How to get from SEA airport to Pier 91? (Carnival Splendor Alaska cruise from Seattle)

likejudo

33 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

I heard tell on another post, that the drop for Uber was, "quite a ways away" from the terminal building. Can anyone give input to that? 

We needed to take that hike three weeks ago.

The pick up  point for taxis, Lyft, Uber (I think any car service) is in the parking garage.

Once bags have been claimed, one leaves the terminal, takes a sky bridge to the parking garage (level three) and follows signs to the appropriate place.

https://www.portseattle.org/sea-tac/maps

Edited by Homosassa
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

I heard tell on another post, that the drop for Uber was, "quite a ways away" from the terminal building. Can anyone give input to that? 

This is the drop off area at the port,  terminal to the right

20210817_071043.jpg

Edited by Elaine5715
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JT1962 said:

Seattle Express - $ 20 pp one-way, $ 35 pp roundtrip if booked in advance.  If more than 2 people, Uber / Lyft / Taxi may be more cost effective. 

Thanks for this. It will be 3 of us. I went to their website and tried to book a round trip but July 26 is not "clickable" - perhaps they are fully booked 😞

57 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

The same way you get from any airport to any cruise  pier.  A taxi, lyft, Uber. Not sure what kind of answer you're expecting.  

I guess you did not read the text "Any inexpensive, hassle-free ways?"

45 minutes ago, likejudo said:

Thanks for this. It will be 3 of us. I went to their website and tried to book a round trip but July 26 is not "clickable" - perhaps they are fully booked 😞

I would send them an email or give them a call. It is possible that they are booked since that is relatively soon. But they may be able to work with you or put you on a waiting list. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

I would send them an email or give them a call. It is possible that they are booked since that is relatively soon. But they may be able to work with you or put you on a waiting list. 

I emailed them and they said they only do transfers on certain days: "Transportation from the airport only departs on Saturday and Sunday. Return transfers are days that cruise ships come back; shuttles depart every 15-20 minutes starting at 7am until 11am. The 1-way is $20 per person." 

It will be 3 of us - 2 Adults + 1 child. If their rates are typical, I don't want to spend $60+$60 = $120 round trip. I wonder how the public transport options are. Just found this now... 

https://moovitapp.com/seattle_tacoma_bellevue_wa-522/poi/Pier 91/Seatac~2FAirport Station/itinerary/en?customerId=4908&ref=1&poiType=site&abTest=Control_Banner_store_proofing_onPhone_1_poi&tll=47.628959_-122.38294&fll=47.445215_-122.296908

Edited by likejudo

Just now, likejudo said:

Does anyone know of the public transportation options to and from airport to Pier 91?

Google Maps will give you public transportation options between any two points on the globe

3 hours ago, likejudo said:

Any inexpensive, hassle-free ways?

14 minutes ago, likejudo said:

It appears there is a train

20220717-114654.jpg

⬇️ Additional information ⬇️

Six easy ways to get from the Seattle Airport to the Cruise Port located @:

https://www.cruzely.com/how-to-get-from-the-seattle-airport-to-the-cruise-port-without-a-car/

🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, likejudo said:

I emailed them and they said they only do transfers on certain days: "Transportation from the airport only departs on Saturday and Sunday. Return transfers are days that cruise ships come back; shuttles depart every 15-20 minutes starting at 7am until 11am. The 1-way is $20 per person." 

It will be 3 of us - 2 Adults + 1 child. If their rates are typical, I don't want to spend $60+$60 = $120 round trip. I wonder what the public transport options are. 

