Color Status

kdr69

Yay, after almost 7 weeks of all Carnival ships being Orange Status ,2 of them (Conquest and Ecstasy) have finally made it back to yellow!!  Hope for the future yet lol.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Yay, after almost 7 weeks of all Carnival ships being Orange Status ,2 of them (Conquest and Ecstasy) have finally made it back to yellow!!  Hope for the future yet lol.

Not putting much faith in that...the Horizon came back on Sunday with literally half the ship catching covid. Several have said the cruise prior was infested as well. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Not putting much faith in that...the Horizon came back on Sunday with literally half the ship catching covid. Several have said the cruise prior was infested as well. 

Can you post where you read this?  That would be over 1000 guests

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Yes but what is COVID now, a cold? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

My original post was more a lighthearted poke at the Color Status.  In 7 weeks not once have the ships been green even though technically each new sailing should start out Green in reality since every passenger is tested negative to get onboard.  To me it seems to be a never ending "investigation" and when i actually saw two yellow ships my first thought was wow someone actually closed one of these "open" investigations.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, wesorbeth said:

We have only been on 7 cruises but one or both of us have ALWAYS come down with "cruise crud" either the last day or our first day home.  It's not any different than a crappy cold.

12 minutes ago, hapytobehr said:

Of Course.  Anything on Facebook is true!

Get a grip...the numbers are for real. Make light of it if you want. Typical Carnival Cheerleader.  As for your other remark, while it may not be a killer disease it once was, it still sucks getting sick. Carnival practiced zero cleaning or hand washing protocols. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Get a grip...the numbers are for real. Make light of it if you want. Typical Carnival Cheerleader.  As for your other remark, while it may not be a killer disease it once was, it still sucks getting sick. Carnival practiced zero cleaning or hand washing protocols. 

You still haven’t shown where those factual numbers came from. What cleaning and hand washing? They clean every cabin and other surfaces in spite of Covid not being transmitted from surfaces so no problem there. Hand washing is up to individuals and if YOU wash your hands and keep them away from your mouth, you’re good.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rolloman said:

This is a FACT! We were on the 6/19 sailing and half of our groups caught covid. 

1 hour ago, rolloman said:

Citation needed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2wheelin said:

You still haven’t shown where those factual numbers came from. What cleaning and hand washing? They clean every cabin and other surfaces in spite of Covid not being transmitted from surfaces so no problem there. Hand washing is up to individuals and if YOU wash your hands and keep them away from your mouth, you’re good.

It is a fact an "extraordinary" amount of folks came down with covid on the Horizon. Does that make you feel better?  I was told the ship left late on Sunday due to cleaning and a Coast Guard inspection...maybe someone currently onboard can verify. Added: As for your other comment about National News lol...nobody reports they have it to avoid quarantine. As a matter of fact, one cruiser said her husband DID go down to be tested as was told in medical "do you really want a test, because you will be quarantined if positive"

Edited by rolloman
Added info

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Perhaps not to those you infect, but more specifically, no, it most definitely isn't a cold. OR the flu.

I and my family caught Covid on a cruise a couple of weeks ago.  My wife and I are both vaxxed and double boosted and for us it was definitely worse than any cold or flu and I'm still not totally over it. 

I hear that modified boosters should be available soon which should help.  

For those who are unvaxxed it's just as bad as ever, with the saving grace being that doctors and hospitals have gotten better at treating it.

2 hours ago, rolloman said:

.... As a matter of fact, one cruiser said her husband DID go down to be tested as was told in medical "do you really want a test, because you will be quarantined if positive"

That's not surprising.

While not technically the correct way to approach it I think I'd have taken some test kits and if positive self isolate in my cabin.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rolloman said:

It is a fact an "extraordinary" amount of folks came down with covid on the Horizon. Does that make you feel better?  I was told the ship left late on Sunday due to cleaning and a Coast Guard inspection...maybe someone currently onboard can verify. Added: As for your other comment about National News lol...nobody reports they have it to avoid quarantine. As a matter of fact, one cruiser said her husband DID go down to be tested as was told in medical "do you really want a test, because you will be quarantined if positive"

Coast Guard inspections are normal and are not COVID related, ever.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Lady cruise line said:

This is a FACT! We were on the 6/19 sailing and half of our groups caught covid. 

Half your group is half the ship?

3 hours ago, rolloman said:

Extraordinary does not mean half. It could be 20 people is extraordinary to some. And apparently this was well known (if true) at disembarkation so yeah, it would have been newsworthy. And if none of those people tested, then how can they say they had Covid. People are so gullible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rolloman said:

Carnival practiced zero cleaning or hand washing protocols. 

Zero?  We’ve been on four cruises since restart and cleaning was as good as ever, maybe better.  I saw cleaning people going into public restrooms after almost each person came out.  Hand washing is a personal responsibility- amazing how many still don’t wash hands after all we’ve been through the last couple of years. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rolloman said:

I see you still haven't posted any proof of your assertion.  Therefore, I assume you won't be revealing the names of those "several" who said the same about the prior "infested"  cruise?!  LOL 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

By the proper name - COVID-19.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

By the proper name - COVID-19.

Like the other poster said its nothing more than a cold for most people. My spouse has it now.runny nose, cough, and sore throat.

• Like 3