Princess Plus Drinks Pkg

daydreamer16

We just applied a FCC from cancelled South Pacific cruise to Discovery 12/22. Just wondering about the drink pkg for Princess Plus? Our last Princess cruise was September 2019, so in terms of where the world is now, it's a long time ago 😃 Can my husband get a decent glass of Scotch & can we get a decent glass of wine at dinner with this plan? Also, the little bottles of Korbel, I really need those to be on this pkg! Thanks for your help!

9 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

We just applied a FCC from cancelled South Pacific cruise to Discovery 12/22. Just wondering about the drink pkg for Princess Plus? Our last Princess cruise was September 2019, so in terms of where the world is now, it's a long time ago 😃 Can my husband get a decent glass of Scotch & can we get a decent glass of wine at dinner with this plan? Also, the little bottles of Korbel, I really need those to be on this pkg! Thanks for your help!

Haven’t seen the e small bottles of Korbel since the restart. In fact no decent champagne on the plus package only Prosecco. Tons of decent hard liquors available 

The Plus wines are now generic wines (Prosecco, Pinot Grigio, Cabernet, Merlot, etc.) which gives Princess the ability to switch out whatever they have on hand.  So they may be good or they may not be to your liking.  Wines were the biggest hit on the Plus Package when they introduced the new Premier Drink package.  I didn't see any small bottles of Korbel on either of our Princess cruises this year.

I am not a Scotch drinker but I didn't see as many changes to the hard liquor lists when the new package went into effect.

You still do pay just the difference plus 18% gratuity on that difference when you order a glass that is above the price limit for Plus.  So a $13 glass of wine on Princess Plus will only cost you $1.18.  

• Like 2

The 12 year old Talisker single malt scotch is excellent and under the $12 limit on Princess Plus. Unfortunately it never seems to be available at every bar. The spendy 25 year Talisker is sometimes available, but it is too rich for my wallet.

Cruise happy/Drink happy.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

Is there a list anywhere as to which brands are included in each drinks package? I know that Celebrity has this. 

Not that I've found on Princess website - but this site lists prices and if it's $12 or under it's included in Plus - with anything over $12 - the difference plus tip.  Gives one an idea, anyway

https://profcruise.com/princess-bar-and-drink-menus-2022/

Edited by Loveh2ofl
wrong link
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

Is there a list anywhere as to which brands are included in each drinks package? I know that Celebrity has this. 

There's also a previous thread on this - prices may have already gone up with introduction of premier but check out the thread and links in it.   

• Thanks 1

The main takeaway from the Plus vs Premier changes are that they took an axe to the wine offerings. The $12 didn’t change, but the overall optics of the implementation are terrible for those at the plus level. It would be nice to know vintages, vineyards, and geography of what is being requested when it comes to wine, so it looks classless and trashy to present a wine list like this, but that’s just me. This is from Discovery last week:
B4423D64-7208-4EC1-BC6A-2525257D4784.thumb.jpeg.0b9c4859ecf774fc34b8ee25081ff3b3.jpeg

Edited by AllAboardatSea
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

Not that I've found on Princess website - but this site lists prices and if it's $12 or under it's included in Plus - with anything over $12 - the difference plus tip.  Gives one an idea, anyway

https://profcruise.com/princess-bar-and-drink-menus-2022/

These menu prices are no longer accurate as this is from before the price changes that happened in late June.

7 hours ago, AllAboardatSea said:

The main takeaway from the Plus vs Premier changes are that they took an axe to the wine offerings. The $12 didn’t change, but the overall optics of the implementation are terrible for those at the plus level. It would be nice to know vintages, vineyards, and geography of what is being requested when it comes to wine, so it looks classless and trashy to present a wine list like this, but that’s just me. This is from Discovery last week:
B4423D64-7208-4EC1-BC6A-2525257D4784.thumb.jpeg.0b9c4859ecf774fc34b8ee25081ff3b3.jpeg

