D+ Coupon book? (Still a thing?)

Howdy!

Been out of the game for about 4 years now after 12 years of cruising. I vaguely remember a coupon book that would be in your stateroom. Does Royal still do this? If so, what is in it now? (pics?)

I have read up on the daily drink we should receive which sounds like a nice new perk (new to us at least). Can you get the blended drinks with those?

Anyways glad to be back and although it's only (I know) a 7 day cruise, I'm glad we're heading back to cruising.

Cheers!

1 minute ago, shand32783 said:

Does Royal still do this?

It's a letter waiting for you in the cabin outlining all the benefits on your Seapass card - no physical vouchers. You can get any drink you want.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, billslowsky said:

But you have to tell them you are using the benefit or you may get charged full price.

I found this to be true too. I bought multiple logo items in the shops but never remember to ask for my logo discount. .. have to ask. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuitesRbest said:

No Concierge club? that is not good.

not sure what you are looking for. The diamond ambassador has always been able to take care of any requests. Loyalty ambassador on every ship. What are you looking for having done?

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

not sure what you are looking for. The diamond ambassador has always been able to take care of any requests. Loyalty ambassador on every ship. What are you looking for having done?

The ambiance when using the CL. 

Edited by SuitesRbest

2 minutes ago, SuitesRbest said:

The ambiance when using the CL. 

Ok I think now it's just for pinnacles and suites.

I'm very happy just having a diamond lounge i dont get on other lines. But that's me. I really enjoyed on grandeur especially early mornings early risers all chatting over the specialty coffee, maybe I'm easy to please. ..I may never hit pinnacle. 

• Like 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

Ok I think now it's just for pinnacles and suites.

I'm very happy just having a diamond lounge i dont get on other lines. But that's me. I really enjoyed on grandeur especially early mornings early risers all chatting over the specialty coffee, maybe I'm easy to please. ..I may never hit pinnacle. 

Yes, you are correct. Like myself I never cruise other lines and also believe we will never hit the big "P".

Either way we are also happy using the DC.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, artvlay said:

Someone asked me if fresh squeezed orange juice can be used as one of the five drinks.  I don't know the answer. 

yes absolutely. I do it all the time. A couple of times I've gotten 2 glasses I love it so much. Such a treat imo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ret MP said:

D Coupons gone like E Tickets at Disney!

😊

The tickets were more than E tickets.  Based on type of rides and the "E" was the ultimate.  Used the E many times for "Pirates of the Caribbean".  My favorite.

51 minutes ago, nelblu said:

The tickets were more than E tickets.  Based on type of rides and the "E" was the ultimate.  Used the E many times for "Pirates of the Caribbean".  My favorite.

Yes, that's why the comparison.  D (actually D+) coupons and E Tickets were at the top of the line for their intended use.  E Tickets were for the top tier rides, like you said, "Pirates of the Caribbean".  Or, Space Mountain.  My favorite (back in the day of E Tickets and being a lot younger).  

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

I might be dumb, but how were they “more” than e tickets? They got you on an e ticket ride....what else did they do?