VIFP level question

aaeryk

I started cruising when I met my now wife. I'm Red and about 2 sailings away from Gold. She's Gold now, she was under the impression that when we got married I would be bumped up to Gold. Is that true?

• Like 1

Nope, it's individual. Each person has their own VIFP numbers. We will all turn gold (kids included) after our next sailing (on subsequent sailing) but that's because we sail together. Other lines make it a bit easier with bonus points for onboard spend, suite bonuses and such but Carnival is only nights onboard and with large gaps after gold.  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, aaeryk said:

I started cruising when I met my now wife. I'm Red and about 2 sailings away from Gold. She's Gold now, she was under the impression that when we got married I would be bumped up to Gold. Is that true?

Why would you think marriage would do that? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Why would you think marriage would do that? 

She's been cruising longer than I have, she thought she had heard that. I was checking with a larger pool of cruisers to see if it was so. 

• Like 2

While the VIFP levels are benefits earned to you or her level not each other.  However when this said if She is platinum for an example, you can ride her tailcoat and get pricing based on her status if you travel and book the same room.  Likewise if one of you is age 55 and the other is 50.  Each in that room gets the discount.  There platinum benefits that both you can take advantage of when only one of you is that level.  Such as platinum bag tags, etc.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 6:14 PM, aaeryk said:

Carnival doesn't do that but some lines do, as strange as it may sound so I can see how she could have thought Carnival had a similar policy.  This is from Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor Society site:

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program. For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 5:38 PM, n6uqqq said:

If I  could Marry up in VIFP I would have to crank up the Seals & Croft and find a diamond girl 😉 

Stevie B is more my speed but I catch your drift. Toss on some Spring Love to up the ante. Heck, toss on Stevie B's greatest hits and you may end up with a diamond girl and a blue card when all is said and done. 😁

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Carnival doesn't do that but some lines do, as strange as it may sound so I can see how she could have thought Carnival had a similar policy.  This is from Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor Society site:

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program. For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other.

Another reason to be loyal to royal all the way!

(I kid)

On 7/18/2022 at 6:25 PM, aaeryk said:

She's been cruising longer than I have, she thought she had heard that. I was checking with a larger pool of cruisers to see if it was so. 

There was a time a long time ago when that was the case. Our daughter is emerald and close to platinum on RCl because of us. I also think when people stay in your cabin, they get some of the benefits like the cocktail party, dinner and priority debarkation when available. Things change I know but she is still emerald 

On 7/18/2022 at 7:38 PM, n6uqqq said:

If I  could Marry up in VIFP I would have to crank up the Seals & Croft and find a diamond girl 😉 

I'll be a diamond girl. Too bad on carnival it doesnt work.

On rcl if we got married you could be diamond plus. 5 free drinks a day. Lol someone started a it's not fair thread on rcl and suggested he got married. He is joking around of course. No one gets married for perks .. I dont think lol.

Rcl does it for spouses and minor children so I'm not surprised the op is asking. Easy to get lines mixed up.