Color Status

kdr69

54 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I'd like to see scientific proof of that - otherwise it didn't happen.

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Like the other poster said its nothing more than a cold for most people. My spouse has it now.runny nose, cough, and sore throat.

Still waiting. Anyone? Anyone?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, dandeck said:

I see you still haven't posted any proof of your assertion.  Therefore, I assume you won't be revealing the names of those "several" who said the same about the prior "infested"  cruise?!  LOL 

I will not reveal names of people...there are laws against that...but since it seems to be overly important to you, go to the June 25 Horizon Facebook page, ask to join the group and you will see at least 100 passengers admitting they are sick with verified Covid (home test or Dr visit). You and a couple others  should be ashamed of yourself for downplaying this event. There is a problem onboard right now and people who may soon board the ship need to know about it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rolloman said:

Not putting much faith in that...the Horizon came back on Sunday with literally half the ship catching covid. Several have said the cruise prior was infested as well. 

I'm not surprised. The current dominant Omicron variant is vastly different than the original version of the virus the vaccine was made for and I assume most of the world is going to catch it, regardless of vaxx status or prior infections.  The timing just happens to be bad right now for those sailing and the current variant circulating. My guess is a lot of folks will be unable to pass the pre-debark tests over the next few weeks.

My family has taken all the vaccines and boosters as soon as available for our respective age and health groups, and my husband (4 shots) just tested positive for the first time last weekend. The other 3 of us now have low grade symptoms but are not bothering to get tested because we are not that sick and we don't much want to leave the house to confirm.

We knew each of the 4 cruises we took in the last 12 months were high risk situations in spite of the many precautions, but as far as we know, we made it through them all unscathed.

We further are very grateful we evaded the first, deadly waves back a couple of years ago, and that we are no more sick now than a mild cold / flu.  

I don't mean to understate the seriousness of the situation but if we choose to vacation with crowds during a plague-like pandemic, we should all know the potential risks.

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 3

Just off Magic yesterday.  So many people on our Facebook group are reporting positive results.  Towards the end of the cruise there was a lot of sneezing and coughing going on.  Drove me nuts to see people cough into their hand, then touch something.  Used stairs 95% of the time.  No handrails. Used up a whole large bottle of purell hand sanitizer on the cruise.  Probably about 5% of passengers wore masks. (my family wore them all the time indoors, and even sometimes outdoors if in a crowd.).  As of now, no symptoms in any of us, and test day before debark and again this morning still negative.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rolloman said:

I will not reveal names of people...there are laws against that...but since it seems to be overly important to you, go to the June 25 Horizon Facebook page, ask to join the group and you will see at least 100 passengers admitting they are sick with verified Covid (home test or Dr visit). You and a couple others  should be ashamed of yourself for downplaying this event. There is a problem onboard right now and people who may soon board the ship need to know about it. 

So your assertion of half the ship testing positive means there was a passenger manifest of 200. Yes, there is covid on ships. There is covid everywhere. Some people get it—some don’t. Those are facts.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I'd like to see scientific proof of that - otherwise it didn't happen.

Thank you for finally admitting the ridiculousness of all this testing and hoopla. You don’t believe the test results of the thousands of individuals who report mild or no symptoms. I believe most of the positive results but disregard them as insignificant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rolloman said:

I am not doubting that there were cases of Covid among 4000 people that traveled to Miami to cruise on Horizon. They may contracted prior to the cruise, in port, or even after they cruised. You can't determine that the ship is THE point of infection by the evidence that you provide. 

Where you have lost your argument of your claim is by first claiming over half the ship was infected providing absolutely no proof that 2000 people contracted the virus onboard, just a claim of "trust me". Then you stated extraordinary which implies an infection rate greater than in the general population spread, again with no scientific evidence or statistics. This was followed up with a claim of 100 people on a Facebook page "reporting" they have it without knowing the travel patterns and contacts that they had or even if that was correct information because is everything we read on Facebook 100% the truth? How many cases are there in your local grocery store? How about DisneyWorld? We don't know because those aren't tracked. Throwing out wild claims without factual evidence is not the way to win an argument with intelligent people today.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, rolloman said:

