Shareholder Benefit Response

travellingnana

40 minutes ago, YWW said:

I submitted my Shareholder request 3 weeks ago by FAX and nothing. I called Princess customer service this morning and she came back after checking with that department that there's no record of my FAX so she advised me to re-send my request by e-mail instead. She said that department has been totally swamped with Shareholder requests and due to severe lack of personnel the processing time is now MINIMUM 3 to 4 weeks. She also said in the future it's best to submit such request by e-mail so we get an instant confirmation of receiving our e-mail. Customer rep apologized for the delay and shortage of personnel is apparently happening in all Princess departments. I guess this is the new norm.

They are incorrect.  Not the new norm

I submitted mine last weekend the 17th and had it by the following Thursday the 21st. I cruise in 5 days.   
Use the chat feature after a day or so of emailing them.     

Edited by Ptroxx

55 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

They are incorrect.  Not the new norm

I submitted mine last weekend the 17th and had it by the following Thursday the 21st. I cruise in 5 days.   
Use the chat feature after a day or so of emailing them.     

Wow, you must be extremely lucky. We are going with 5 other couples. They all submitted by fax or email same day as we did and NONE have received the shareholders credit. They also called Princess customers service and received similar responses that the shareholders credit processing department is totally backed up. I also used the chat feature before calling Princess and the rep didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YWW said:

Wow, you must be extremely lucky. We are going with 5 other couples. They all submitted by fax or email same day as we did and NONE have received the shareholders credit. They also called Princess customers service and received similar responses that the shareholders credit processing department is totally backed up. I also used the chat feature before calling Princess and the rep didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

That’s a bummer.  Keep emailing     Keep chatting I’ve chatted with 3 different people and they all were able to help.   All in the same day. 
I took a screen shot of one of my conversations.  

confirm your using the correct email

sbpcl@princesscruises.com

you should get a bounce back email from them 

80AFFFC1-BD90-4BEB-9BFB-134627D5CFF5.png

Edited by Ptroxx

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 1:53 PM, Ptroxx said:

That’s a bummer.  Keep emailing     Keep chatting I’ve chatted with 3 different people and they all were able to help.   All in the same day. 
I took a screen shot of one of my conversations.  

confirm your using the correct email

sbpcl@princesscruises.com

you should get a bounce back email from them 

80AFFFC1-BD90-4BEB-9BFB-134627D5CFF5.png

Ptroxx, just to let you know I followed your advice and chatted with an agent for 75 minutes and he was able to get the department in charge of processing Stockholder credit request to work our request immediately. He said that department is running very behind and currently about 4 weeks late. The other couples travelling with us never got theirs either so they used the Chat service and got theirs this morning. Before I used the Chat service, I called Princess customer service by phone to enquire status and the rep wasn't able to help. Another confusion is Princess tends to "hide" this shipboard credit. It's very difficult to find since it is not listed under "Future Cruise Credit" nor under "Shipboard Credit" headings. It's tucked away under the "Payment" tab for each cruise booking and all the way to the bottom. Chat agent can't understand why the shipboard credit is listed under "Payment". Regardless the credit is now in our account. What a process! Thanks for your help again.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, YWW said:

It's tucked away under the "Payment" tab for each cruise booking and all the way to the bottom.

That has been the case, however I have not seen ours for our cruise next month even though I submitted it several times. The last time was in early July. I called Princess and was assured that it has been applied. I asked why it wasn't showing on the personalizer and she said we are having some issues updating things. That was last week and still not showing there. 

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have had to "resend" 3 times now for different cruises.  I've been lucky in that the 2nd attempt *usually* gets the job done. I've never had to call.

Seems all the resending would just increase their workload?  Unless they just ignore the first request?  It should go into a queue where they work it my travel date. Then when they’re ready, they work each month. Wonder what kind of system they have?  🤔

18 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Seems all the resending would just increase their workload?  Unless they just ignore the first request?  It should go into a queue where they work it my travel date. Then when they’re ready, they work each month. Wonder what kind of system they have?  🤔

I agree about "adding to the backlog"...but when your cruise is 1 week away and you started the process a month prior then I really don't feel too sorry for them.

• Like 1

I requested shareholder benefit in May for two December cruises.   I was politely told by E-Mail to wait until 31st July.

I waited patiently as requested until last night.  On the 03rd August I applied again,  within minutes I had received the automated reply stating high levels of demands etc.

but within 3 hours I had received another E-Mail stating it had been applied! 
I did log in to to check it was real before ticking off my things to do list.

Just need to patiently wait until December for the cruise now.

2 hours ago, YWW said:

Another confusion is Princess tends to "hide" this shipboard credit. It's very difficult to find since it is not listed under "Future Cruise Credit" nor under "Shipboard Credit" headings. It's tucked away under the "Payment" tab for each cruise booking and all the way to the bottom.

