Embark day lunch

janroatan

Concerto Dining Room offers a full table service, Alfredo's Pizza (not to be missed, imho), International Cafe has small sandwiches as salads.

If you like the hustle and bustle of lines and crowds, the Horizon Court/Bistro buffet and the Lido deck 16 may be more to your liking.

You’ll always find me in the MDR as soon as they open, 12 noon. Love the table service & relaxing with a drink. Remember if you ask most staff they will direct you to the buffet. 

Tom

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I head to the Lido Deck and see what the Pizza of the Day is at Prego Pizzeria and the Daily Specials at the Trident Grill and decide if that is where I want to eat or not. If neither of those appeal, Alfredo's then Horizon Court.

The MDR is open from 12:00 noon to 1:30 pm on embarkation day. It is usually not crowded, since most people go to the buffet - and most staff direct you to the buffet. If you board later than 1:30 pm, you will need to choose another option.

• Like 1

I'm currently on Crown Princess.  We were very disappointed that the dining room was NOT open for lunch on embarkation day.  We were looking forward to the avocado shrimp appetizer, and we didn't get it.

29 minutes ago, Dee_Jay said:

I'm currently on Crown Princess.  We were very disappointed that the dining room was NOT open for lunch on embarkation day.  We were looking forward to the avocado shrimp appetizer, and we didn't get it.

Bummer! I always get that appetizer. And whatever the beef is and then souffle for dessert. Start the cruise off with a bang!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dee_Jay said:

It sounds like their short on crew members.

What other things will be cut back or eliminated?