DRINKS IN THE DIAMOND LOUNGE DURING HAPPY HOUR

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I thought the reason people went to the lounges was for the conversation. At least that’s what they said. Are you telling me that now since there is no more free-flowing alcohol, people are not going to the lounges. I guess the conversation doesn’t seem to be important since everyone has to pay ( use a voucher)  for alcohol. 

m

I stopped going when it was body slammed with no place to sit.  Not conducive to conversation if you have to sit on the floor.  😉 

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We are a couple of old hold outs. Ok, we'll join you on the floor. 😁 Well worth the good company and conversation with you and Bucky make the DL even better. 

Awww....thanks my friend.  So looking forward to cruising with you and your bride again someday.  🙂 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

We are a couple of old hold outs.

You're not alone. Wife and I popped in each night on Indy last July and October. It was nice to be back up in a crown after mostly nothing but Oasis class for a while. Unfortunately the snacks were awful besides the cheese and crackers.

Never did get around to checking out the DL on Wonder last week since we were in GS's but I really hope they had the same/similar snacks down there. I think I had 20 breaded shrimp in the SL one night. 🙈

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I thought the reason people went to the lounges was for the conversation. At least that’s what they said. Are you telling me that now since there is no more free-flowing alcohol, people are not going to the lounges. I guess the conversation doesn’t seem to be important since everyone has to pay ( use a voucher)  for alcohol. 

m

We sailed Ovation in Sep. and Quantum in Oct.   On both ships they had to open the back double doors into the Music Hall for the overflow each night. DL was packed like sardines from 5 - 8 pm.

6 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We sailed Ovation in Sep. and Quantum in Oct.   On both ships they had to open the back double doors into the Music Hall for the overflow each night. DL was packed like sardines from 5 - 8 pm.

That is good to hear that for those who like to hang out on the Diamond lounge.  
m

18 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

On Odyssey TA this past April, those back double doors into the Music Hall were cordoned off.  The area was designated Pinnacle Lounge from 5-8pm.  They had their own munchie section so they didn't have to mingle with the folks in the D-Lounge.  

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

On Odyssey TA this past April, those back double doors into the Music Hall were cordoned off.  The area was designated Pinnacle Lounge from 5-8pm.  They had their own munchie section so they didn't have to mingle with the folks in the D-Lounge.  

I had to chuckle. Are those D- people the same folks that can't figure out how to use the coffee machine? I mean they are almost at an F.😆

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

That was definitely the 'like minded people' explanation 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

With Pinnie heavy cruises, the so called "Pinnacle Lounge"...was simply a roped off area just outside of the DL towards the front of the Music Hall upper level near the doors.  It was pretty lame, IMHO.    

We ended up enjoying the wine bar at Giovannis as happy hour lounge of choice.  

Edited by island lady