Here is a link to an article that gives you the options between SeaTac & Pier 91 and approximate cost, including public transportation: 

https://www.cruzely.com/how-to-get-from-the-seattle-airport-to-the-cruise-port-without-a-car/?amp

Pier 91 is not the easiest to get to with public transportation. It just depends on whether taking your bags with you on the light rail, then transferring to a bus, then walking from the closest stop to the pier is worth the savings to you. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Here is a link to an article that gives you the options between SeaTac & Pier 91 and approximate cost, including public transportation: 

https://www.cruzely.com/how-to-get-from-the-seattle-airport-to-the-cruise-port-without-a-car/?amp

Pier 91 is not the easiest to get to with public transportation. It just depends on whether taking your bags with you on the light rail, then transferring to a bus, then walking from the closest stop to the pier is worth the savings to you. 

thank you again for your helpful replies! 😃

I live in the Seattle area. I think it would be best to take the light rail train and then Uber/Lyft over to the pier. The walk is pretty long and not really easy to get around right now due to ongoing construction. Just follow the signs T the airport the light rail and stay on until Pioneer Square. Best of luck! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sweetnspicy said:

I live in the Seattle area. I think it would be best to take the light rail train and then Uber/Lyft over to the pier. The walk is pretty long and not really easy to get around right now due to ongoing construction. Just follow the signs T the airport the light rail and stay on until Pioneer Square. Best of luck! 

what about the poster's suggestion above who suggested transferring to route 24 or 33?

2 minutes ago, likejudo said:

thank you for your insult but for a family, $60 * 4 = $240 which is a lot. 

$120 roundtrip in Seattle, and then $120 round trip in Illinois to O'Hare.

Yes and it’s with every penny. Takes you right to the porters. 

• Like 1

@likejudo,  my friend, you have received some very good information about getting from SeaTac Airport to Pier 91, including two of us that actually live in the Seattle area, and others who have had experience cruising out of Pier 91. A little grace in accepting, or at least listening to advice that was sought out would go a long way.  That said, yes, you can certainly consider public transportation to get yourself and traveling partners to Pier 91.  The # 33 bus will get you close enough to Pier 91 (within a quarter mile).  While I would still personally suggest an Uber from SeaTac, public transportation is available. You should do what is best for you, but also accept that we all were trying to share with you our collective knowledge and experience.

Wishing you a good travel experience.

• Like 3

I live in Seattle and that routing makes virtually no sense.  Lt Rail to northgate then back downtown etc etc.  From the Magnolia bridge you would need to carry your suitcases down two flights of stairs then walk into the harbor.  Its not a really terrific idea.  You might also look at

capair.com

which is a shuttle from Seatac that goes every day.

• Like 2

Maybe take the light rail from the airport to downtown and then Uber/Lyft the rest of the way? That would cut the cost some, but pier 91 is not super pedestrian friendly in my opinion, so I would not want to take public transport the whole way. 

• Like 1

Doing a quick Google Streetview tour of the Pier area is enlightening. It looks like Uber/Lyft can drop off at the terminal, but for pickup they have to park in numbered spaces just north of the fish company building. Taxis pick up near the terminal.

• Like 1

Oh for Pete's sake.

The light rail from the airport to downtown takes 45 minutes, not counting the 15 minutes needed to walk to the light rail station from the bag claim.  There are no luggage racks or similar in the cars, so you'll have to schlep your bags and find someplace to store them en route.  The trains originate south of the airport so there may be people on board already when the train gets to the airport, so not all seats or nooks or crannies for bags will probably be available.

At the downtown end (Westlake stop most likely) you'll have to take your bags and selves to the street level and wait for an appropriately sized Uber to come for you.  (Most are Priuses or similar and will hold two persons and bags max.)  Then the ride to Pier 91 (around 3 miles) will take another 20 minutes and $20 or so, assuming "surge" pricing isn't in effect.

So the total time will be around 90 minutes and the total cost for 3 will be upwards of $35 counting the train fare and the Uber.  This is compared to around 30 minutes and $45 or $50 for a towncar, available at the airport right next to the Uber and taxi pickup zones (3rd floor of the main parking garage.)

The picture and article above are quite inaccurate.  The tram shown is the South Lake Union Streetcar, which goes nowhere near the waterfront, nor the airport.  Fares have increased, frequency reduced, and the walking routes described involve steep hills, stairways that are unfriendly to luggage, or both.

• Like 3