA to contact Viking.

Called my TA and we actually got into an argument.  My TA swore that Viking would never do a price adjustment and that it would be "a waste of time to call".  I told her to call.

She called.

Less than 30 minutes later I received a revised invoice with a savings of almost $3K.

No apology from my TA.  Fairy Tales can come true........

Thank you WestW!

Awesome!! As Borat would say.. "GREAT SUCCESS!!"

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WestW said:

Glad it worked out.  Never hurts to try - 30 minutes of effort for $3000 in savings! I wonder how the adjustment impacted the TA (if any).

The impact to my TA is that she lost my trust and is history.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, we don't use a TA.  We have always booked directly thru Viking and for our last 7 V trips we have used the same representative.  He is always accommodating and changes our booking, when and if we find a code. I change things a lot and he is always very gracious about it.    Of course, he can only do what is allowed, but I think until you get into the penalty period, you can make changes, cancel, rebook etc. We may miss out on some TA extras but I don't think you do much better than Viking good specials/flash sales etc.....I could certainly be wrong.  Once you are in the hands of a TA, the V reps will not handle it.  That TA was either very foolish or not well informed.

• Like 2

RS24

NEW OFFER ON
SPRING VOYAGES

FREE Airfare  |  Reduced Fares

Ask for offer RS24 · Expires January 31, 2024

Unpack once and explore

Unpack once & explore

Whether you choose to visit elegant Paris and the charming villages that line the Seine or explore closer to home and discover the rich food, culture and history along the Mississippi River, you can unpack once and leave the rest to us on an unforgettable river voyage. Wherever you choose to sail, enjoy impeccable service, destination-focused dining and thoughtfully curated excursions designed for curious travelers like you. Reserve your stateroom today to take advantage of our new offer on spring 2024 sailings—FREE airfare and special reduced fares on the featured voyages below.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED RIVER VOYAGES

Cities of Light
Cities of Light

Prague to Paris

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Mar & Apr
2024 Departures

ASK FOR OFFER: RS24

DAYS

TOURS

$2,999*

FROM

Paris to the Swiss Alps
Paris to the Swiss Alps

Zürich to Paris

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Mar & Apr
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$3,499*

FROM

Tulips and Windmills
Tulips & Windmills

Amsterdam to Amsterdam

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Mar & Apr
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$2,999*

FROM

Capitals of Eastern Europe
Capitals of Eastern Europe

Vienna to Bucharest

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Mar & Apr
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$4,499*

FROM

Heart of the Delta
Heart of the Delta

New Orleans to Memphis

FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Plus, Reduced Fares

On Select Mar & Apr
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

$3,999*

FROM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MikeyB said:

My sorry story-

Viking has lowered their fares for Egyptian river cruises for 2024.  I booked in September 2023.

I'm not at final payment and wanted a price adjustment in light of what you wrote.  I have a Viking agent as well as a TA.

Called the Viking agent first and was told that this was a matter for my TA to contact Viking.

Called my TA and we actually got into an argument.  My TA swore that Viking would never do a price adjustment and that it would be "a waste of time to call".  I told her to call.

She called.

Less than 30 minutes later I received a revised invoice with a savings of almost $3K.

Thank you WestW!

Glad it worked for you.  I just tried and was told Promo NTB24 is for new guests only.

JM24  for Mississippi

SPECIAL OFFER

FREE Roundtrip Airfare  |  FREE Stateroom Upgrade  |  $25 Deposit
Double Past Guest Discount: Save up to $800

Ask for offer JM24 · Expires January‌ 31, ‌2024

Mississippi Special Offer

Captivating discoveries await along the Mississippi

Sway to the tempo of Dixieland jazz in the historic French Quarter of New Orleans. Sample world-famous barbecue in Memphis. Or visit the real-life “Field of Dreams,” made famous by the classic film, in Iowa. It all comes together on a Mississippi River voyage with us, where you can immerse yourself in the rich history, culture and cuisine of one of America’s most vibrant regions. Reserve your stateroom on board the elegant Viking Mississippi today and enjoy a very special offer—FREE roundtrip airfare, a FREE stateroom upgrade and a Double Past Guest Discount of up to $800 per couple.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED MISSISSIPPI VOYAGES

Mississippi Delta Explorer

NEW ITINERARY

New Orleans to Memphis

$25 Deposit &
FREE Roundtrip Airfare
Plus, FREE Stateroom Upgrade &
Double Past Guest Discount

