Permanent Cutbacks on Carnival

JT1962

The late night snacks buffet is probably the biggest loss to me. That horrible pizza line after the last comedy show lets out is about to be even worse.

I'm sure the next cutback will be the end of free continental breakfast delivery due to lack of popularity. Go to the buffet or dining room if you want breakfast.

• Like 12

Just now, SCBarker said:

A tad bit confusing. So are Pizza Pirate & Pizzeria del Capitano being renamed Pizza Plus? And they are adding salads, pasta, and sandwiches to the offerings?

No, the late night snacks buffet is gone. In its place, pizza pirate/del capitano will be serving salads etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pyrate13 said:

Nothing of any importance for us but guarantee others will be blasting Carnival again (the usual suspects).

"It doesn't affect me so it is meaningless and your complaint is invalid"

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mz-s said:

No, the late night snacks buffet is gone. In its place, pizza pirate/del capitano will be serving salads etc.

I guess I don't understand where the name Pizza Plus in the article comes from.

• Like 2

Just now, SCBarker said:

I guess I don't understand where the name Pizza Plus in the article comes from.

That's just what they're calling the extra menu items they add to the Pizza Pirate/del Capitano menu from 11PM-1:30AM. The pizza place starts serving Stouffer's lasagna etc.

• Like 4

Just now, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing.  All these moves get a shrug of the shoulders from me, though I understand some cruisers will be affected much more.

None of those affect me either, other than no more door hangers for room service breakfast.  I know there have been lots of complaints about Pizza not being available 24 hours. 

• Like 3

None of this really effects me at all.  I do have to say, though, that I missed the door hangers on our last cruise (Alaska) with the early morning excursions.  Just a minor inconvenience.

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Like 3

TERRIBLE.  We've used the hanging tag Continental breakfast nearly every day on every cruise. It literally serves as our alarm clock, as necessary. For those that know, does the house phone have a wake up call feature?

• Like 13

Just now, jsglow said:

TERRIBLE.  We've used the hanging tag Continental breakfast nearly every day on every cruise. It literally serves as our alarm clock, as necessary. For those that know, does the house phone have a wake up call feature?

Yes, the room phone has a wakeup feature.  Pretty easy to use.  No biggie on the cutbacks on my end.  I never have, and never will starve on a cruise.  Have never used the door hanger to order breakfast.  Dh missed the chocolate extravaganza on Magic, but he is a chocoholic - me, not at all.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Yes and they're automated

• Like 1

Just read this article and I think this may be the straw that breaks the camels back for me. So many cutbacks over the years and I know that most people here are rabid about cruising and will not stop over these changes, but I think this is it for me. Several of my favorite activities on the ship are gone now. Sea day afternoon tea, Midnight Chocolate Buffet, Quest, a real breakfast on my balcony. A good late night meal. Just too much of the experience eroded at this point combined with an amazing experience we had this year at XCaret. 

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Same here and morning breakfast on the balcony was an every day thing for us on the cruise. WE already lamented that so many great menu items had been removed. Room service by phone was really hard the last time I tried it and took more than an hour to get delivered.  

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Yes, the room phone has a wakeup feature.  Pretty easy to use.  No biggie on the cutbacks on my end.  I never have, and never will starve on a cruise.  Have never used the door hanger to order breakfast.  Dh missed the chocolate extravaganza on Magic, but he is a chocoholic - me, not at all.  

Okay good.  It's still not as good as the nice knock on the door w my coffee but I guess I'll survive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have to agree with the hanging tags.  My brother, who is mostly an RCCL cruiser, is trying Carnival for the first time with us in February.  One of his favorite parts is putting that tag on the door the night before for breakfast on his balcony.  I'm not even going to try and defend Carnival on this one, I think it's a bad move.

• Like 25

4 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Same here and morning breakfast on the balcony was an every day thing for us on the cruise. WE already lamented that so many great menu items had been removed. Room service by phone was really hard the last time I tried it and took more than an hour to get delivered.  

Agree all around here.  Room service took an hour for us too.  It was late at night though, so was willing to give the breakfast a chance, but yeah, waking up an hour before the coffee gets there - Lord help whoever is rooming with me and has to put up with pre-coffee me for an hour.  🤣

I know you can order pizza and stuff through the app - can you do the breakfast?  And select a time?  If so, I'm fine with this change.  If not...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I haven't cruised since the hang tags went away due to the now-permanent staffing issues. So if I want my breakfast delivered at say 7:30, how would I do that? Do I have to call it in the morning and hope they are on-time, or can I call it in the night before and ask for delivery at 7:30?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

Agree all around here.  Room service took an hour for us too.  It was late at night though, so was willing to give the breakfast a chance, but yeah, waking up an hour before the coffee gets there - Lord help whoever is rooming with me and has to put up with pre-coffee me for an hour.  🤣

I know you can order pizza and stuff through the app - can you do the breakfast?  And select a time?  If so, I'm fine with this change.  If not...

It says you can call and make the order the night before, you just don't have the tags.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1