Avila Beach Hotel day pass

LadyBerard

We are scheduled to go to Curacao during our Summit repo cruise in Oct.  Unfortunately, Celebrity canceled the excursion which we had purchased.  So we are considering doing a day pass to Avila Beach Resort.  Cost is approximately $10 pp and includes use of two beaches, chairs, and pool.  Can't find any reviews for the day pass, but reviews for people staying there are excellent.  It is approximately a 25 min. walk from the pier and located between the pier and Mambo Beach.  My only concern would be that we would not walk it, but would want to take a taxi.  I'm just wondering if taxis would be readily available to take us back to the pier when we are ready to leave.  If you've gone here, could you please tell us your experience.  Thank you.

Suzanne

I have never been there so may be speaking up when I shouldn't, but, I have been reading lots of articles on the island and it sounds like taxis are readily available.  Since it's a beach resort, especially, I can't imagine that you would have any problem!

On 7/12/2022 at 6:10 AM, LadyBerard said:

We are scheduled to go to Curacao during our Summit repo cruise in Oct.  Unfortunately, Celebrity canceled the excursion which we had purchased.  So we are considering doing a day pass to Avila Beach Resort.  Cost is approximately $10 pp and includes use of two beaches, chairs, and pool.  Can't find any reviews for the day pass, but reviews for people staying there are excellent.  It is approximately a 25 min. walk from the pier and located between the pier and Mambo Beach.  My only concern would be that we would not walk it, but would want to take a taxi.  I'm just wondering if taxis would be readily available to take us back to the pier when we are ready to leave.  If you've gone here, could you please tell us your experience.  Thank you.

Suzanne

We are are the same cruise as you and have been looking at this resort the reviews on TA about the day pass have been good and they stated plenty of taxis maybe we will see you there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 6:10 AM, LadyBerard said:

Suzanne

On 7/20/2022 at 6:56 AM, pamkev said:

We are are the same cruise as you and have been looking at this resort the reviews on TA about the day pass have been good and they stated plenty of taxis maybe we will see you there.

Did either of you use the day pass for the Avila? If so, did you enjoy it and how was transportation to and from? TIA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are booked for Avila Beach on our January 2023 cruise.  I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.  According to my GPS the walk is 30 minutes from the pier.  The resort responded immediately,

Frankly, the $10.00 charge for the day looks to be an amazing deal.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 2:15 PM, Nashna said:

We are booked for Avila Beach on our January 2023 cruise.  I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.  According to my GPS the walk is 30 minutes from the pier.  The resort responded immediately,

Frankly, the $10.00 charge for the day looks to be an amazing deal.

We are scheduled to be here on our February cruise - please let us know how it goes.  Price is so good, just hoping it's nice.  Thank you!

1 minute ago, Nashna said:

I'll be sure to let you know.  I hope it is a great option as I now have about 14 people from my Edge cruise going to Avila when we dock.

I'll be waiting too, as I'll be there this October. Have fun, Nashna!

On 1/9/2023 at 9:16 AM, Nashna said:

I'll be sure to let you know.  I hope it is a great option as I now have about 14 people from my Edge cruise going to Avila when we dock.

Following as we are going there in April.  Thanks and enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to report that the Avila Beach Club (Pen Restaurant) is wonderful. It is a great bargain at just $10.00 per person.  We opted to walk to Avila which was a big mistake.  It took us 45 to 50 minutes. Once we got by the main tourist areas, the sidewalks were uneven and at times, we had to walk in the roads.  Save yourself the time and effort and take a taxi from the pier for just $10.00 per person.  When you need to return to the ship, just ask the desk clerk to call you a taxi.  The beach area is spotless.  It is not a surf beach.  The beach is protected by rocks.  There were plenty of chairs and umbrellas.  Bar service was available, and the staff was friendly.  Reservations are simple to make online.  Your confirmation comes from the Pen Restaurant...not Avila.  Do not come here without reservations.  As we were checking in, two different groups were turned away without reservations.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We were there 1/31/23. We also scheduled through WhatsApp. They took our email and responded back with confirmation. Nice 45 minute stroll. $10 and great location! Plenty of loungers and good snorkeling. Clean bathrooms. We were unable  to get a taxi back, they took us with their van instead!

• Like 1