Nope, not just you ;o)  It's a very poor way of showing the offerings under the Plus plan. Question: On the right edge of your photo is what looks like a larger and more comprehensive wine list, which I assume is from the CG?  Did that list also show wines by the glass or were they full bottles only? IOW are there any other wines by the glass, regardless of cost, than what you show on the right side of the photo? I'm trying to decide whether upgrading to the Premier package makes sense for us, and there are only 3 named whites shown on your photo under the Premier plan, and 3 "anonymous" whites under the basic plan. If there were a lot more in that "full" wine list beside it, it might be worth us upgrading. Thanks for the photo, very helpful.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AllAboardatSea said:

fferings. The $12 didn’t change, but the overall optics of the implementation are terrible for those at the plus level. It would be nice to know vintages, vineyards, and geography of what is being requested when it comes to wine, so it looks classless and trashy to present a wine list like this, but that’s just me.

You are not alone. Thank you for posting. 

• Like 1

We were on the Discovery Princess next week and saw that the brands of wine by the glass were shown in the online dining room menu and for some of the bar menus too.

Edited by azbirdmom

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

We were on the Discovery Princess next week and saw that the brands of wine by the glass were shown in the online dining room menu and for some of the bar menus too.

Psychic?

11 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Nope, not just you ;o)  It's a very poor way of showing the offerings under the Plus plan. Question: On the right edge of your photo is what looks like a larger and more comprehensive wine list, which I assume is from the CG?  Did that list also show wines by the glass or were they full bottles only? IOW are there any other wines by the glass, regardless of cost, than what you show on the right side of the photo? I'm trying to decide whether upgrading to the Premier package makes sense for us, and there are only 3 named whites shown on your photo under the Premier plan, and 3 "anonymous" whites under the basic plan. If there were a lot more in that "full" wine list beside it, it might be worth us upgrading. Thanks for the photo, very helpful.

Right, so the physical wine lists look similar regardless of restaurant or dining room. The wines by the glass listed is all there is in this new format, it’s just broken down by package (the ‘other’ by the glass list are those too expensive to fall into a package, yikes). The rest is bottles. I appreciate not having to scour the different varietals page by page to find by the glass options, but the presentation for plus vs premier is very poor without details for the plus level.

Edited by AllAboardatSea
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

There's also a previous thread on this - prices may have already gone up with introduction of premier but check out the thread and links in it.   

It doesn't appear to have gone up in price on the wines.  If it did it was not noticeable to me.  I did purchase one glass of wine that was over the $12 limit and they just added the $2 + tip to my bill.

On 7/26/2022 at 2:35 PM, AllAboardatSea said:

I agree with you, that looks just terrible. Like being at a cheap restaurant where the only choice is "house wine". 

I'll probably order from the Premier list and pay the difference.

3 hours ago, leck57 said:

I agree with you, that looks just terrible. Like being at a cheap restaurant where the only choice is "house wine". 

I'll probably order from the Premier list and pay the difference.

In the various post I noticed that the bin number is on the left of the 'plus' offerings.  At the start of my next cruise I'll look at the full wine list and look up the 'plus' bin numbers so I'll know vineyard/country of origin for my favorite varietals, especially if my waiter can't tell me.

10 hours ago, suzyed said:

It doesn't appear to have gone up in price on the wines.  If it did it was not noticeable to me.  I did purchase one glass of wine that was over the $12 limit and they just added the $2 + tip to my bill.

Bella Glos in January was an upcharge of $3 per glass now it is almost $6 and we were told by the person at Vines all of the wines took a jump at the beginning of July with the Premier program.  There are still decent wines included on Plus

2 minutes ago, socmft said:

The Plus vs Premium packages seem to primarily affect the wine selections.  Am I correct to see (hope) that cocktails, for the  most part, are unaffected?

We can only hope!

On 7/25/2022 at 1:40 PM, Bwana Tom said:

The 12 year old Talisker single malt scotch is excellent and under the $12 limit on Princess Plus. Unfortunately it never seems to be available at every bar. The spendy 25 year Talisker is sometimes available, but it is too rich for my wallet.

Cruise happy/Drink happy.  

I haven't seen the 12 year old Talisker. The 10 year old is what I have seen when cruising.