Transfer booking from TA

Hello all and Happy 4th of July weekend!  Happy Canada Day to our friends to the north.

I don’t know if anyone can help, but how do I get a booking out of my current TA?  She is kind of not useful to us, and I would like to transfer it to the cruise line directly or another TA.  

I know some paperwork needs to be signed, I just don’t know where to begin the process.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, PrincessPatti said:

Hello all and Happy 4th of July weekend!  Happy Canada Day to our friends to the north.

I don’t know if anyone can help, but how do I get a booking out of my current TA?  She is kind of not useful to us, and I would like to transfer it to the cruise line directly or another TA.  

I know some paperwork needs to be signed, I just don’t know where to begin the process.

Thanks in advance.

Best bet is to cancel and rebook.  They don't have to release it

2 hours ago, PrincessPatti said:

Thanks in advance.

I've never taken a cruise from a TA but I know just for me to talk to Carnival about a cruise I booked through a TA, the TA had to call and give Carnival permission. I bet you have to get the TA to call Carnival and release the booking. I had a couple TAs I didn't like but what I did was just not book with them again. Your cruise probably requires a lot more maintenance than mine but I just use the TA for OBC. Once it's booked I don't need them again unless there's price drop. For me it would be much more trouble than it's worth to switch a cruise from one TA to another.

Edited by Saint Greg

24 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Best bet is to cancel and rebook.  They don't have to release it

7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You used to only have 30 days to transfer bookings. Maybe that is still the rule.

If you cancel, Carnival, as well as the TA, might assess penalties.

Cancelling may incur fees as stated plus the price may have changed. Call Carnival and explain and depending on the 30 day rule they will be very helpful. TA needs to release but they really don't want you if you are dissatisfied with them. Too much bad publicity.

Thanks all for your responses.  We went to the same branded travel agency, different location, and she said she can take over the booking and will do whatever needs to be done to make it happen.  Funny thing is, when my sister explained what was going on, the woman knew exactly who she was talking about and rolled her eyes.  She must have a reputation amongst the agency.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PrincessPatti said:

Thanks all for your responses.  We went to the same branded travel agency, different location, and she said she can take over the booking and will do whatever needs to be done to make it happen.  Funny thing is, when my sister explained what was going on, the woman knew exactly who she was talking about and rolled her eyes.  She must have a reputation amongst the agency.

I hope that works out for your sister. It's too bad that one bad apple often spoils the reputation of many.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I hope that works out for your sister. It's too bad that one bad apple often spoils the reputation of many.

I am glad that the OP saw my post and liked it. It was aimed at her.

Totally do not understand the HA HA, but I guess it comes from BlerkOne, so I will ignore it as irrelevant. 😊

• Haha 1