On Select Jun–Jul & Sep
2024 Departures

ASK FOR OFFER: JM24

DAYS

TOURS

Upper Mississippi Explorer

NEW ITINERARY

Memphis to St. Paul

$25 Deposit &
FREE Roundtrip Airfare

On Select Jun, Aug & Oct
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

Heart of the Delta
Heart of the Delta

New Orleans to Memphis

$25 Deposit &
FREE Roundtrip Airfare

On Select Feb–Jun & Nov
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

America’s Heartland
America’s Heartland

St. Louis to Twin Cities

$25 Deposit &
FREE Roundtrip Airfare

On Select Aug
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

New Orleans and Southern Charms
New Orleans &
Southern Charms

New Orleans to New Orleans

$25 Deposit &
FREE Roundtrip Airfare

On Select Feb & Nov–Dec
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

On 1/27/2024 at 12:20 PM, Selion said:

JM24  for Mississippi

SPECIAL OFFER

FREE Roundtrip Airfare  |  FREE Stateroom Upgrade  |  $25 Deposit
Double Past Guest Discount: Save up to $800

Ask for offer JM24 · Expires January‌ 31, ‌2024

Mississippi Special Offer

Captivating discoveries await along the Mississippi

Sway to the tempo of Dixieland jazz in the historic French Quarter of New Orleans. Sample world-famous barbecue in Memphis. Or visit the real-life “Field of Dreams,” made famous by the classic film, in Iowa. It all comes together on a Mississippi River voyage with us, where you can immerse yourself in the rich history, culture and cuisine of one of America’s most vibrant regions. Reserve your stateroom on board the elegant Viking Mississippi today and enjoy a very special offer—FREE roundtrip airfare, a FREE stateroom upgrade and a Double Past Guest Discount of up to $800 per couple.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED MISSISSIPPI VOYAGES

NEW ITINERARY

New Orleans to Memphis

$25 Deposit &
FREE Roundtrip Airfare

On Select Jun–Jul & Sep
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

NEW ITINERARY

Memphis to St. Paul

$25 Deposit &
FREE Roundtrip Airfare

On Select Jun, Aug & Oct
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

Heart of the Delta
Heart of the Delta

New Orleans to Memphis

$25 Deposit &
FREE Roundtrip Airfare

On Select Feb–Jun & Nov
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

America’s Heartland
America’s Heartland

St. Louis to Twin Cities

$25 Deposit &
FREE Roundtrip Airfare

On Select Aug
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

New Orleans and Southern Charms
New Orleans &
Southern Charms

New Orleans to New Orleans

$25 Deposit &
FREE Roundtrip Airfare

On Select Feb & Nov–Dec
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

We used code RM24 on Heart of the Delta cruise tour. Worked better than JM24

• Like 1

EBD - Free air to China

DISCOVER MORE Sale - Save on New China voyages - FREE International Airfare | $25 Deposit | Special Fares | Double Past Guest Discount: Save up to $800 - Ask for offer EBD * Expires February 29, 2024

FEATURED OCEAN VOYAGES

Classic China & the Coast

NEW ITINERARY  |  DISCOVER MORE SALE

Classic China & the Coast

15 DAYS | Beijing to Hong Kong

Marvel at a Ming Dynasty temple where emperors once prayed for a bountiful harvest, explore Xian—the capital of 12 imperial dynasties—in Central China, sample Cantonese dim sum in Shenzhen and so much more.

ASK FOR OFFER: EBD

Wonders of China

Wonders of China

20 DAYS | Beijing to Beijing

Travel into mountainous Tibet, where you will meet a local family, and enjoy overnight stays in Beijing, Chengdu, Lhasa and Xian on our most comprehensive China itinerary.

China Discovery

China Discovery

10 DAYS | Shanghai to Hong Kong

From Shanghai’s iconic waterfront and culinary delights to the Buddhist shrines of Zhoushan, immerse yourself in China’s rich culture and history during an unforgettable, fully guided journey along its scenic southeastern coast.

EXTEND YOUR VOYAGE

Beijing
Beijing

Explore UNESCO World Heritage Sites—including the Forbidden City and Great Wall—when you extend your China Discovery voyage with 3 additional nights in one of history’s great capitals.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED VIDEO

Discovering Exclusive-to-Viking China Voyages
Discovering Exclusive-to-Viking China Voyages

Join Viking Vice President of Product Development Joost Ouendag for an in-depth overview of our new coastal China voyages and learn how you can have the unique opportunity to be immersed in the history, culture and natural wonders of the Middle Kingdom.

WATCH NOW
SOC_Facebook SOC_YouTube SOC_Instagram SOC_Pinterest

Offer EBD: Offer valid on bookings made from Feb 1 to Feb 29, 2024. $25 deposit, FREE nationwide international airfare, plus double past guest discount per couple & special fares valid on select Sep-Nov 2024 departures of Classic China & the Coast; China Discovery; select Sep-Oct 2024 departures of Wonders of China. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Feb 29, 2024. Pay in full by Mar 31, 2024. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Offer expires Feb 29, 2024.

