Circle Iceland with The Inside Cabin - 24 days on the NIeuw Statendam

5 hours ago, iceman93 said:

I've always been curious how many of those they actually sell!

At least one a cruise if I am onboard!   I found out that they tack on a 18% gratuity.   I always tell the dining room staff in advance so they have it ready to go....It may take about 30-40 minutes.    It was enough for 6 of us to share

• Like 1

3 hours ago, REOVA said:

Pete, Great photos as usual. We just did VoV so good to relive some of those ports (85' here and no fog, back to summer). Our FC Consultant recommended Neptune suite on NS for 3 adults based on the website advertised layout which shows a separate WC/sink (similar to Prinsendam suites) but I didn't think HAL's Pinnacle ships have this layout. Is there someone in the Neptune Concierge Lounge that you can confirm they have this layout in Neptune Suites?

Screenshot (206).png

We're on the ship now and have a Neptune Suite. The bathroom layout in the diagram is wrong. The bathroom is all one room with a very nice large shower at the back. 

i-WbNnNqm-338x450.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, REOVA said:

Pete, Great photos as usual. We just did VoV so good to relive some of those ports (85' here and no fog, back to summer). Our FC Consultant recommended Neptune suite on NS for 3 adults based on the website advertised layout which shows a separate WC/sink (similar to Prinsendam suites) but I didn't think HAL's Pinnacle ships have this layout. Is there someone in the Neptune Concierge Lounge that you can confirm they have this layout in Neptune Suites?

Screenshot (206).png

That is not the layout you will find on the Pinnacle Class - check out this video

Many more videos - google "your ship" neptune suite

Also check out - for pictures or many suites - https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/7084-nieuw-statendam/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

Hmmmm.   I'll just  have to bring a bag of chocolate coins and ask my steward to put them on my pillow.  Since I travel solo they've always given me two each night.  Just wouldn't be the same coming back to the cabin and having a 'naked pillow" 😄

That’s a good idea.  I just bring so much other stuff I don’t want to drag anything else.  I don’t need it anyway.  It’s more the thought than anything else. It just seems such an odd thing to cut.  I love the towel animals too.

At least that Gala/Dressy meal looks more upscale than the last one. 

….brilliant idea to share the huge Tomahawk(  aka giant hunk of beef) !

Have you been able to see if there’s a daily alternative Indian menu available in the MDR? 

8 hours ago, REOVA said:

Screenshot (206).png

That diagram is from the Koningsdam.  I have that booked next week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

That is not the layout you will find on the Pinnacle Class - check out this video

Many more videos - google "your ship" neptune suite

Also check out - for pictures or many suites - https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/7084-nieuw-statendam/

Yeah all I have found so far are the standard layout in the videos. Not sure why HAL advertises the 3rd sink layout. Thanks Pete.

I guess I'm lucky. My local supermarket here in New Jersey has had 1.25 (approximately, usually higher) pound lobsters on sale for $8.99/pound for the last two weeks.  I've been buying them at least twice a week.  Once for a lobster roll lunch and later in the week for dinner.  And they steam them and crack the shells for you if you ask nicely.  

So eating lobster on a cruise isn't a big deal for me but I understand why people who don't have that option available at home miss the lobster option.

• Like 1

Just now, REOVA said:

I pulled it from NS on the HAL website. Is your cabin going to have the third sink area? Thanks. 

Yes.  If you google “Koningsdam Neptune Suite” you can see it in the videos.  Looks like they changed the layout for NS.  Having that layout on the HAL site is poor quality control.

2 hours ago, Dunmore2 said:

At least that Gala/Dressy meal looks more upscale than the last one. 

….brilliant idea to share the huge Tomahawk(  aka giant hunk of beef) !

Have you been able to see if there’s a daily alternative Indian menu available in the MDR? 

I forgot to ask - will try and remember tonight

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SharonN said:

We're on the ship now and have a Neptune Suite. The bathroom layout in the diagram is wrong. The bathroom is all one room with a very nice large shower at the back. 

Thanks Sharon. That's what I see but I wonder if they have specific rooms/locations for the other layouts like on Koningsdam. I know Aft and Forward and Accessible cabins are slightly different. Who is in the Concierge Lounge, maybe they know if any cabins have the 3 sinks. I cannot get any answers from HAL or online and the FC Consultant is new and is going by the diagram so a bit hesitant.

10 hours ago, KBC73 said:

I noticed the crisps and creme brulee are back. Is that fleet wide or only on this cruise?

I was told that there is usually, a crisp, available. On our Feb. Circle Hawaii, I requested one almost every night. Always received one. Close to the end I discovered they had them on display in the Lido.

Edited by Trapper44
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have enjoyed your posts tremendously!!   Thank you so much for taking the time to post so we who are on land can live vicariously (and also order the imaginary meals).  This itinerary was fantastic.  So glad you are having a fantastic trip!!

• Like 2

Just now, bluesplayer said:

I have enjoyed your posts tremendously!!   Thank you so much for taking the time to post so we who are on land can live vicariously (and also order the imaginary meals).  This itinerary was fantastic.  So glad you are having a fantastic trip!!

Thanks.   It's been a great cruise.    2 days and a wake-up.  

• Like 1