LOL!  So now it's a 100?!  What happened to "half of the ship"?!  Here's an actual FACT.  Even if it was actually "a 100 people", that would be about 2% of the people on the ship.  Hardly "infested."  LOL. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, rolloman said:

Ships don't get sick. But if there is  problem on the ship, why didn't they get tested, ON the ship. Then the CDC would be notified. You can find covid just about everywhere - on land and at sea.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Zero?  We’ve been on four cruises since restart and cleaning was as good as ever, maybe better.  I saw cleaning people going into public restrooms after almost each person came out.  Hand washing is a personal responsibility- amazing how many still don’t wash hands after all we’ve been through the last couple of years. 

Not OP but I recently got off that Carnival Magic cruise and my experience was not great on Carnival's part. Hand sanitizer stations were rarely stocked. The hand washing station only worked for me once this entire cruise and I've had plenty of conversations with others about how they don't work for them as well. The tables in every venue were usually crusty, sticky, or had garbage left out. We never encountered any cleaning staff in restrooms or the buffet (only bussers taking plates, no wiping of tables). Many of this is probably due to a staffing shortage but the design of the ship also played a role. Even if hand washing and hand sanitizing stations were working, many were placed away from food and drink venues and in out-of-eye corners and nooks. People often walk through the buffet to get from midship to aft or vice versa because of the design of this ship and there was no option to hand washing upon entering the buffet (if there was it was not plainly visible).

• Like 1

Been on 3 cruises since start of year, getting ready to board our 4th.  Hubby got sick day after returning from our 2nd cruise of the year, me not at all (and I tested to be sure).  I am far more aggressive than he is when it comes to sanitizing everything and my hands all the time and not touching my face or mouth (he is a smoker and I constantly yell at him to sanitize before he puts that cigarette to his mouth).  He also has a bad habit of standing way to close to people when he chats with them!  I am a personal space kind of girl.

I also was exposed at work multiple times too (luckily didn't get it)... so you know it can come from anywhere.  Even didn't get it after being in the house with him when he did have it here 2 months ago after the cruise.

Did he get it on the ship, maybe?  Or the airport, or the hotel, or the restaurant we ate at the night before we boarded, or the uber driver.  Who knows?

Fact is, it is out there, and it is up to each person to try to be as responsible in policing their own mitigation as possible.  Covid is here to stay!  Isn't going away.  Refuse to stop living my life because of it, just taking the extra precautions to be safe.  This includes not relying on other to make sure my stuff is clean.  I sanitize my own room, I wipe off my own tables and condiments with Lysol wipes, sanitize my hands (especially if eating with fingers like bread or something like that), etc.  Can't expect that someone else is going to take care of it for me.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, dandeck said:

LOL!  So now it's a 100?!  What happened to "half of the ship"?!  Here's an actual FACT.  Even if it was actually "a 100 people", that would be about 2% of the people on the ship.  Hardly "infested."  LOL. 

Dandick...A hundred in the Facebook private group have come forward. Anyway, I am done with you. Welcome to ignore...I have been on this board dating back to when it was an AOL chatroom and I have only 4 people on ignore. Congrats

3 hours ago, biggieboy said:

Not OP but I recently got off that Carnival Magic cruise and my experience was not great on Carnival's part. Hand sanitizer stations were rarely stocked. The hand washing station only worked for me once this entire cruise and I've had plenty of conversations with others about how they don't work for them as well. The tables in every venue were usually crusty, sticky, or had garbage left out. We never encountered any cleaning staff in restrooms or the buffet (only bussers taking plates, no wiping of tables). Many of this is probably due to a staffing shortage but the design of the ship also played a role. Even if hand washing and hand sanitizing stations were working, many were placed away from food and drink venues and in out-of-eye corners and nooks. People often walk through the buffet to get from midship to aft or vice versa because of the design of this ship and there was no option to hand washing upon entering the buffet (if there was it was not plainly visible).

Well stated. This was my exact experience on Horizon as well. 

Edited by rolloman

9 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

So your assertion of half the ship testing positive means there was a passenger manifest of 200. Yes, there is covid on ships. There is covid everywhere. Some people get it—some don’t. Those are facts.

