Navigator of the seas few questions for diamond members please

Hi all

this our second cruise post Covid, first one with Royal Caribbean so I have few questions. Just booked 4 night out of California.

1) does this ship has a diamond lounge?
2) does this ship has continental breakfast for diamond? How about happy hours? Any snack’s at happy hours. Do they still do the free 3 drinks per person per evening?
3)  what about water any free water for diamond members if not can I buy water pre cruise. We couldn’t do it in the past but we got water at happy hours and could get water with the 3 daily complimentary drinks per person per day

thank you so much in advanced. It seems that it’s been YEARS since we cruised so happy to get back

There is a Diamond lounge.  I’m sure they have snacks at night but I’m not sure if there’s a continental breakfast.  Diamond members now get 4 free drinks every day at any time.  If you drink in the lounge, it counts against your 4 free drinks.  We always get several bottles of water in the room but we’re Diamond plus.  I’m not sure how many Diamond members get. 

Just got off this cruise on June 24th and we are diamond+. I will attempt to give you my take on your questions:

• January 24, 2013
  • californi

Hi all

this our second cruise post Covid, first one with Royal Caribbean so I have few questions. Just booked 4 night out of California.

YES, on 4th deck past Boleros
2) does this ship has continental breakfast for diamond? How about happy hours? Any snack’s

at happy hours. Do they still do the free 3 drinks per person per evening?

They have breakfast in dining room and Windjammer. Did not go in the Diamond lounge so don’t know about continental breakfast but I would imagine this has not changed. Happy hour is still available but you have to use your drink perk in the lounge. Again did not go in but I am sure there are snacks. NO free drinks since you have to use your drinks on your seapass which Is diamond 4 drinks diamond+ 5 drinks.
3)  what about water any free water for diamond members if not can I buy water pre cruise. We couldn’t do it in the past but we got water at happy hours and could get water with the 3 daily complimentary drinks per person per day

We got two free waters in our cabin upon arrival, no others were free. Your drinks on your seapass are good for $13 drinks so water was never our choice.

cruising has changed but we still enjoyed our cruise - don’t miss the ice show, it was great.

• Like 1

Hi

I haven't been on Navigator OTS but according to the deck plan there is a Diamond Lounge on Deck 5 near the Star Lounge at the front of the ship.

Since RCCL restarted sailing after Covid, they have taken away what was 'Happy Hour in the Diamond Lounge, as it used to be.    Your 3 drinks are now loaded onto your sea pass card and can be used at any time during the day to get any drink you wish (whether alcoholic or not) up to a value of $13 from any bar on the ship.

Water is no longer 'free' unless you use get it as your Diamond drinks.     There are still snacks available in the Diamond Lounge all day as pre Covid, and they still serve 'hors d'oeuvres during the old 'Happy Hour' timings 

6 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Hi

I haven't been on Navigator OTS but according to the deck plan there is a Diamond Lounge on Deck 5 near the Star Lounge at the front of the ship.

Since RCCL restarted sailing after Covid, they have taken away what was 'Happy Hour in the Diamond Lounge, as it used to be.    Your 3 drinks are now loaded onto your sea pass card and can be used at any time during the day to get any drink you wish (whether alcoholic or not) up to a value of $13 from any bar on the ship.

Water is no longer 'free' unless you use get it as your Diamond drinks.     There are still snacks available in the Diamond Lounge all day as pre Covid, and they still serve 'hors d'oeuvres during the old 'Happy Hour' timings 

sorry it's now 4 drinks loaded onto your card, but it won't allow me to edit this post

Got off Navigator a few months ago.  Coffee, danish, several types of donuts, locks on toast, orange juice, tomato juice every morning. They also had some type of Mexican breakfast burrito cut into chunks.  Coffee machine was open from early morning until around 4pm. DL was for Pinnacles only every night during HH. D and D+ were given private access to the Cosmopolitan Club every night with a pretty good appetizer layout.  You need to use a voucher during the HH venue although it was hit and miss with charging against a voucher.  Some bartenders never took the voucher and some dinged us $1.28 for a $14.99 Royal Zombie at the Tiki Lounge.  Vouchers were good everywhere we went. You might be able to get a no charge water from the DL at night but we got the 12 pack water from the cruise planner, it occasionally goes on sale for $11.99 and it is now spring water in a can.  Used the vouchers several times in Playmakers along with a awesome burger and onion rings.    They have fresh pizza in Promenade cafe all day. Navigator still sparkles, happy cruising

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, britty1 said:

Just got off this cruise on June 24th and we are diamond+. I will attempt to give you my take on your questions:

• January 24, 2013
  • californi

Hi all

YES, on 4th deck past Boleros
2) does this ship has continental breakfast for diamond? How about happy hours? Any snack’s

at happy hours. Do they still do the free 3 drinks per person per evening?

They have breakfast in dining room and Windjammer. Did not go in the Diamond lounge so don’t know about continental breakfast but I would imagine this has not changed. Happy hour is still available but you have to use your drink perk in the lounge. Again did not go in but I am sure there are snacks. NO free drinks since you have to use your drinks on your seapass which Is diamond 4 drinks diamond+ 5 drinks.

We got two free waters in our cabin upon arrival, no others were free. Your drinks on your seapass are good for $13 drinks so water was never our choice.

cruising has changed but we still enjoyed our cruise - don’t miss the ice show, it was great.

I forgot to ask also do we still need Covid test? Will they accept Antigua home test? From the kit we received at home? 

5 minutes ago, esper10 said:

I forgot to ask also do we still need Covid test? Will they accept Antigua home test? From the kit we received at home? 

Yes, negative test no more than two days before boarding day. Bring a hard copy even if you download to your phone.  I would say no to the home test unless it is a proctored  test.  Best to call Royal to get a definite answer.

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Yes, negative test no more than two days before boarding day. Bring a hard copy even if you download to your phone.  I would say no to the home test unless it is a proctored  test.  Best to call Royal to get a definite answer.

RCI won't take an at home test unless it's "proctored". We have easily done the Abbott BinaxNow test from eMed several times...couldn't be easier.

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Thank you

12 hours ago, esper10 said:

Thank you

Yes proctored negative test is required to board ship. We recently used our free IHEALTH at home test and paid $20 to have it proctored thru rapid test company. Very easy and instant report .