Speciality Dining - What is Open Now?

Orianababes

Just out of interest who as been on a cruise in the last fortnight or is on a cruise who can actually tell the facts about what is or isn’t open, rather than people guessing what might or might not be open.

• Like 1

Just now, Bazrat said:

Just out of interest who as been on a cruise in the last fortnight or is on a cruise who can actually tell the facts about what is or isn’t open, rather than people guessing what might or might not be open.

There have been plenty of these recently if you read back and I am sure more people will post when they can 

Just now, galeforce9 said:

There have been plenty of these recently if you read back and I am sure more people will post when they can 

I have but the speculation about what is or isn’t open is just like I say speculation, it is obviously a hot topic so I would prefer up to date information, rather than someone’s email explaining the problems faced than extrapolating that the venues might or might not be open, yes some people find that type of information interesting.

1 hour ago, arlowood said:

Yep - we've just had the "softening up" email from P&O ahead of our J216 cruise on Arcadia departing 30th August.

First there is the paragraph about "supply chain challenges" and "global staff shortages" 

This is then followed by a paragraph stating that "Current opening days and times in our speciality restaurants may be affected as well as service in some bars etc etc......"

My heart sank when I saw it as I had hoped that at least Sindhu would be open but I have a dreaded premonition that I could be disappointed.

Other posters recently seemed to suggest that Sindhu was up and running on Arcadia but from the email received that situation may have changed.

I guess the situation may change week by week...

We came off Iona last Saturday, Epicurean was closed as was the Glasshouse for food. If you wanted any speciality restaurants book when you board.  Nothing left after day 2. 

We ate in the Olive Grove on the first night and wasn’t impressed so much so we cancelled our booking for Thursday night. We were on Iona for the maiden cruise and ate in the Olive Grove 4 times, I took photos of the food on the maiden and comparing them from last week there’s no comparison. 

We thought the food in Pearl where we ate was very good if you chose well.  The only one we didn’t enjoy was the ribeye steak too tough .  We also ate in the Keel and Cow , don’t know why people rave over it thought it was expensive for what you got.  I had the pork belly which came with 2 small roast potatoes and a wedge of griddled iceberg lettuce! 

We were a family party of 8 and never had to wait for a table, the waiters as always were fantastic.  One waiter was a magician doing magic once a night we tried to get a table most nights there. 

We all agreed what a wonderful time we had onboard and will be booking Arvia when she joins the P&O fleet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

We came off Iona last Saturday, Epicurean was closed as was the Glasshouse for food. If you wanted any speciality restaurants book when you board.  Nothing left after day 2. 

We ate in the Olive Grove on the first night and wasn’t impressed so much so we cancelled our booking for Thursday night. We were on Iona for the maiden cruise and ate in the Olive Grove 4 times, I took photos of the food on the maiden and comparing them from last week there’s no comparison. 

We thought the food in Pearl where we ate was very good if you chose well.  The only one we didn’t enjoy was the ribeye steak too tough .  We also ate in the Keel and Cow , don’t know why people rave over it thought it was expensive for what you got.  I had the pork belly which came with 2 small roast potatoes and a wedge of griddled iceberg lettuce! 

We were a family party of 8 and never had to wait for a table, the waiters as always were fantastic.  One waiter was a magician doing magic once a night we tried to get a table most nights there. 

We all agreed what a wonderful time we had onboard and will be booking Arvia when she joins the P&O fleet. 

Interesting comments regarding the Olive Grove , we tried repeatedly to get in and failed every time , would have liked to have tried it as it appeared very popular,     too popular as it turned out😒

35 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

On Arcadia, Sindhu open but Ocean Grill closed.

Hi there

Thanks for the update. Has Sindhu been open every night of your cruise or is it only on selected nights. Any info on ease of booking or is it difficult to get a table.

Reason for my question is that our J216 cruise is only for 7 nights and we have a chunk of OBC to get rid of over that short period. 

My idea was to eat as several times at Sindhu as a means of reducing the size of our OBC credit

2 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Got off Arcadia today. Sindhi open every night. Full crew complement so probably due to supply problems, or maybe training up new crew members. 

I have heard the dining rooms have changed for Freedom and Club dining. Can you confirm?

We sail on Aurora next week and there are no advance dining options bookable (including gift packages where this may be included). 

We got a message warning about two weeks before sailing.

I read one message on this thread suggesting that Aurora's Sindhu and Beach House were available and that was our experience earlier this year when her staffing was lower.  Fingers crossed as we enjoy both.

However, it does appear that matters are not consistently coming back to normal by the end of August as initially forecast - annoying app and virtual pagers still being pushed although we just largely ignored them on our last cruise.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 10:02 AM, thornegirl said:

These were my thoughts about the Olive Grove as well. Disappointing and didn’t want to go back even if it was available. Keel &Cow we enjoyed but portions were massive and really shouldn’t have had a desert. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

We sail on Aurora next week and there are no advance dining options bookable (including gift packages where this may be included). 

I read one message on this thread suggesting that Aurora's Sindhu and Beach House were available and that was our experience earlier this year when her staffing was lower.  Fingers crossed as we enjoy both.

However, it does appear that matters are not consistently coming back to normal by the end of August as initially forecast - annoying app and virtual pagers still being pushed although we just largely ignored them on our last cruise.

Would very much appreciate your updates once on board please 

7 hours ago, Col1nUK said:

These were my thoughts about the Olive Grove as well. Disappointing and didn’t want to go back even if it was available. Keel &Cow we enjoyed but portions were massive and really shouldn’t have had a desert. 

Maybe we had a lucky escape with the Olive Grove after reading your post😄

On 8/19/2022 at 10:40 PM, No pager thank you said:

Yes we came back off Aurora two weeks ago and all dining options were  available.  However we too had the e-mail prior to sailing and nothing was bookable in advance - it just said book on-board so hopefully it will be the same situation for you.  I guess they are covering their backs as the situation may vary from ship to ship or even on the same ship from week to week.  Hope you have a good trip and everything is open. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2