Sushi/UDP on Symphony question - Anyone on Symphony currently with UDP?

I have seen questions about if the $35 still applies to sushi in Izumi and I don't think that they have been answered clearly.  When I purchased the UDP for an August cruise it stated $35 for Izumi (not hibachi, but just sushi) and now that is gone.  It just says $20 for al la carte restaurants.  Does this mean that it is now $20 for Izumi and not $35?  I was looking to see if I had a receipt from my purchase that showed $35 but I don't see anything.  If this has changed, it bothers me that they can just change things after you purchase them. Who is to say they don't change things right before you get on the ship?  If you are not paying attenting you may be getting something other than what you paid for.  At the very least, shouldn't they inform you with an email or something to let you know things have changed?

1 hour ago, jp2746 said:

At the very least, shouldn't they inform you with an email or something to let you know things have changed?

RCI won't.

Izumi is now a fixed price venue, like many of the other specialty venues, so there's no need for the $35 allowance. The $20 a la carte allowance refers to other venues, like Playmakers.

• Like 1

Okay, thank you.  It said that I got $35 at Izumi last time I checked and now that is not listed anywhere on my screen.  So you are saying that the $35 is in leiu of the fixed price $34.99 option?  That works.  Thank you!

17 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Okay, thank you.  It said that I got $35 at Izumi last time I checked and now that is not listed anywhere on my screen.  So you are saying that the $35 is in leiu of the fixed price $34.99 option?  That works.  Thank you!

Fixed price is not unlimited. Ala Carte still exists. Not sure your question is answered 🤔 

Edited by John&LaLa

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Fixed price is not unlimited. Ala Carte still exists. Not sure your question is answered 🤔 

That's what I want to know. Obviously I can get the one small, two large and a dessert but what if I'm still hungry for another roll? Does Ala Carte come in to play? I can eat a ton of sushi.

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's what I want to know. Obviously I can get the one small, two large and a dessert but what if I'm still hungry for another roll? Does Ala Carte come in to play? I can eat a ton of sushi.

If I am understanding correctly, the UDP covers the fixed rate "meal" and anything beyond that is extra?  I'm not sure. I really with RC was more clear on things.

8 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

If I am understanding correctly, the UDP covers the fixed rate "meal" and anything beyond that is extra?  I'm not sure. I really with RC was more clear on things.

All I know is I was able to the Hibachi one night for $10 surcharge and went back for sushi later that night

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I've also read that we can order pre-dinner (or whenever) sushi to-go. I wonder if that's still a thing. 

That would be great!  We could order and eat on the balcony before dinner reservations.  It would be nice if you could order other things to go from other restaurants like desserts that you liked that they do not serve anywhere else (like Wonderland).  It seems like a waste of a table if you just want something small like a sushi roll or dessert.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

If you order 1 small, 2 large and a dessert you are over the $35 so you would be paying anyway.

smalls start at $7 and go up from there, large plates start at $13 and go up and desserts are $5.  Ordering the cheapest you are at $38

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you order 1 small, 2 large and a dessert you are over the $35 so you would be paying anyway.

smalls start at $7 and go up from there, large plates start at $13 and go up and desserts are $5.  Ordering the cheapest you are at $38

There is a pre fix dinner that is $34.99 now and includes 1 small, 2 large and one dessert.  That is within the $35.

Ok let's try this idea, What if you had reservations at Izzumi at 6pm had your prefix dinner and on the way out made another reservation for a couple of hours later and had just some rolls using your UDP? Not saying I would do that but just testing a hypothetical. 

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Ok let's try this idea, What if you had reservations at Izzumi at 6pm had your prefix dinner and on the way out made another reservation for a couple of hours later and had just some rolls using your UDP? Not saying I would do that but just testing a hypothetical. 

From what I've seen Izumi pretty much gets sold out for every night, not sure how much success you would have in getting another reservation

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That should work because UDP is sold as "For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing."  l seem to recall some people saying they were able to just get extra plates in Izumi and Playmakers by having the server just close one check and open another.  

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From what I've seen Izumi pretty much gets sold out for every night, not sure how much success you would have in getting another reservation

And I would think especially on Symphony.

6 minutes ago, rudeney said:

That should work because UDP is sold as "For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing."  l seem to recall some people saying they were able to just get extra plates in Izumi and Playmakers by having the server just close one check and open another.  

I've also heard of some people trying that and it working and some others not,  that certain ships were not letting people do that. So much for term "Unlimited."

• Like 1

I am not super concerned about food, but this trip is for our son and he is all about the food.  In fact, he said that we didn't even have to go on excursions as long as we could eat all day.  lol... So he wants to have Izumi at 5:30 (be there when they open so we are served as fast as possible), prefix or maybe just a couple of quick rolls and then go to dinner at Chops, Jamies, Hooked, etc. at 6:30.  From there we go to Wonderland at 8:30 for dessert.  Somewhere in there (probably lunch) we have to fit in Playmakers since they have Poke Nachos that he wants to try.  I'm sure this will get old after a couple of nights but that is his plan.  He's a teenager so I am coming out in the positive anytime there is all you can eat food.

Edited by jp2746
I love the Tutti bar so I want to visit that on the day it is available.