Change to Best Price Guarantee Program

jcpc

Hi,

I'm not sure if everyone is aware of the change to the Best Price Guarantee program effective April 1st so I thought I would pass it along.  

June 30 2022:  I booked an Aqua Class cabin for September 10 2022 sailing (made final payment at that time)

July 26 2022:  I upgraded the Aqua Class cabin to a Sky Suite and paid the price difference

July 27 2022:  Sky Suite decreased in price

I submitted a "Best Price Guarantee" form to get a non-refundable OBC for the price difference and received the following reply:

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your interest in the Best Price Guarantee. We are unable to fulfill your request because your reservation is more than 48 hours old. As of 4/1/22 all bookings made after that date have an eligibility window of 48 hours from the creation of the booking to request the Guarantee. If you would like assistance taking advantage of other deals and offers that may be available to you we recommend contacting our customer service team by phone at (800) 556-8209 .
Kind Regards,
Best Price Guarantee Team
Royal Caribbean Group

I notice my bookings that are future cruise next deposits made onboard show a “booking date” that corresponds to the date I paid for the deposit onboard not when I actually selected a sailing. So I guess in those cases it goes by that date. Unfortunately I just missed it. 

Actually the "Best Offer Guarantee" which was part of the Cruise with Confidence program stopped applying to sailings booked after 3/21/2022 or for sailings after 9/30/2022.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence?cid=ps_mest_goog_rtlgnr_1702_hp_albr_us_8332&&cid=ps_mest_goog_rtlgnr_1702_dtbe_albr_us_6053&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvbythb6c-QIVj4zICh36EgWgEAAYASAAEgJOjvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The existing "Best Price Guarantee" which was in place before the pandemic is now the only price guarantee available after final payment and yes it's always been 48 hrs.

Celebrity really confused things when they used the  "Best Price Guarantee" online form to honor "Best Offer Guarantee"  claims.

On June 1, 2022,  I booked a January 2023 X cruise (Soltice-sky suite) and noticed yesterday that the price had reduced.  My Big box TA got my price reduced to the current offering and I ended up with $200 additional OBC. (can't figure out why the extra OBC.)  This is the second time I have had the price reduced for this sailing. 

I also had a May 2022 cruise price reduced but since it was after final payment the difference was added to my OBC. 

I would suggest that you call Celebrity to get your price reduced (or have your TA call).  Good luck!

1 hour ago, jcpc said:

I'm not sure if everyone is aware of the change to the Best Price Guarantee program effective April 1st so I thought I would pass it along.  

Form Celebrity's web site:

Our Celebrity Best Price Guarantee ensures that you will enjoy the lowest advertised rate on your cruise fare and your preferred promotional offer. If a lower cruise fare or different promotional offer advertised to the general public is found and your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have that savings or promotion applied to your booking (savings options vary by whether the request is submitted before or after the final payment due date).