Brilliance of the Seas has Disappeared from the Mediterranean from May to September in 2023.

58 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Cancel that; I found it.  I had a cancellation recently on the Serenade and although I was in a GS, the only rooms available were balconies on their rebook suggestion list.   I'm hoping they've secured a few same category rooms for those of us that are transferring over.

The numbers are way off between ships.... although Enchantment has twice as many JS as Brilliance, there are only two decks of balcony cabins on Enchantment whereas where Brilliance has 4 decks.  Also, Brilliance has almost twice as many GS as Enchantment. Things could get messy.

I haven't made up my mind yet.... our sailing isn't until October 2023 so I am looking at Explorer, Odyssey and a couple of Celebrity, MSC and Celstyal itineraries.  I also would rather not lose the $550 OBC with the current Brilliance/Enchantment sailing so it isn't an easy decision.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DCL2RCI said:

Apparently they didn't pass the memo to customer service reps, I've been on hold for 15 minutes waiting for Jean to return so she could "look into" the redeployment for 2-3 minutes.

Of course not... that would be entirely too helpful.

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

The numbers are way off between ships.... although Enchantment has twice as many JS as Brilliance, there are only two decks of balcony cabins on Enchantment whereas where Brilliance has 4 decks.  Also, Brilliance has almost twice as many GS as Enchantment. Things could get messy.

Could get "Messy", it's without a doubt it will get "Messy" To move people from Brilliance to a ship like Enchantment is a downgrade in more ways then one.

I would look for another cruise elsewhere if I was in your position.

Edited by Jimbo

10 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Of course not... that would be entirely too helpful.

Quickly finished with both refunds after she came back - apparently there were several memos that she had to read through.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Could get "Messy", it's without a doubt it will get "Messy" To move people from Brilliance to a ship like Enchantment is a downgrade in more ways then one.

I would look for another cruise elsewhere if I was in your position.

If I didn't have us booked for a suite guarantee with a decent price and substantial OBC promotion I'd definitely do it, plus we have a S2S with an MSC cruise in Athens that I'd rather not change.  Enchantment was our first cruise ever so there is some sentimentality with it.  

Going from Enchantment to Brilliance is an upgrade but I didn’t get rebooked in a similar area or even the same deck.  The agent tried to downgrade me but I caught it.  In fact, I’m not sure I’m rebooked at all.  I chose new cabins but it has to go to resolutions to get price protected.  I may not hear officially until after August 18th.  Hoping this doesn’t get screwed up but knowing Royal it probably will.  

I am not thrilled with the change to the Enchantment but there is not really a good option to change to.  I was looking forward to sailing on Brilliance, the only Radiance class we have not sail on.

I find it interesting that they have reopened the westbound TA before they have reassigned cabins from the change.  I am a little concerned about how they will transfer my B4B bookings.  I will not be happy if I do not get the same cabin for all 4.  

I'm thrilled.  We were booked on a B2B on Brilliance.  I already had all my flights booked with miles, and was thinking if dates or departure/arrival ports changed, it would cost me a lot more miles to book flights now than it did two months ago.  So same ports and dates - yippee!  This is our first trip to Europe so the ship makes no difference to me, it's all about the ports.  The only thing I need to watch for is cabin assignment, as I had the same inside cabin booked for both legs.  Hoping they'll catch that when they rebook but I'm guessing it'll involve a phone call to get that squared away.

9 hours ago, little britain said:

Can someone please remind me; when they cut EN in half and added more cabins; what additional social facilities did they add to the extra specs on decks 5/6?  Another bar? 

Added Boleros on deck 5.

Expanded photo shop on deck 6 (huge waste of space).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

I trust it is not speed but environmental regulations for both ship swaps. Enchantment and Adventure do not have Scrubbers (yet) for cleaning the exhaust fumes so they might not comply with some local regulations in e.g. Alaska, New Zealand, Norway and maybe also the Gulf region anymore. Brilliance and Voyager should have them. 

