Azamazing Evening

Robb

Does Azamara still have the Azamazing Evenings?   if so, what might they have for an Aegean/Adriatic cruise this coming October ?  We have enjoyed them so much in the past.  ASlso, love the White Nights. 

Thanks so much...😍

• Thanks 1

Yes, they are having Azamazing evenings again.  If you log into your account, you should be able to find your event in the shore excursions.  You can book it through your account as well.

• Like 1

At present the AzAmazing Evenings are replaced by Destination Celebrations which are held onboard with two shows to allow early/late diners flexibility (and to fit everybody into the Cabaret Lounge).  I believe that the full-on AzAmazing Evenings will resume in November – just too late for you (and me).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Robb said:

Does Azamara still have the Azamazing Evenings?   if so, what might they have for an Aegean/Adriatic cruise this coming October ?  We have enjoyed them so much in the past.  ASlso, love the White Nights. 

Thanks so much...😍

Hi Robb,

I have had a look at a few of those cruises :

Journey on 6 October has two "Sounds of the Mediterranean" listed for Dubrovnik at 1830 and 2030hrs.

Pursuit on 10 October has the same at the same port, so looks like on board still.

Cruises on 1 October and 7 October do not have any free excursions listed at this point in time.

Trish

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

At present the AzAmazing Evenings are replaced by Destination Celebrations which are held onboard with two shows to allow early/late diners flexibility (and to fit everybody into the Cabaret Lounge).  I believe that the full-on AzAmazing Evenings will resume in November – just too late for you (and me).

I’m sure you’re right. Our Oct 29 cruise on Quest has an Azamazing Evening in Aqaba in November. It’s a concert at a hotel.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

We seem to have one in our Intensive Italy cruise in October. It doesn't look very amazing to me. Just some singers. I've booked in for the later show but am not sure we'll actually go.

I am also on this cruise and cannot see any destination celebration listed for this cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laganlady02 said:

I am also on this cruise and cannot see any destination celebration listed for this cruise.

Is this the October 10 Cruise on Onward? If so your Destination Celebration Event is shown in the Shore Excursions brochure as being in Florence on 18 October. It’s called Enchanting Tuscany & is described  as follows “ Celebrate your arrival to Florence with the best of Italian opera - a performance by Incanto Quartet accompanied by a pianist.“

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Is this the October 10 Cruise on Onward? If so your Destination Celebration Event is shown in the Shore Excursions brochure as being in Florence on 18 October. It’s called Enchanting Tuscany & is described  as follows “ Celebrate your arrival to Florence with the best of Italian opera - a performance by Incanto Quartet accompanied by a pianist.“

In Livorno presumably.  Florence is an hour and a half inland.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:01 PM, Broadwayfamily said:

We are doing an Iceland cruise in Aug 2022 and the Azamazing evening will be on board for only an hour in 2 one hour events.

Can you please provide more info. Didn’t see any info on the Amazing eve. Thanks 

For the record:  two cruises in OCtober with Destination Celebrations....

ONWARD 10 Oct from Ravenna... Destination Celebation is in Livorno the first night ( 18 Oct):  "Celebrate your arrival to Florence with the best of Italian opera - a performance by Incanto Quartet accompanied by a pianist. Grab a drink and mingle with guests during the cocktail time, then take your seat and hear the sounds of four sopranos that combine their classical training and pop-crossover evolution to create beautiful music. Delight in the precious synthesis of traditional Neapolitan and Italian songs and modern and contemporary pieces in a natural acoustic, free from any electronic processing."

And on the next cruise, Isalnds of the Med, Falmenco Fusion in Palma on OCt 26:  Descriptoin vague at this time:  "Soak up traditional and contemporary culture with an exclusive night filled with music, dance, and more. This private, bespoke Destination Celebration event delivers authentic travel moments that bring you closer to your destination, its culture and its people. We’re busy developing a unique experience for your voyage which will be available soon."

On our back to back in April we had two Destination Celebrations onboard.  The Sopranos in Livorno and Belle Incanto in Sorrento.  Both excellent.  However these evenings do not compare with the off ship Azamazing events we have enjoyed previously.

We are just back from a Scenic River Cruise on the Rhone where we had a really splendid Dinner and Concert in the Great Hall of the Palais des Papes in Avignon plus a Choral Concert in a lovely church in Lyon.  These on shore events are wonderful because they are experiences that we will always remember and would never have been able to arrange ourselves.

We have been on many Azamazing evenings and remember them all as stand out events on our cruises.  We are back onboard next June and really hope that Azamara are working towards reinstating these excellent evenings.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

They certainly don't sound very 'Amazing' to us!

I have been to a number of Azamazing Evenings from when they first started. Admittedly some were more Azamazing than others, but I enjoyed them all. A fun night out with something a little different.  It's a pity that the pandemic happened, but it did and affected events like this. 

I think expectations need to be pegged back a little, recognising the effects of Covid that continues to affect us all. Both on the ship and off it. Go with the right attitude and see what they are like. Azamara do try the best they can. At the end of the day nobody is forcing anyone to go. 

Phil 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1