Name changes on existing booking

LBJB2009

Wondering if celebrity allows name changes on a an existing booking before final payment. We booked two cabins while onboard and now the other couple we were going with doesn't feel comfortable sailing. We got a great deal and we're hoping maybe we could just change their names to another couples' names who are interested in going instead of cancelling the cruise. 

It's a non refundable rate so that's why we hoped for a name change instead of cancel as well.

Has anyone had experience with this? I tried to find info online but there was so much conflicting or dated info. 

41 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Changing out everyone in the cabin is essentially reselling the cruise, which is. It allowed.  EM

However, the OP wishes to change people and still keep their "great deal" - which is not the same as reselling it at the current rate. Wrk2cruise is correct.

I think one of the original passengers must remain on the reservation.

We recently booked to two bookings on our cruise as we were going to ask Iain's Sister and Brother In Law to join us on a cruise.    6 months later we extended the invitation and they were delighted.    One booking was Iain and I and the Second was Me and Iain's Sister.   This week I had her husband replace me on their room.   Took m agent about 10 minutes to do.

• Thanks 1

Why not first split you and your DH/DW up so that one of you are in one of each cabin (same time moving one of them to your old spot in the other cabin).  After that is fully processed then replace the name of the remaining person currently in the booking who will not be going.  This way both of you are the 1 person in the cabin not changing.  Once onboard pick a cabin to utilize with your DH/DW.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

That would result in both names on the reservation being changed.  NOT ALLOWED.   It's not that they can't be changed at the same time.   One of the original passengers must remain on the booking.

How do you know that Celebrity Reservations can follow that many iterations? It takes them an hour and a half to answer the telephone.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just answering the question.  Go ahead give it a try, don't come back here complaining that it doesn't work.

Communication should be polite and considerate, there is no need to be so stern and abrupt and use all CAPS.  This is just a conversation.

15 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

However, the OP wishes to change people and still keep their "great deal" - which is not the same as reselling it at the current rate. Wrk2cruise is correct.

You missed the point entirely.  No one is concerned about a different rate.  It’s about ‘I have this cruise booked and can’t go, pay me what I paid and go instead’.  Now, if the OP was paying for all cabins and not being reimbursed by the other couple it’s irrelevant.  EM

On 7/19/2022 at 8:43 AM, Cruisegoer said:

Why not first split you and your DH/DW up so that one of you are in one of each cabin (same time moving one of them to your old spot in the other cabin).  After that is fully processed then replace the name of the remaining person currently in the booking who will not be going.  This way both of you are the 1 person in the cabin not changing.  Once onboard pick a cabin to utilize with your DH/DW.

That is a good idea. Thank you. Just so I understand correctly....if  I changed the name to me on one booking so I'm in one room and my husband is in another.....at a later date I'd be able to change one name again on each booking to essentially swap out the one couple for another....? 

I just want to make sure I don't make a change now and then later when I try to switch names again they tell me I can't do it...

1 hour ago, LBJB2009 said:

That is a good idea. Thank you. Just so I understand correctly....if  I changed the name to me on one booking so I'm in one room and my husband is in another.....at a later date I'd be able to change one name again on each booking to essentially swap out the one couple for another....? 

I just want to make sure I don't make a change now and then later when I try to switch names again they tell me I can't do it...

Years ago there are a promotion that offered a $250 OBC to residents of Arizona.   We booked 2 cabins with friends. Ladies in one cabin and men in the other.   Simply switched once on board.

Not hard to do the same with names on a reservation; especially with 2 or more cabins.

18 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Years ago there are a promotion that offered a $250 OBC to residents of Arizona.   We booked 2 cabins with friends. Ladies in one cabin and men in the other.   Simply switched once on board.

Not hard to do the same with names on a reservation; especially with 2 or more cabins.

But in your example your didn’t have 2 passenger drop off the reservation. 

If I’m reading the OPs post correctly they Passenger A & B are booked in 1 cabin.  Friends passenger C and D are booked in another cabin and don’t want to go and want to give/ sell the cabin to another couple.

To keep the 2nd cabin either passenger C or D  ( on the original )booking must remain on the reservation.  So moving passenger A to the second cabin doesn’t help as either C or D must still remain on the booking.