5700 Canoga Avenue, Suite 200, Woodland Hills, California 91367

©1997-2024 All Rights Reserved | Advertisement CST: 2052644-40

Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | View Web Version

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for the single picture above-wifi in the pacific is pretty crappy!   Got an email today (which is yesterday for most of you!).  Several sailings including the one above, all three spring transatlantics and the last segment on our current cruise are available on this promo.  Come join us in Singapore-will be interesting to see where we go on our way to London!

Here is a link-not sure it will work as it may be to an Australian site since we are “downunder”. 

https://data.em.viking.com/ee/v1/click?params=v1.9eCeUDYfLnYm3927cAtvVFDD3e-d1zB77Bc8v2Ud1x3WU9n28asXr69HE729e6PmpAf8K0ubKIltlLM_M_0oq4y3zECCFYMR1fLUExoSGDiyupHz7nyx6RVlh4rak05NNIl20Qv-fjSFW4EaVaR3UKrOd0r6V6bALCmccLCtklhw-GKy5f9in07uUmrDhqGT_8ykBzC0101vc22BqF4uIRoSh6oEdotTLAKihZ_-YW3WUkf93y3KZ4AMV751a4jpdbiacPaHmV-Teuv8Tjq3z2EwElzGcVHK1ZGCWa84pu9myY20RJS2YN5LaELixCdjkfzI3xx9PPLoC87i_-bTH3i5mhI_2t7FUx8IMOCYfHBEfbjFv9nIzazjjA91rxL5_MKGwbc5DtSRM7adaOUapnTQLDqBvpJdrvuX3j9l94CeZNxgyFkoayE2qHyTe7-0eUyZ4l5UBmIpsmUrAp3C9BKANneBkvxA5Q&pid=v1._NZ8D_32dYk2I0OZopNaSY9dKTGIJsxCWWcyGAHAQdjBm87PmFq-g1XtLXK83UXSV3mb_W1u6Gx0ZBXvjNlI&tuid=65bc0e2d7d21856ae0822f29&configId=2f8538b3-0a8b-4ad8-b75c-7f5d1c8367ab:PROD

• Like 4

On 1/24/2024 at 9:59 AM, MikeyB said:

My sorry story-

She called.

Thank you WestW!

I read this and called Viking to see if I could get a discount. We paid in full several months before you did, direct not with a TA. I was told we are past the 50% dollar mark so to cancel and rebook with the newest promo code would not be worth if for us even though we are First Time Customer's with Viking.

It was a little contentious because they were apologizing profusely telling me they understand the prices have dropped but we are not in the "window" of time where they can do ANYTHING and I tried to get ship credit, silver spirits beverage package of shore excursion and NOPE. They were not willing to compensate us in any way! 

I can't understand why Viking will not do anything for us when they have dropped the prices for the Egyptian river cruises for 2024, This trip better be fantastic or I Will Never Go On A Viking Cruise Again!   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Travel Lion said:

I read this and called Viking to see if I could get a discount. We paid in full several months before you did, direct not with a TA. I was told we are past the 50% dollar mark so to cancel and rebook with the newest promo code would not be worth if for us even though we are First Time Customer's with Viking.

It was a little contentious because they were apologizing profusely telling me they understand the prices have dropped but we are not in the "window" of time where they can do ANYTHING and I tried to get ship credit, silver spirits beverage package of shore excursion and NOPE. They were not willing to compensate us in any way! 

I can't understand why Viking will not do anything for us when they have dropped the prices for the Egyptian river cruises for 2024, This trip better be fantastic or I Will Never Go On A Viking Cruise Again!   

They most definitely can do something. I mean, corporate could cut you a check after the cruise to refund you the fare, minus port taxes, fees and airline tickets because you email them and complain that your medium rare steak was cooked to medium.

But, not trying to hijack this thread. Rather, pointing out the absurdity.

Also, prior to the war, I remember looking up what the prices were for an Egyptian cruise with Viking and every single 2024 sailing was sold out. Now, they're pushing and dropping the prices left and right.

Edited by Mike07
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Teryle said:

Try a revised booking. Have to change date, but can get the new promo. 

So you are suggesting that it would be advantageous to take a 50% "haircut" (likely greater than $6K) to perhaps save half that?

Priceless.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MikeyB said:

So you are suggesting that it would be advantageous to take a 50% "haircut" (likely greater than $6K) to perhaps save half that?

Priceless.

Not certain but have done REVISED

with all funds applied and new promo

I wish I could send you my Viking agent who has done magic for me. We are o

n cruise 18 so I am a big fan!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teryle said:

Not certain but have done REVISED

with all funds applied and new promo

I wish I could send you my Viking agent who has done magic for me. We are o

n cruise 18 so I am a big fan!

