Azamazing Evening

Robb

1 hour ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

They certainly don't sound very 'Amazing' to us!

It’s hard to predict just by the description. We always go, and some of the ones that sounded the most boring were the best ones!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

They certainly don't sound very 'Amazing' to us!

Would be interested to know what you might consider a worthwhile event?

My most memorable were: Sunset over Ephesus, with music, wrestling, drinks and laughs: a private event at Musée Jacques Cousteau Monaco with lights, music, dancers, stilt walkers plus all the exhibits, and a rather risqué evening of Burlesque in Cannes.

Can't wait to be delighted again.

• Like 4

Not all Azamazing evenings off ship have been great. I’ve been to some Destination Celebrations onboard in the last year that were far better than events offship I’d previously attended. 

Phil was right, manage your expectations but start positively if you possibly can. And if you feel it’s not for you don’t go rather than sit and be miserable. 

We’ve got one onboard in two days. I’m not sure about it but I’m going with a very open mind. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Our Destination Celebrations were good but just not as 'special' as the ones on shore.  Would be interested in those that you particularly enjoyed.

I particularly enjoyed the flamenco dancers in Barcelona. Also although I was not there, knowing how good the Red Hot Chilli Pipers are I’m not surprised they were a huge hit in Edinburgh last week. The budget went on the act and did not have to cover the venue hire and transportation as well 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

The best one we’ve been to was in Bangkok - taken to the ‘Ancient City’ (park with third size replicas of major Bangkok sites), then little train to middle of the park, nibbles, drinks, then show including 2 sorts of traditional dancing plus a kick boxing display by local teenagers, then fireworks. Finished off being given a floating candle/lamp we were invited to float off down the stream. It was magical.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

The best one we’ve been to was in Bangkok - taken to the ‘Ancient City’ (park with third size replicas of major Bangkok sites), then little train to middle of the park, nibbles, drinks, then show including 2 sorts of traditional dancing plus a kick boxing display by local teenagers, then fireworks. Finished off being given a floating candle/lamp we were invited to float off down the stream. It was magical.

Same here....it was magical!

• Like 2

OTOH we were glad that our AzAmazing Evening in Panama City became a Destination Celebration.  It’s a tender port, then a bus ride, then outside with heat and humidity. Thankfully thunderstorms put the kibosh on the out door part, so they brought the same entertainers onboard in the air-conditioned show lounge. Same show, better environment!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Our show in Myanmar was similar.  Very colorful, set in a park with Schwedagon temple glowing at night.  No floating candles though.

11 hours ago, uktog said:

I particularly enjoyed the flamenco dancers in Barcelona. Also although I was not there, knowing how good the Red Hot Chilli Pipers are I’m not surprised they were a huge hit in Edinburgh last week. The budget went on the act and did not have to cover the venue hire and transportation as well 

These were all on ship in answer to Mrs Miggins question. There were others onshore I also loved but those in South America no I did not and the 2.5 hours each way in traffic each way at Myanmar was too much. We did not get back until 1am and had an early tour next day
Last night the captain confirmed they are aiming to bring back some off ship evenings by the end of the year. The issue is many venues/ports are still concerned at letting 700 people come ashore to one place for fear of a covid spread. You just have to respect the wishes of these communities 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, uktog said:

These were all on ship in answer to Mrs Miggins question. There were others onshore I also loved but those in South America no I did not and the 2.5 hours each way in traffic each way at Myanmar was too much. We did not get back until 1am and had an early tour next day
Last night the captain confirmed they are aiming to bring back some off ship evenings by the end of the year. The issue is many venues/ports are still concerned at letting 700 people come ashore to one place for fear of a covid spread. You just have to respect the wishes of these communities 

Yes, ours in November in Aqaba is off the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 12:36 AM, luv2travel90266 said:

Can you please provide more info. Didn’t see any info on the Amazing eve. Thanks 

It is on the Azamara website.  you need to reserve your time on-board activities I think it was listed under.  Just said it was live entertainment, not  much information.

• Thanks 1

Attended the Destination Celebration event in Marseille during last weeks French Intensive voyage.

It was completely nuts. We only planned to stay for a few minutes but stayed for the entire performance. Outstanding singing and dancing. Loved it.

If we'd been bussed to a location to watch the show our view might have been different but as an onboard event is was excellent. The performer singing along to the hand cranked musical box was hugely entertaining.

The fan dancing striptease artiste could have done with removing more of her kit than she actually did but it's Azamara.

The show had a very French feel which was what it was supposed to have.

• Like 1

An easy way to find out if an Azamazing Evening has been added to your cruise, just go to your account and view the shore excursions.  Click "VIEW ALL SHORE EXCURSIONS" or "ALL."  Then there is a drop down tab to sort the results.  Click "PRICE: LOW TO HIGH."  (It defaults to "FEATURED.") 

The Azamazing Evening will be the first result as the price is $0.  You may need to scroll down the page, but look for this:

image.png.fe3ff9b4b78d7092dfd2aba442700fc7.png

Edited by Twiga
  • Thanks 2

We just made reservations yesterday for an October 2023 Spanish Intensive cruise on the Quest.  So browsing through the shore excursions, it has our Azamazing Evening listed!  Hemisperic and it’s Surroundings.   In Valencia.  It sounds great and similar to Cirque de Soleil maybe.   Has anyone been to this event?  We are very excited about trying Azamara.  The decision was between Celebrity Infinity and Quest.  Elite level on Celebrity, but all of the positive comments here moved the needle to Quest.   

11 minutes ago, KY Deb said:

We just made reservations yesterday for an October 2023 Spanish Intensive cruise on the Quest.  So browsing through the shore excursions, it has our Azamazing Evening listed!  Hemisperic and it’s Surroundings.   In Valencia.  It sounds great and similar to Cirque de Soleil maybe.   Has anyone been to this event?  We are very excited about trying Azamara.  The decision was between Celebrity Infinity and Quest.  Elite level on Celebrity, but all of the positive comments here moved the needle to Quest.   

Yes it is a very good evening. Welcome drinks and great entertainment in a very unique setting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KY Deb said:

I did this in 2019; yes, it was a bit like Cirque in a space at the Arts & Sciences Complex.  As combine mentioned the welcome drinks were tasty too.  A lovely evening. I am hoping my upcoming trip will have the same event as we stop in Valencia (and so far no info on the Azamazing evening).

Edited by mchell810
  • Like 3

On 8/11/2022 at 3:44 AM, KY Deb said:

I am amazed that the October 23 Spain Intensive destination evening has been decided and published but not the November 2022.  We are sailing on the Pursuit on 19th November Spain Intensive and yet we have nothing to guide us yet.  Why would that be ? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Robb said:

Still no Azamazing Night listed for the October 1, 2022 Onward cruise.  😎

It may be that you’re having a Destination Immersion event instead. Those can be very good! We just had one on the Pursuit Iceland cruise, and really enjoyed it. It wasn’t announced before the cruise started. I think it can be difficult to get the Azamazing Evenings in place again after being stopped for a long period, as performers and venues get booked up many months in advance. With a bit of luck things will become more normal as time goes on.

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

It may be that you’re having a Destination Immersion event instead. Those can be very good! We just had one on the Pursuit Iceland cruise, and really enjoyed it. It wasn’t announced before the cruise started. I think it can be difficult to get the Azamazing Evenings in place again after being stopped for a long period, as performers and venues get booked up many months in advance. With a bit of luck things will become more normal as time goes on.

The cruise following that one has the destination immersion event bookable in the excursions. I’m predicting there will be an Azamazing Evening in Koper when all four Azamara ships are present, and the Onward leaves at 11pm.

• Like 1