Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

Voyager Repo Athens - Barcelona Oct 14 2024 has been redeployed to end in Malaga instead of Barcelona as Voyager is heading to Dry Dock.

If you stay on you can have a whopping $50 OBC per cabin!!  

Since I am on the Oasis TA from Barcelona the next day I dont fancy travelling the 600 miles to get to Barcelona (which will cost me a lot more than $50!)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Voyager Repo Athens - Barcelona Oct 14 2024 has been redeployed to end in Malaga instead of Barcelona as Voyager is heading to Dry Dock.

Adventure TA PC to Lisbon 25 October 2024 has also been redeployed and shortened one night - price protected but no compensation offered for one less night. 

5 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

Adventure TA PC to Lisbon 25 October 2024 has also been redeployed and shortened one night - price protected but no compensation offered for one less night. 

We are on that TA, and taking Voyager back to PC on the 10th of Nov.  Voyager's last sailing is 7-14 Oct, so they will most likely drydock between then and the 10 Nov TA.

Edited by Wineaux007

2 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

Sadly pretty Common. Last Fall Cruises, 4 mine Changed, 3 with one less night, all price protected no Compensation. Happened yr before also on 2 others of Cruises, though were CV canceled anyway

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Sadly pretty Common. Last Fall Cruises, 4 mine Changed, 3 with one less night, all price protected no Compensation. Happened yr before also on 2 others of Cruises, though were CV canceled anyway

Also, on the Adventure shortened TA October '24.  Disappointed in that my only other shortened cruise in late  '21 provided both OBC depending on category booked, as well as the fare adjustment. Both items were communicated in the initial letter describing the change and our options.  I assume in late '21, they had no idea the industry would bounce back like it has and now that overbookings are a thing, they don't feel the need to make adjustments.

The only thing consistent about RCL is the inconsistency.  🙃

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

So, am I to understand that Voyager and Adventure will have drydocks in fall 2024?  I am kinda bummed that Royal is removing both Mariner and Independence in exchange for Voyager and Adventure.  Any thoughts on if they will be amped to include options like Playmakers?  My only other options are the overpriced Utopia and Wonder.  We drive to the port and those extra hours and crazy traffic heading to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are really pushing it for us.   

55 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Any thoughts on if they will be amped to include options like Playmakers?  

This statement was in the letter regarding the shortened Adventure TA.  Doesn't provide any hints as to the improvements to be expected.

"We’re taking Adventure of the Seas into dry dock for routine maintenance and exciting improvements."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Any thoughts on if they will be amped to include options like Playmakers?

Voyager already received a full amplification back in 2019, which included new venues and activities, so I think it will be more routine maintenance. However, Adventure has yet to receive a full amplification so Royal may decide to add some newer features/venues, especially with there being a slight mention of the amplifications coming back in the earnings call recently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2023 at 1:00 PM, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Since I am on the Oasis TA from Barcelona the next day I dont fancy travelling the 600 miles to get to Barcelona (which will cost me a lot more than $50!)

17 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

Royal is becoming a really consumer friendly company🥴🤑

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Voyager already received a full amplification back in 2019, which included new venues and activities, so I think it will be more routine maintenance. However, Adventure has yet to receive a full amplification so Royal may decide to add some newer features/venues, especially with there being a slight mention of the amplifications coming back in the earnings call recently.

Some of us were on Voyager last winter and I wouldn't say they've done much to amplify her except add a waterslide.  It'll be interesting to see what they plan for these two drydocks.  Are there any other Voyager class besides Navigator with the extra venues like Playmakers, Loco Fresh etc.?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Some of us were on Voyager last winter and I wouldn't say they've done much to amplify her except add a waterslide.  It'll be interesting to see what they plan for these two drydocks.  Are there any other Voyager class besides Navigator with the extra venues like Playmakers, Loco Fresh etc.?

I could be totally wrong here, wouldn't be the first time.  But Royal lists Voyager as one of the Amped ships. With Liberty, Adventure and Allure yet to be Amped, and Voyager being classed as already having it done, not sure they'll do much.  For Explorer, they didn't do an Amp, but added slides.  I would think if it came down to choosing, Allure and Liberty would be getting the Amp $$$.   Also, Voyager is the oldest in the bunch of ships that were already done, or were on the list to be amped. Not sure they'd be pouring more money into her other than keeping her up her maintenance.  

Edited by rockmom

1 hour ago, MindyJohn said:

They surely need to get rid of the high school plays that have been running for 20+ years - so sad!😱

1 hour ago, MindyJohn said:

I was particularly referring to it being categorised as ‘amped’ by Royal, as not an every ship that receives updates has been amplified ‘fully’, such as Explorer which just received waterslides in addition to general maintenance.

9 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

I was particularly referring to it being categorised as ‘amped’ by Royal, as not an every ship that receives updates has been amplified ‘fully’, such as Explorer which just received waterslides in addition to general maintenance.

They did such a fantastic job amping Navigator, but I think money got tight after that. 

The HD on a ship I sailed last summer told me there was a whole warehouse of furnishings, carpeting etc. intended for a Liberty amp, and after Covid, those supplies got sent out to other ships that needed sprucing up before the restart.  

Edited by MindyJohn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

I hadn't been on her until last year, but, I agree.  Felt like the added cabins made for some odd paths to take, especially to Izumi.  Couldn't find my way in at first and then got absolutely windblasted on the way another night. Maybe it was always that way, but, it felt cut off, so I assumed it was different prior to the amp. Missed the removed JR as an option, too.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

6 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

I was on voyager just after the first refresh in Singapore, I think it was 2019 .

All they really did was put in a heap of extra cabins and a water slide.

For some reason it was cut short.There was masking tape hanging from the ceiling,some seats where recovered and others weren’t. Pore old girl needs a bit more love.

I believe Royal had another attempt in Europe before it went back to work.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

Mariner has been fully amped.  We really enjoy sailing on her.  She has Playmakers, and the Bamboo Room.  There isn't a Loco Fresh, unfortunately.  

• Like 1

Some ships imho really shone after their amp ups, Freedom for example came out a whole new ship.  Explorer, not so much they jammed in slides, no playmakers, and now no kid's area so literally to me all the hype for Explorer amp in March and we got slides?  

6 hours ago, MarkedAngel said:

Some ships imho really shone after their amp ups, Freedom for example came out a whole new ship.  Explorer, not so much they jammed in slides, no playmakers, and now no kid's area so literally to me all the hype for Explorer amp in March and we got slides?  

Explorer was never advertised as an amplification by Royal, but was purely a general maintenance dry-dock where they happened to add a pair of waterslides.  Freedom, Oasis, Mariner, Independence, Navigator and Voyager have all been ‘amped’, whereas all remaining ships have just received general work. I imagine Royal to focus on the remaining ships that were due an amplification, but didn’t receive it due to covid, before those that already have been ‘amped’.

Edited by Jumping Cruiser

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I wish Anthem would lose her a la carte Johnny Rockets and replace with Fish and Ships or El Loco Fresh.

It would be fair enough to replace Johnny Rockets with another food place (love, love, love El Loco Fresh) but looking at the deck plans of Voyager it was removed to make the kids area bigger