Crown and Anchor WiFi discount

1 minute ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Can that be broken up into, say, 5 minutes one day and 10 minutes another day until you hit 24 hours or is it a full 1 day 24 hour period from the minute you start? 

The latter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

So, being D+, I get a full day of internet as a perk.  Can that be broken up into, say, 5 minutes one day and 10 minutes another day until you hit 24 hours or is it a full 1 day 24 hour period from the minute you start?   I usually just get the Voom Surf and Stream but I don't watch videos and the prices anymore are completely out of control. $249.52 for an 8 night cruise 😳.

D+ gets 48 hours, diamonds get24 hours. No, you can’t split it up into minutes. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

So, being D+, I get a full day of internet as a perk.  Can that be broken up into, say, 5 minutes one day and 10 minutes another day until you hit 24 hours or is it a full 1 day 24 hour period from the minute you start?   I usually just get the Voom Surf and Stream but I don't watch videos and the prices anymore are completely out of control. $249.52 for an 8 night cruise 😳.

If you are traveling as a D+ couple you both get two 24 hour passes of Surf or a discount towards a full voyage plan on board.  The clock on a 24 hour pass starts running when you "purchase" the pass using a voucher.  

Many couple take their combined four 24 hour passes and share them.  Start one of your free passes at noon so you get coverage spanning two days.  i.e. noon to midnight on day 2 and midnight to noon on day 3.  Take turns using it.  By spreading out the combined four 24 hour passes many couples get enough internet to serve their needs for the whole cruise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

That's because you're not properly logging off from the network.  Just turning off the wifi or turning off the device doesn't log you off from the network -- you have to actually go to onboardicafe.com/royal/logout.aspx in order completely disconnect and open up that allotted device's space on the network. 

We do logoff properly.

Our last b2b on Anthem Dr. Mo, his nickname, of the Voom desk split up our 2 device account so we would stop having the issue.   Then it worked great when we would individually switch devices.

2 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Is $21 a decently "low" price for surf & stream? That's the lowest I've seen it in my cruise planner so far, but I feel like I've read posts from people saying they got it for $16. How low does it go? (The price I mean).

$21 seems to be the new low for surf n stream on our future cruises.

Remember you can always book now and rebook if price lowers.

Black Friday is usually the best offers.  Last year's BF sale I think we pd $15 or $16.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tthomp06 said:

Has anyone purchase WiFi for one decvice and then turned on that devices HotSpot so your spouse's phone can connect to it? 

Most phone hotspots don't transmit a wifi signal, but rather a cell signal.  So it doesn't work the way you're intending on most phones.  

5 hours ago, tthomp06 said:

Has anyone purchase WiFi for one decvice and then turned on that devices HotSpot so your spouse's phone can connect to it? 

Technically you are not supposed to do that and you are also splitting an already crappy wifi (with further overhead losses due to hotspotting) - just be patient and use one device at a time.