We are high jacking this. Please post new promos.

Your agent won't do magic in this situation. 

Travel Lions river cruise is in 50 to 60 days (or less).

You really think Viking will allow a change this late?

Travel Lion-

Other much smarter individuals on these boards will explain that you are also protected from price increases.  I hope you enjoy your cruise.  I expect you will.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Sorry for the single picture above-wifi in the pacific is pretty crappy!   Got an email today (which is yesterday for most of you!).  Several sailings including the one above, all three spring transatlantics and the last segment on our current cruise are available on this promo.  Come join us in Singapore-will be interesting to see where we go on our way to London!

Here is a link-not sure it will work as it may be to an Australian site since we are “downunder”. 

https://data.em.viking.com/ee/v1/click?params=v1.9eCeUDYfLnYm3927cAtvVFDD3e-d1zB77Bc8v2Ud1x3WU9n28asXr69HE729e6PmpAf8K0ubKIltlLM_M_0oq4y3zECCFYMR1fLUExoSGDiyupHz7nyx6RVlh4rak05NNIl20Qv-fjSFW4EaVaR3UKrOd0r6V6bALCmccLCtklhw-GKy5f9in07uUmrDhqGT_8ykBzC0101vc22BqF4uIRoSh6oEdotTLAKihZ_-YW3WUkf93y3KZ4AMV751a4jpdbiacPaHmV-Teuv8Tjq3z2EwElzGcVHK1ZGCWa84pu9myY20RJS2YN5LaELixCdjkfzI3xx9PPLoC87i_-bTH3i5mhI_2t7FUx8IMOCYfHBEfbjFv9nIzazjjA91rxL5_MKGwbc5DtSRM7adaOUapnTQLDqBvpJdrvuX3j9l94CeZNxgyFkoayE2qHyTe7-0eUyZ4l5UBmIpsmUrAp3C9BKANneBkvxA5Q&pid=v1._NZ8D_32dYk2I0OZopNaSY9dKTGIJsxCWWcyGAHAQdjBm87PmFq-g1XtLXK83UXSV3mb_W1u6Gx0ZBXvjNlI&tuid=65bc0e2d7d21856ae0822f29&configId=2f8538b3-0a8b-4ad8-b75c-7f5d1c8367ab:PROD

We have never received email offers like this…and I know Ive signed up multiple times!

1 hour ago, Mike07 said:

They most definitely can do something. I mean, corporate could cut you a check after the cruise to refund you the fare, minus port taxes, fees and airline tickets because you email them and complain that your medium rare steak was cooked to medium.

But, not trying to hijack this thread. Rather, pointing out the absurdity.

Also, prior to the war, I remember looking up what the prices were for an Egyptian cruise with Viking and every single 2024 sailing was sold out. Now, they're pushing and dropping the prices left and right.

All I know is I put out a little over $17K for us to go on this trip and Viking is Not offering anything to us. I know the war is stopping people from going and the prices are tanking. I'm new here and just wanted to post my story and concerns hoping that someone more experienced and wiser than me could offer some suggestions. I feel like I am being taken advantage of by the Viking Corporation.

Where should this be posted? Surely someone out there can provide me with some options on this? 

Edited by Travel Lion
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Travel Lion said:

All I know is I put out a little over $17K for us to go on this trip and Viking is Not offering anything to us. I know the war is stopping people from going and the prices are tanking. I'm new here and just wanted to post my story and concerns hoping that someone more experienced and wiser than me could offer some suggestions. I feel like I am being taken advantage of by the Viking Corporation.

Where should this be posted? Surely someone out there can provide me with some options on this? 

I personally don't care if you vent. I would be as equally frustrated as you.

2 hours ago, Travel Lion said:

Try contacting tellus@vikingcruises.com.  They have sympathetic ears, and may give you some discounts towards a future cruise; and if they do, you may request the discounts be applied to your current sailing as shipboard credits (to pay for gratuities, shore excursions, silver spirits, and other onboard expenses). I hope they can do more for you, so you can enjoy your Egypt cruise without any negative thoughts hanging over your head. It would be a shame if your frustration would stop you from coming back, because Viking cruise is a good product.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dreamercruise said:

Try contacting tellus@vikingcruises.com.  They have sympathetic ears, and may give you some discounts towards a future cruise; and if they do, you may request the discounts be applied to your current sailing as shipboard credits (to pay for gratuities, shore excursions, silver spirits, and other onboard expenses). I hope they can do more for you, so you can enjoy your Egypt cruise without any negative thoughts hanging over your head. It would be a shame if your frustration would stop you from coming back, because Viking cruise is a good product.

Thank You! I will do that. The negative thoughts before we go and on our cruise is the tough one for me. I appreciate your recommendation.

Edited by Travel Lion
  • Like 2