Help with a booking that didn't receive the proper price drop

brookmill18

I have never booked with Celebrity and am trying to help someone with their first Celebrity booking and hoping someone here might have some advice and insight:

I am helping someone who had a solo booking on 3B2B sailings on the Edge out of Rome this fall. In mid July, there was a sale on the 2nd occupant, so a friend decided to join her. She is saying she called 3 days prior to the end of the sale to add the friend to the booking and get the price reduction for the 2nd occupant. According to what she is remembering, the agent on the phone said that nothing could be done with the first sailing because final payment was made, but the 2nd and 3rd sailings would receive the 60% off. This is where the story becomes confusing to me, but she is saying that the agent provided detailed amounts of the new fares with the reduction (which she has in her notes) but that a new invoice would not be issued for 10 days because it needed to go to a different department.

She called last night because she had not yet received the invoice, and spent several hours on the phone with different agents to learn that the sale price was never actually applied to the booking and they are saying they cannot honor the price reduction now because the sale is over. They have a record of the date she called to get the reduced 2nd occupant sale price, so can see the phone call was made within the sale dates, but are saying there is nothing they can do about the agent's mistake in not changing the price correctly. She said they offered an upgraded room, a specialty dinner, and several times apologized saying the agent would need updated training but that there was nothing they could do. 

Is there an email for someone in corporate that she could potentially appeal to? Any advice would be welcome.

52 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

She said they offered an upgraded room, a specialty dinner, and several times apologized saying the agent would need updated training but that there was nothing they could do. 

Get them to over ride the price or offer onboard credit for the difference.  A specialty dinner or upgraded cabin doesn’t cut it. Many times an upgrade isn't actually one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

I have never booked with Celebrity and am trying to help someone with their first Celebrity booking and hoping someone here might have some advice and insight:

I am helping someone who had a solo booking on 3B2B sailings on the Edge out of Rome this fall. In mid July, there was a sale on the 2nd occupant, so a friend decided to join her. She is saying she called 3 days prior to the end of the sale to add the friend to the booking and get the price reduction for the 2nd occupant. According to what she is remembering, the agent on the phone said that nothing could be done with the first sailing because final payment was made, but the 2nd and 3rd sailings would receive the 60% off. This is where the story becomes confusing to me, but she is saying that the agent provided detailed amounts of the new fares with the reduction (which she has in her notes) but that a new invoice would not be issued for 10 days because it needed to go to a different department.

She called last night because she had not yet received the invoice, and spent several hours on the phone with different agents to learn that the sale price was never actually applied to the booking and they are saying they cannot honor the price reduction now because the sale is over. They have a record of the date she called to get the reduced 2nd occupant sale price, so can see the phone call was made within the sale dates, but are saying there is nothing they can do about the agent's mistake in not changing the price correctly. She said they offered an upgraded room, a specialty dinner, and several times apologized saying the agent would need updated training but that there was nothing they could do. 

Is there an email for someone in corporate that she could potentially appeal to? Any advice would be welcome.

Talk about being between the proverbial rock and a hard place!  This is why, when I make my booking, I always call initially once I have the mock booking made, review on the phone with the CSR and have them send me the email confirmation while still live with him/her, never had a problem doing it this way.  I then (now) transfer the booking to a TA who would handle anything odd like this for me.  Clearly your mom can't do that now, but I'd still try to go up the ladder here, especially since they have the dates she called.  Just because she has it in her notes (I do the same thing whenever I would call) this does not mean it is confirmed with Celebrity.  I would still try to move this up, perhaps you could send an email and/or call for her, having all the details in front of you.  Short of them still doing nothing, there is an email address for Lisa Lutoff Perlo, the CEO and several others here in this link.  Good luck I hope this all gets resolved satisfactorily!

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/celebrity-cruises/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If you get the runaround make sure you ask to be forwarded to the resolutions department.   You have the date and time of the call so they should be able to listen to the phone conversation as well.

Also if the sailings were made before March 31, 2022 and assuming the first one departs before Sept 30 they are eligible for Cruise with Confidence and any difference of fare on the first sailing (after final payment) should be given in OBC.

This is going to be a mess to straighten out.   Situations like this is where a good TA can be a blessing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did they add the 2nd person to the cabins? That would have caused a repricing at that time. The "60% Off" sales are not always as good a price as people expect. How much is the difference?

