Water and water bottles on the Denali Tour

Moondoggy51

Can anyone who has been on the Denali tour provide us with some info on water containers.  We've been told to take a container for water but exactly what to take has been a bit vague.  How many ounces should they be?  Should they be stainless or plastic? Insulated or not? Should they have a built in drinking spout or a flexible straw with a cap or just a screw on lid?  When your away from the lodge sight seeing are there facilities to refill the container with safe drinking water or do you need to take what you plan on drinking?  Any and all suggestions welcome.

1 hour ago, Moondoggy51 said:

I'm sure it's personal preference however I was looking for a recommendation on what to take from someone that has been there that could make a suggestion based on their recent visit 

Something light weight and cheap (in case you lose it). 

3 minutes ago, Moondoggy51 said:

Any recommendation on size?  I'm thinking 20 ounces.

Seems reasonable.  Basically whatever size you are comfortable carrying (full), that can easily fit into a backpack or whatever.

We just got back from this trip.  I am assuming you are referring to the Natural History or Tundra Wilderness Tour?  One thing to note, any of the Princess excursions we did we were always provided with bottled water (Tundra Wilderness Tour was in an aluminum bottle).  That said we drink quite a bit of water daily, we always took a Thermoflask with us.  It’s a 20 ounce bottle and we were just fine with it.  We would fill up at lunch, at the lodges etc before leaving or when coming back.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cali Viajera said:

We just did this trip on Tundra Wilderness tour. We were all given given a box of snacks and they provided bottles of water.

was beer available for purchase at any time during the tour? 🍻

7 hours ago, voljeep said:

was beer available for purchase at any time during the tour? 🍻

1 hour ago, Cali Viajera said:

No, and no possibility of it. They picked us up at the Denali lodge and stopped for a bathroom break at a rest stop.

Okay, no problem then.  You just need to find the exact location of the rest stop and then have Carmine go there ahead of time and stash a couple of cans behind the toilet.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Okay, no problem then.  You just need to find the exact location of the rest stop and then have Carmine go there ahead of time and stash a couple of cans behind the toilet.

I thought that was Luigi's turf!!!???

• Like 1