Weird--Vaccination Icon Disappeared from the App for Allure September 3 Sail

nelblu

Went to check the status of the Vaccine Card approval and the Icon is no longer there.  I see "Travel Info", "Arrival Time" and "Health and Safety" but no Vaccine approval.  Wonder if it has to do with the anticipated August 14 announcement as per thread that is circulating.

Inquiring minds want to know😁

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

Went to check the status of the Vaccine Card approval and the Icon is no longer there.  I see "Travel Info", "Arrival Time" and "Health and Safety" but no Vaccine approval.  Wonder if it has to do with the anticipated August 14 announcement as per thread that is circulating.

Inquiring minds want to know😁

Is this after you entered in your vaccination record?  We did our check-in last week with Celebrity (I think they use same app as RCI with different page looks) and the vax status disappeared yesterday... I interpret that as having been accepted/approved.

1 minute ago, d9704011 said:

Is this after you entered in your vaccination record?  We did our check-in last week with Celebrity (I think they use same app as RCI with different page looks) and the vax status disappeared yesterday... I interpret that as having been accepted/approved.

In the most recent sail on Anthem on Easter the approval Icon showed that Vaccine card was approved. I've had to upload the Vaccine card twice and no approval indicated as of Sunday, but the Icon was listed.  That is why I checked this morning and lo and behold it's no longer listed.

5 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Yes, this is after we entered our vaccination record.  On our recent cruise for Celebrity July 24-31 it did not disappear, but, showed approved or something to this effect.

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

In the most recent sail on Anthem on Easter the approval Icon showed that Vaccine card was approved. I've had to upload the Vaccine card twice and no approval indicated as of Sunday, but the Icon was listed.  That is why I checked this morning and lo and behold it's no longer listed.

You have more experience using the app than I do.  I'm not going to think about it too much and will simply present paper version if necessary.  Given cruise line success with web sites and apps, who knows what may be going on?

3 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

You have more experience using the app than I do.  I'm not going to think about it too much and will simply present paper version if necessary.  Given cruise line success with web sites and apps, who knows what may be going on?

Believe me, I'm not a teckie, but it's so much easier to upload the Vaccine documentation and Photo via the I-phone.  Many times, I check-in using my laptop (as I have fat fingers😁) and the info is transferred to the APP for me to finalize the check-in process.  Also, much easier to check any status of my sail.

14 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Believe me, I'm not a teckie, but it's so much easier to upload the Vaccine documentation and Photo via the I-phone.  Many times, I check-in using my laptop (as I have fat fingers😁) and the info is transferred to the APP for me to finalize the check-in process.  Also, much easier to check any status of my sail.

I see on another thread that some CC members are having difficulty loading/using a recently updated version of the RCI app.

2 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I see on another thread that some CC members are having difficulty loading/using a recently updated version of the RCI app.

You never know, with Royal's IT dept. the missing 🤣Icon may reappear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its the testing i want dropped..seems to be harder and harder to get a supervised test booked in uk now. Our supervised test has just been cancelled for our sunday cruise, test was due on fri but they cancelled. Just spent a stressful hour getting other tests booked.

• Like 4

What I've always wondered is why you needed to upload your initial vaccination doses every time you cruised?  Boosters, ok... you might add new boosters.  But once you uploaded your original 2 dose (or 1 dose J&J) what will change?  I cruised this April and again in June.  For my June cruise the database should have been set up to just recognize that I already have those initial doses and they were approved.

Maybe that is what is going on?  If you already proved your vaccination you don't need to for future cruising?

Just my 2 cents. 🙂

Edited by Max and Ruby

9 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

What I've always wondered is why you needed to upload your initial vaccination doses every time you cruised?  Boosters, ok... you might add new boosters.  But once you uploaded your original 2 dose (or 1 dose J&J) what will change?  I cruised this April and again in June.  For my June cruise the database should have been set up to just recognize that I already have those initial doses and they were approved.

Maybe that is what is going on?  If you already proved your vaccination you don't need to for future cruising?

Just my 2 cents. 🙂

Because they don't maintain a db of that information.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Same here for our September 22 cruise that includes Canada.

Mine too for Oasis on September 4th.  NCL announced some new vaccinations requirements or lack thereof today, it looks like RCL is announcing soon.  

Edited by jaygatsby27
typo
  • Like 2