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would recommend calling Engagement Center (previously call ed Resolution Department).   They have the ability to help out.    Call early for shortest wait times.

Haven't located a phone number - perhaps someone else will provide a phone contact since you are not a regular Celebrity customer.

Maybe these will help:

CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

Jennifer Morales - Director  JenniferMorales@celebrity.com

Good luck in getting this resolved.

1 minute ago, MarKay525 said:

Haven't located a phone number - perhaps someone else will provide a phone contact since you are not a regular Celebrity customer.

Maybe these will help:

CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

Jennifer Morales - Director  JenniferMorales@celebrity.com

Good luck in getting this resolved.

I think the service some of these Celebrity agents give is just awful. I only call if desperate and even then have to place multiple calls to get someone knowledgeable. 

• Thanks 1

Sending an email to the engagement center is worthless so I wouldn’t go that route. I have sent numerous emails with no response. One took a few months and the cruise was over by the time they responded to me and other emails I have sent still haven’t been answered months later. Calling would probably be the best bet. You could also send a message to Celebrity via Twitter. They might answer quicker and give you a better idea of who to call. Good luck!

check to see if two SINGLES may be less .... there are many sailings that offer single cabins without paying 100% more to occupy a cabin alone      I just booked a single cabin for a gentlemen joining us and he got a very advantageous rate and didn't have to pay a single supplement as usual!

16 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Sending an email to the engagement center is worthless so I wouldn’t go that route. I have sent numerous emails with no response. One took a few months and the cruise was over by the time they responded to me and other emails I have sent still haven’t been answered months later. Calling would probably be the best bet. You could also send a message to Celebrity via Twitter. They might answer quicker and give you a better idea of who to call. Good luck!

Since the OP is not a regular Celebrity cruiser, I was attempting to give her some useful information. People keep telling her to call the Engagement Center, but no one is providing a phone number!

Sorry your experience with the Engagement Center was so unsatisfying.

28 minutes ago, MarKay525 said:

Since the OP is not a regular Celebrity cruiser, I was attempting to give her some useful information. People keep telling her to call the Engagement Center, but no one is providing a phone number!

Sorry your experience with the Engagement Center was so unsatisfying.

Wow! I was not even replying to you! I had no idea that she had no phone number. Sorry that  I tried giving her some information that might not work out. 

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

Disagree.  Jennifer responds to her emails.  The poster suggested sending directly to her.  I have gotten a response every time within 72 hours.

And yes, my message is clear, concise and just the facts.

OP here--THANK YOU so much for all of the advice--I really appreciate all of the feedback.

So after finally getting the PDFs from when the 2nd person was added, and going over and over the conversations, I think this was a massive misunderstanding--definitely on the part of the 2 cruisers in understanding the breakdowns and how sales are split within a room, and potentially of the Celebrity agent doing the booking. A 30% of each occupant was applied to one of the cruises when the 2nd person was added, and the other cruise that was outside of final payment was a very low price originally (creating a new booking today on it is much more expensive) and may well have never been eligible at the same lower price.

I may still call for them because the first cruise that unfortunately is inside final payment has gone down in price significantly so I may see if they will give any OBC or anything for that, but at the end of the day unfortunately I think the people cruising didn't understand how these sales work and how the savings are distributed between guests.

Thank you again!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, brookmill18 said:

I may still call for them because the first cruise that unfortunately is inside final payment has gone down in price significantly so I may see if they will give any OBC or anything for that

It's best if before calling you know what you are entitled to. 

Cruise With Confidence applies to bookings made on or before March 31, 2022 for sailings up to September 30, 2022. Bookings made after March 31, 2022, will be covered with our existing Best Price Guarantee policy.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

If your booking and sailing dates qualify for Cruise With Confidence then any price difference after final payment is given as OBC.   Unfortunately if your dates don't qualify for CwC there will be no adjustment as the Best Price Guarantee won't apply either.

You can find the booking date in the upper right corner of the pdf Guest Invoice.

On 7/23/2022 at 3:29 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Disagree.  Jennifer responds to her emails.  The poster suggested sending directly to her.  I have gotten a response every time within 72 hours.

And yes, my message is clear, concise and just the facts.

I said nothing about Jennifer. I said the Engagement Center

• Like 1