Insulated cups with alcohol in them

lucylou67

1 hour ago, lucylou67 said:

Can you walk around on your Carnival Cruise, with your insulated cup, with your alcoholic drink you made from your stateroom?

Can you? Probably, if you don't mind breaking the rules.

Please review alcohol policy

alert_iconRestrictions
  • In accordance with applicable laws, Carnival requires that a purchaser of alcoholic products must be at least 21 years of age.
  • Please acknowledge and confirm by checking the box below that you are at least 21 years old.
  • If you are not 21 years of age, please click "Cancel" below and remove all alcoholic products from your shopping cart before completing your order.
  • Alcohol orders are not permitted to be taken to any location outside of the approved delivery locations specified for those products at checkout.
  • This program is designed for in-cabin entertaining or in-dining consumption only.
  • Consumption in public areas is strictly prohibited.
  • Like 1

I doubt there is a single person that cares about that stupid rule. You can order a drink at any bar on the ship and walk anywhere with it but you can't walk outside your cabin with the same drink because you poured it while over paying for bottle delivery to your cabin .... That would stop no one and I doubt it has in history.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Triumph about ten years ago and became friends with a large group of people who I had never met before. There was a young couple in that group that were pouring their own drinks on the Lido from a nondescript container. They were of age to drink but the crew stopped them and searched their room and found booze and other things that they smuggled aboard. Reportedly, their sail and sign cards were taken away from them for the rest of the cruise as a punishment. I'm not sure if there were extenuating circumstances involved that I was not aware of, because again, I didn't really know these people. However, I've heard you are not technically allowed to bring your own alcohol outside of your cabin.

4 minutes ago, Prismism said:

They were of age to drink but the crew stopped them and searched their room and found booze and other things that they smuggled aboard. R

It's in the contract

(c) Guest agrees Carnival has, at all times with or without notice, the right to enter and search Guest’s stateroom, personal safe or storage spaces, or to search or screen any Guest, and/or personal effects, at any location, to ensure compliance with any of the restrictions set forth in this agreement. Any Guest who refuses any such search or screening may be denied boarding or disembarked and no refund of the cruise fare will be issued.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

It's in the contract

(c) Guest agrees Carnival has, at all times with or without notice, the right to enter and search Guest’s stateroom, personal safe or storage spaces, or to search or screen any Guest, and/or personal effects, at any location, to ensure compliance with any of the restrictions set forth in this agreement. Any Guest who refuses any such search or screening may be denied boarding or disembarked and no refund of the cruise fare will be issued.

Point was they got caught for smuggling which became obvious because they were pouring drinks on Lido. Not because they were drinking outside their cabin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, scpirate said:

Yes because no one ever saw a drunk Carnival cruiser before. My wife tried that back in the rum runner days.

So you're saying if you're carrying a personal Tumbler or insulated cup with a mixed drink in it you're automatically drunk and stand out? Not following ......... Lots of people carry insulated cup/mugs/hydoflasks on board. I'm not suggesting people smuggle alcohol on board. I'm referring to purchased alcohol from the fun shops precruise for stateroom delivery. OP doesn't say which approach. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Of course.   The only time you might be challenged is if you are returning to port with an alcoholic beverage.  I’ve seen it allowed and disallowed, just depends on the ship and security personnel.

On our recent cruise on the Breeze, folks were made to pour their drinks out before leaving the ship, too. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

On our recent cruise on the Breeze, folks were made to pour their drinks out before leaving the ship, too. 

Yes you're not supposed to take anything that's unsealed onshore. Nor bring anything that's unsealed back onshore.

• Thanks 1

That’s been true for quite some time.  I assumed this thread, based upon the OPs question,  was about carrying drinks about onboard.  But it’s good to know about offboarding of beverages.  I’ve only noticed it with food items, which usually fill several trash bins,.   Thank you for that insight.

We use the Carnival tumblers we picked up a few cruises ago.  We mix our wine/sprite or just pour wine and wander about no issues.  Even brought the into the main dining room a couple of times.

• Like 3

Ok, so I feel like the answer is a multi layer of possible answers here. Can you walk around with the tumbler with alcohol in it? Yes. No one is going to know if it’s water or vodka. But if you make a dang fool of yourself and it’s alcohol from your cabin that you smuggled in, they can search you and find it and punish you for it by banning you or arresting you to your room etc. 

I also probably would refrain from making drinks outside of my cabin from smuggled alcohol unless you want to be caught. Someone is always watching…  

But if the OP is just asking can you, as in are you allowed to carry around an open container or do you have to be in the bar, yes you can carry around an open container. 

• Like 1

"Policy" may be that you aren't supposed to leave your dining or drink area with the drink.  But in 23 years of cruising I have never seen anyone that works onboard bat an eye at people walking around carrying a drink in the open - even when it is clearly an alcoholic beverage, let alone just an insulated cup they have no idea what is in it.  All one has to do is sit on the Promenade and people watch for any length of time and you will see all kinds of people walking around carrying their drinks.

NOW, I will say smuggling booze on to then try to drink onboard is a BIG no no and that will get you busted!  Seen that happen myself.  People were pouring the little airplane size bottles into their drink and got caught and were then "talked to" by some officer and they all walked off together.  Or getting out of control because you are drinking too much, seen that one dealt with a couple times too.

When there is a bar on the ship practically like every 100 feet you are never far from one even walking around lol!  Plus you may be going back to your room, going from the bar to the restaurant for dinner, going from the bar to the show lounge, going from the bar to the pool deck, going from the bar to the comedy club... who knows?  See what I mean?🤣

So after thinking about this there are a few answers. If the tumbler has the wine you brought onboard, then no issue. I am not sure about carnival, but on royal you can purchase alcohol before your cruise for in your room (not from the onboard store) then that would also be fine. After trying the mix your own drink…. Done that and I was not for us.  I never wanted to leave the pool deck just to make a drink. We just save up for the drink package now, I am on vacation, I don’t want to be bar tender also!

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 3:18 PM, lucylou67 said:

Can you walk around on your Carnival Cruise, with your insulated cup, with your alcoholic drink you made from your stateroom?

I would like to see any crew member wanting to sniff your insulated container. What a question.

• Haha 1