It’s easy to see this credit. All of your OBC is listed on the travel summary. In one place all together. Now if they would indicate refundable vs non refundable I’d be super happy. 

I submitted a shareholders request through email July 25th and received it today 10 days later. I ccd my CVP but I have no idea if that helped or not. 

On 7/21/2022 at 8:49 AM, Billish said:

What is this strange device you talk of ?😃

It's the thing that we were really happy to see when it came along and replaced the telex. Anybody remember the telex? 🤣

I emailed my request on July 20th and received the credit on 8/1. I believe priority processing is given to those that submit within a couple of weeks of their cruise.  

I wonder how much time is wasted by processing requests for people that cancel their cruises before final payment. I try and do my part by not submitting a request until after I have paid for the cruise. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, partybarbie said:

I emailed my request on July 20th and received the credit on 8/1. I believe priority processing is given to those that submit within a couple of weeks of their cruise.  

I wonder how much time is wasted by processing requests for people that cancel their cruises before final payment. I try and do my part by not submitting a request until after I have paid for the cruise. 

Good point about not requesting prior to final. I never thought about it before.

It may be that with the stock being so low for such a long time there are more stockholder requests than they anticipated or geared up for. I know my DH just bought his 300 shares so he could get his OBC for his Sept solo cabin sailing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

It’s easy to see this credit. All of your OBC is listed on the travel summary. In one place all together. Now if they would indicate refundable vs non refundable I’d be super happy. 

Check  one of your Upcoming Cruises on the Princess website.  Go to the  Payment section and you can see all the OBC for that cruise.  Your unrefundable OBC will have an "*" beside it.  No "*" and it is refundable.  Our refundable OBC is usually only Military OBC.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:49 AM, Billish said:

What is this strange device you talk of ?😃

On their father's side of the family their cousin is a cassette tape and their aunt is an eight track tape. On their mother's side of the family, their cousin is a typewriter and their aunt is a mimeograph.

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

In general, if it comes from Princess or Carnival Corporation, it's non refundable.  If it comes from your travel agent, it's refundable.

Here is how ours has always been coded for refundable and non refundable.  Military is only refundable while your FCD, Stock and Travel Agent is non refundable.  The "*" designated non refundable.

image.thumb.png.b3b86596bbaf0970177f5e7608db945c.png

• Like 2

On 7/25/2022 at 2:03 PM, YWW said:

She also said in the future it's best to submit such request by e-mail so we get an instant confirmation of receiving our e-mail.

I have never received a confirmation of receiving an E-mail request for stockholder OBC. Not instant. Not long term.

7 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Good point about not requesting prior to final. I never thought about it before.

It may be that with the stock being so low for such a long time there are more stockholder requests than they anticipated or geared up for. I know my DH just bought his 300 shares so he could get his OBC for his Sept solo cabin sailing.

Why 300, or is your DH expecting an increase in the share price ?

11 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Check  one of your Upcoming Cruises on the Princess website.  Go to the  Payment section and you can see all the OBC for that cruise.  Your unrefundable OBC will have an "*" beside it.  No "*" and it is refundable.  Our refundable OBC is usually only Military OBC.

Why thank you so much!  I always look at the travel summary. 

4 hours ago, Billish said:

Why 300, or is your DH expecting an increase in the share price ?

Lord only knows. I didn’t ask. Most likely correlated to some loose change he had in an account. 

• Like 1

I requested shareholder OBC this morning and received it this afternoon.  It was through the UK office for a trip in November from Fort Lauderdale trip.  Based on comments here I was shocked it was same day service!

• Like 1

Recently did an 18 night Panama Canal cruise on Caribbean Princess. I submitted the shareholder request by email on a Friday... boarded on Monday...shareholder OBC, military OBC, and agent OBC were all there. 😁

Why am I a fan of Princess? In my ten cruises, they have given me FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS in OBC. 😉

We have another $500 coming in October on the Diamond.😀

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, teecee60 said:

Recently did an 18 night Panama Canal cruise on Caribbean Princess. I submitted the shareholder request by email on a Friday... boarded on Monday...shareholder OBC, military OBC, and agent OBC were all there. 😁

Why am I a fan of Princess? In my ten cruises, they have given me FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS in OBC. 😉

We have another $500 coming in October on the Diamond.😀

Same here. Shareholder, military, sometimes TA. The shareholder alone paid for our stock and we bought it in the $30 range in 2013.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, masterty said:

Downside to drop and go two weeks before sailing is not getting your shareholder credit. I emailed immediately but boarded before received. Princess is still a great value. 

I don't know if you put "Urgent! Cruise is in two weeks" in your subject line.  I booked a cruise last minute and that seemed to work.  It's worth a try for your next cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1