Shareholder Benefit Response

travellingnana

Since I started this thread, I do have to report that the Shareholder Credit worked wonderfully this time.  Got the email telling me they had received my request, and even though it could take up to 21 days for a response, I actually got another email with an updated booking confirmation showing the credit a mere 8 days later.  This was for a cruise in January.

• Like 2

I have a question for you guys.  We are considering purchasing stock for the OBC but was wondering if we both need to buy the stock and would we both get OBC OR is it OBC for one person only or OBC per cabin? (If we both have a 100 shares each would we both each get OBC?)

Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

I have a question for you guys.  We are considering purchasing stock for the OBC but was wondering if we both need to buy the stock and would we both get OBC OR is it OBC for one person only or OBC per cabin? (If we both have a 100 shares each would we both each get OBC?)

Thanks in advance!

The $250 shareholder OBC is per cabin... NOT per person. Only one of the cabin occupants is required to own the 100 shares. (It does NOT work if you each own 50 shares)

On 8/5/2022 at 9:23 PM, donswife said:

I submitted my request this evening, with date of cruise (early Sept) in subject line.  I received the auto-reply 21 day message immediately.

What e-mail address are you using?  I submitted our request to sbpcl@princesscruises.com and have not received any auto-reply.

4 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

What e-mail address are you using?  I submitted our request to sbpcl@princesscruises.com and have not received any auto-reply.

That is the one I used. The auto reply came the next minute.  Did you check your Spam foldet?

1 hour ago, teecee60 said:

The $250 shareholder OBC is per cabin... NOT per person. Only one of the cabin occupants is required to own the 100 shares. (It does NOT work if you each own 50 shares)

It's only 250 in OBC if your cruise is 14 days or more.  A basic 7 day cruise gets you 100 in OBC and a B2B would only get you 200.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

Thanks in advance!

Only the military OBC is per person.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 4:37 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

It’s easy to see this credit. All of your OBC is listed on the travel summary. In one place all together. Now if they would indicate refundable vs non refundable I’d be super happy. 

I submitted a shareholders request through email July 25th and received it today 10 days later. I ccd my CVP but I have no idea if that helped or not. 

That's very interesting. We have four trips currently booked, and on none of the Travel Summaries is the OBC shown, only Beverage Packages, Wifi etc. under "Special Services".  The Shareholder OBC, or OBC from our TA, is NOT shown on any of our Travel Summaries and is only shown on the Payments tab in the Personalizer.

Princess customer service is pitiful. We sent in request back in June and got the auto reply. Got a second copied email from Carnival to Princess..stating Princess should apply credit. Still no credit. On line with help..and am told we need to send in info..they never got. This is such BS. I am just so fed up with Princess and their complete lack of customer service. Argggg.

On 8/6/2022 at 9:48 PM, Desert Cruisers said:

I have only received the auto reply one time. It doesn't always send. 

1 hour ago, MarcsSharon said:

Princess customer service is pitiful. We sent in request back in June and got the auto reply. Got a second copied email from Carnival to Princess..stating Princess should apply credit. Still no credit. On line with help..and am told we need to send in info..they never got. This is such BS. I am just so fed up with Princess and their complete lack of customer service. Argggg.

I had totally opposite.    
used chat and was super easy.

I booked my cruise 2 weeks before sailing. And had my OBC in 5 days.   

sometimes it’s hard to see the OBC on the site. But it was there.   
chat is the best and easiest way to check.  
super smooth and easy.   

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cali-croozer said:

Do you wait until you've made final payment to request this? First timer here. 

You can request it at anytime. I do it early to have OBC available to use when booking excursions.  In my experience, whenever i have my TA do a refare for a lower price,  the shareholder OBC always drops off the bookings. I call princess to have them add it back to the bookings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

You can request it at anytime. I do it early to have OBC available to use when booking excursions.  In my experience, whenever i have my TA do a refare for a lower price,  the shareholder OBC always drops off the bookings. I call princess to have them add it back to the bookings. 

Seems that doubles the work for the PCL Shareholder dept. They are backlogged now.
 I’ve been waiting now till final payment, which is 90-120 days before anyway.  Plenty of time to book excursions. JMHO

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cali-croozer said:

Do you wait until you've made final payment to request this? First timer here. 

I wait until after final payment, just in case I need to cancel the cruise. I don’t want to make extra work for an already overworked department. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I submitted my request last Tuesday. I got the canned response back immediately. As of today, still no sign of the OBC. I’m not particularly worried as I still have 4 weeks till my sailing date and I’m only on day 7 of the 21 day timer.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Seems that doubles the work for the PCL Shareholder dept. They are backlogged now.
 I’ve been waiting now till final payment, which is 90-120 days before anyway.  Plenty of time to book excursions. JMHO

Princess changed the submission time to allow  using the OBC for  booking excursions.  At least its only a phone call to get it back

24 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Princess changed the submission time to allow  using the OBC for  booking excursions.  At least its only a phone call to get it back

Or save the call and use the chat feature.    It works great.    

2 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

I had totally opposite.    
used chat and was super easy.

I booked my cruise 2 weeks before sailing. And had my OBC in 5 days.   

sometimes it’s hard to see the OBC on the site. But it was there.   
chat is the best and easiest way to check.  
super smooth and easy.   

Used chat, who told us to send in documents…for 3rd time. I guess you just have to be lucky. Never had this issue with my stockholder benefit before. Sadly, Princess just ain’t what she used to be.

7 minutes ago, MarcsSharon said:

Used chat, who told us to send in documents…for 3rd time. I guess you just have to be lucky. Never had this issue with my stockholder benefit before. Sadly, Princess just ain’t what she used to be.

Sounds like it.    

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

Anyone have the fax # for sbpcl?

Why?    Just email it’s better to use.  And then email again.  
sbpcl@princesscruises.com

Edited by Ptroxx