Royal Covid Video Covid Test

Hello CC.  We are sailing on August 7th and we are trying to get our Covid tests lined up.  We are looking at doing RCCLs At Home Test Kit.  We need to order it right away and are concerned about if we will be able to get online with a "Certified Guide" to get our test completed or if there will be some sort of backup causing us to not be able to complete the test.  Has anyone done the test this way and what was your experience getting online with the testing guide.

1 minute ago, SellN4U said:

We need to order it right away and are concerned about if we will be able to get online with a "Certified Guide" to get our test completed or if there will be some sort of backup causing us to not be able to complete the test.

Unlike some others who worry about this, you shouldn't - we have no reports of any issues using the eMed tests.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

Mama, What actual test kit does eMed let you use for their at home testing?  Do they have to supply it or can we use one of the ones we already have?  Thanks.

The ones we have had proctored by them are the ones we order directly from their website (see pic). 

They dont proctor just any home test, they actually scan the QR code that is on the sealed test they send out.

20220727_183115.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Unlike some others who worry about this, you shouldn't - we have no reports of any issues using the eMed tests.

Not to worry anyone but my friend and I both had a huge issue with eMed last December.  Their website was not working and they were not returning calls.  We were told that it was due to an IOS update but it didn’t matter what device you were using, it would not work. We were both told that someone would call us back.  They finally did contact me… 3 days after I had returned home from my cruise.  They never contacted my friend. We had to rush and find a place to be tested.  It cost my friend around $100 to get tested and it cost me $130.  Always have a backup plan.

I was worried but I did try eMed for my March B2B and it went really well.  I’m thinking of ordering more tests from them for future cruises but I am wondering if they will drop pre-cruise testing. It would be a bummer to spend that money on tests and not need them. 

We have used the Emed proctored home test five times now with zero issues…..

We always do ours very early in the morning and have never waited more than 1 min for a proctor…

We will continue to use this method as long as pre-testing is required…

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SellN4U said:

Hello CC.  We are sailing on August 7th and we are trying to get our Covid tests lined up.  We are looking at doing RCCLs At Home Test Kit.  We need to order it right away and are concerned about if we will be able to get online with a "Certified Guide" to get our test completed or if there will be some sort of backup causing us to not be able to complete the test.  Has anyone done the test this way and what was your experience getting online with the testing guide.

We have successfully done eMed on 6 cruises (number 7 coming up next week). We have never waited more than a couple of seconds to get connected to a proctor. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

We used emed tests a few times, but after the second nonworking test we changed teams. We also always have a backup plan or two. 

Loved eMed when it worked, but I've also had a couple of tests that the proctor declared nonworking.  He gave me a 'Case#' to submit for a replacement. I contacted them, and have never heard another word from them.  $70 down the drain. Thank you @brillohead for your post! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

There are other companies, too, that will let you use your freebie (government-supplied) home test while they watch you on video.  Just google "at home covid test for travel" and you'll find companies.

Thank you for this.  Just found On Point testing and oh my is it cheaper!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cgags47 said:

Thank you for this.  Just found On Point testing and oh my is it cheaper!

Keep in mind that from what I have read on other posts, it is hard to get a hold of anyone if you have a problem.  Cheaper isn’t always better.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Biker19 said:

My only issue was that the first time I tried to use it the proctor refused my because my ID had a suffix at the end and my profile didn’t, but I just restarted it after they hung up and got a different person and had no issue

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 12:06 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Royal Caribbean has announced that for cruises that are five nights or less if you are fully vaccinated you do not need to test.  

14A2042A-B94E-447F-9308-60FF615012FE.png

This is ridiculous. If you're going to forgo testing for some, forgo testing for all.

2 hours ago, SellN4U said:

This is ridiculous. If you're going to forgo testing for some, forgo testing for all.

My guess is that on the shorter cruises the passengers will have disembarked prior to any serious illness setting in. I’m not sure of any other reason. How about you?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

My guess is that on the shorter cruises the passengers will have disembarked prior to any serious illness setting in. I’m not sure of any other reason. How about you?

That has been my thought.  I'm hopeful that it will stop completely in a few months.

12 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

That has been my thought.  I'm hopeful that it will stop completely in a few months.

I’m torn.  I like how the testing prevents people coming onboard that are positive at the time of testing.  I also understand that someone can be positive but have negative test results.  

20 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

And, what if they board at the beginning of the illness? Day 2 they're full blown sick.  Still makes no sense.  I'm so over this Covid garbage. When I got it I had a minor sinus headache for a few hours and that was it. The worst thing was losing my taste and smell for 3 months.