Bingo!  So, from "half the ship" to 100??!  LOL Quite the difference!!  

• Like 1

The color codes are silly. They are not accurate and are literally good for nothing. I get the OP was messing around so this isn’t directed at him.

If you get Covid on a cruise, it is 100% your fault. Not Carnival, not other passengers, not the CDC, not big pharma…..it’s all on you. If you don’t want to get Covid, stay home. That simple. 

• Like 2

This is a crazy topic IMO as I am not sure why it needs to be debated.  People can get Covid anywhere and each person can choose not to cruise if they are that concerned.  No one is forcing anyone to go on a vacation.  

• Thanks 1

It is true that no one is forced to go on a cruise. So if you are afraid of vaccines, or don't like to be slightly inconvenienced by public health measures like testing or masks, there are other options, including staying home.

On 7/6/2022 at 10:47 AM, kdr69 said:

Yay, after almost 7 weeks of all Carnival ships being Orange Status ,2 of them (Conquest and Ecstasy) have finally made it back to yellow!!  Hope for the future yet lol.

This morning 93 ships are orange and only one, MSC Divina, is yellow. 

I think we are going to have a lot of passengers failing their Covid tests and perhaps some diminished capacity sailings in the next few weeks. In fact I think almost everyone in the world will catch Covid during these same weeks, including those previously infected. 

After 4 shots, 4 successful cruises (and 2 trips to Vegas, an NFL game, a Reba concert and various other crowded activities) and 2.5 years of evading it, Kmom has finally been stricken with one of the heavily mutated omicron variants. 

16 hours ago, wemjam said:

Been on 3 cruises since start of year, getting ready to board our 4th.  Hubby got sick day after returning from our 2nd cruise of the year, me not at all (and I tested to be sure).  I am far more aggressive than he is when it comes to sanitizing everything and my hands all the time and not touching my face or mouth (he is a smoker and I constantly yell at him to sanitize before he puts that cigarette to his mouth).  He also has a bad habit of standing way to close to people when he chats with them!  I am a personal space kind of girl.

I also was exposed at work multiple times too (luckily didn't get it)... so you know it can come from anywhere.  Even didn't get it after being in the house with him when he did have it here 2 months ago after the cruise.

Did he get it on the ship, maybe?  Or the airport, or the hotel, or the restaurant we ate at the night before we boarded, or the uber driver.  Who knows?

Fact is, it is out there, and it is up to each person to try to be as responsible in policing their own mitigation as possible.  Covid is here to stay!  Isn't going away.  Refuse to stop living my life because of it, just taking the extra precautions to be safe.  This includes not relying on other to make sure my stuff is clean.  I sanitize my own room, I wipe off my own tables and condiments with Lysol wipes, sanitize my hands (especially if eating with fingers like bread or something like that), etc.  Can't expect that someone else is going to take care of it for me.

This is a fantastic take on Covid. 

Personal responsibility and reality when dealing with covid.

Not overeacting wanting to project personal phobias onto others lives, but noy dismissing covid either.

Too bad everybody can't take such a rational approach to living their life without paralyzing themselves with fear over what they can't control. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

It is true that no one is forced to go on a cruise. So if you are afraid of vaccines, or don't like to be slightly inconvenienced by public health measures like testing or masks, there are other options, including staying home.

Agree.  Anyone who doesn't agree to the approved protocols (masks optional), doesn't cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

This morning 93 ships are orange and only one, MSC Divina, is yellow. 

I think we are going to have a lot of passengers failing their Covid tests and perhaps some diminished capacity sailings in the next few weeks. In fact I think almost everyone in the world will catch Covid during these same weeks, including those previously infected. 

After 4 shots, 4 successful cruises (and 2 trips to Vegas, an NFL game, a Reba concert and various other crowded activities) and 2.5 years of evading it, Kmom has finally been stricken with one of the heavily mutated omicron variants. 

Get well soon

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hoosierpop said:

The color codes are silly. They are not accurate and are literally good for nothing. I get the OP was messing around so this isn’t directed at him.

Exactly what i was going for.

• Like 1