Doesn't make sense for Enchantment, because IIRC, they had to add scrubbers to Grandeur to sail out of Baltimore (Enchantment's current home port).

18 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

The Brilliance 2023 Panama Canal sailing is up.  Lots of 4B aft staterooms available.  They will go fast.

Meanwhile Enchantment's 2023 Med are all still showing only guarantees, OV and Insides.

The speed issue has to do with “IMO 2023” environmental rules for emissions which are international and not country specific although they will also have to comply with those too.  It’s quite complex with each ship having its own index numbers for various things that must be complied with.   

I phoned RCI this morning to discuss my options. Due to my husbands work commitments we can’t go on the earlier transatlantic’s and as air fare from Scotland is booked our ideal alternative was Rhapsody on the 29th or Enchantment (if it’s doing a TA as I wasn’t given the option for that ship).

There are no balconies left on Rhapsody so I was offered an ocean view gty. That was a big fat no as some of the OV cabins are only 126sq ft and no way was that a like for like as we had a balcony gty booked.

It took 55 minutes to get this far as the agent was unaware of the cancellation and had to read the memos. She was not offering any alternatives and it was me who had to make the suggestions. I asked her to check availability on Vision sailing from Ft Lauderdale to Baltimore as I knew there was balconies available on that sailing.

I’ve now booked a balcony gty on that cruise but it’s only 10 nights compared to 16 and I need to figure out how to get back to Scotland from Baltimore. Might need to do a wee road trip up the East coast.

So, in reflection am I happy with the alternative. Not really as I was so looking forward to a long 16 night TA and we’re already doing a cruise to the Caribbean in a few weeks.  On the plus side hubby retires next April to that’ll be the last holiday we will be restricted date wise. 

• Like 1

I was switched from Brilliance to Enchantment is a downgrade.  On Brilliance, I had one of the newer rooms that used to be a part of the restaurant and also had much larger windows and I don't think Enchantment has anything comparable, plus the ship isn't as nice as Brilliance, based on what I've seen and read.

Called in today and was told I'd be getting $50 OBC, which is nothing, imo.  I'll wait until the cabin assignment is finalized, but leaning towards cancelling, which is a major bummer.  My mother just died last week and her family is from Greece, so I was looking forward to visiting my roots.

Edited by Stockjock

4 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Most likely it will remain that way until they finish making the switch.

4 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Meanwhile Enchantment's 2023 Med are all still showing only guarantees, OV and Insides.

Where are you seeing Enchantment’s 2023 Med schedule.  I can’t find anything.  Thank you. 

5 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

I am not thrilled with the change to the Enchantment but there is not really a good option to change to.  I was looking forward to sailing on Brilliance, the only Radiance class we have not sail on.

I find it interesting that they have reopened the westbound TA before they have reassigned cabins from the change.  I am a little concerned about how they will transfer my B4B bookings.  I will not be happy if I do not get the same cabin for all 4.  

We have three consecutive weeks booked 9/23 and 10/23.  Today, 2 of the weeks show as canceled.  We did receive the memo that we would be on Enchantment with the same itinerary and similar cabin(s).  Not sure what is going on at this point.  Will be disappointed if this trip does not work out.  🤞

Has anyone booking been swapped over automatically to EN yet? Did you keep the same booking #? 

My planner says cancelled orange banner but I’m hoping they will just amend the booking - I have obc which I don’t want to lose! 

Edited by little britain

I was booked on Brilliance out of Athens on 24th May 2023.  Got an e mail from RC yesterday.  Brilliance will not be sailing in Europe or from Florida in 2023.  Her itineraries are being taken over by Enchantment of the Seas in Europe. They gave me the option of cancelling with refund of deposit or continue with the cruise on the replacement ship.  

Brilliance will be sailing from Vancouver, Canada from April 2023 and then from Sydney, Australia from October 2023