Drinks included in Cruise only fare

turtlebud

New to cruising and looking into a cruise only fare.  I know that drinks are a la carte for this, but I'm wondering if any drinks such as milk and juices at breakfast or lemonade and iced tea are included for this fare.

Thanks in advance!

Hot coffee and hot tea are also available.  Personally, I did not like the coffee at all.

Generally, the Always Included makes sense if you drink a good amount of alcohol. 

At embarkation, you are also allowed to bring on a couple of bottles of wine and while I have not been able to find the details however, I think you can bring on a limited amount of soda.

If all you have that is addition is the occasional espresso drink and a glass of wine or cocktail occasionally the AI is not worth it.  However, there is a convenience in having the AI.

On a recent cruise we did AI and enjoyed it but probably drank more alcohol than we should have.  The next cruise we booked decided to do cruise only.

There are great long threads going intricate detail of when it does and does not make sense to get AI.

Additionally, the AI includes gratuities that are quite high on Celebrity so that has to be taken into account.

8 hours ago, turtlebud said:

New to cruising and looking into a cruise only fare.  I know that drinks are a la carte for this, but I'm wondering if any drinks such as milk and juices at breakfast or lemonade and iced tea are included for this fare.

Thanks in advance!

Of course...

Take a look at X's website.... provides input on this...

bon voyage

Coffee, tea, hot chocolate packets, milk

orange juice, apple juice, and a couple other juices from dispensers in Oceanview buffet

from lunch, the dispensers switch to iced tea and lemonade

also available at ocean view are some non dairy milks, most commonly oat milk and almond milk.  You may have to request these if they are not on display 

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like to mix the apple juice in the OV cafe at Breakfast with some pomegranate juice and I found it at the station with the oatmeal and cereals!

It turns out most X ships keep in in a small frig. under the counter along with the Tomatoe Juice to keep it cold. If you don't see those 2 on top just ask. 

I think the upcharge for AI is around $50 pp/pd.   If you require wifi and consider the tips then generally it makes sense to take AI as a couple of soft drinks, or special coffee, or bottles of water will eat up the difference.

But certainly do the numbers based on the value you place on each of the 3 perks.

5 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

But certainly do the numbers based on the value you place on each of the 3 perks.

It is really the value you place on basic internet access and the drinks since gratuities are pretty much a given cost of cruising.

• Like 1

All, Sorry to hijack this thread but my question is in line with the discussion.

In terms of the complimentary drinks, do they still do the fruit punch on Celebrity? The last time we went on celebrity was pre pandemic and they had it available all day, so I would like to think they still have this available as I really like it. 

Also on the Solstice class ships we like that we can get fruit punch (and lemonade etc.) all day from the cafe in the solarium, but we are looking at going on the Constellation and wonder if they have the same drinks stations are available on the M-class ships as well?

Thanks all

15 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

It’s easy to find the fruit punch all day long.  No worries.

Thanks very much. I know it’s probably not good for the waistline but it is very yummy!

Have you been on Millenium class ships recently and do you remember whether there was water/ fruit punch  etc. available at the Solarium cafe and the pool grill as well as the buffet?

Thanks

12 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

It is really the value you place on basic internet access and the drinks since gratuities are pretty much a given cost of cruising.

Well, subtract that number from the average of the $50 up charge per day, and that’s what your paying for drinks and a WiFi..if one likes specialty coffee and bottled water the math can turn in your favor quickly..plus,  no worries at cruise end..works for me, and I never use WiFi.

Edited by PTC DAWG

1 hour ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Thanks very much. I know it’s probably not good for the waistline but it is very yummy!

Have you been on Millenium class ships recently and do you remember whether there was water/ fruit punch  etc. available at the Solarium cafe and the pool grill as well as the buffet?

Thanks

I am on Summit now and your fruit punch is available in the solarium at least at lunch hours. I have no idea about later in the day.

12 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I am on Summit now and your fruit punch is available in the solarium at least at lunch hours. I have no idea about later in the day.

Thank you for taking time out of your vacation to message. I assume this is available in one of the help yourself machines?

Thank you