If sailing divina be aware…

Sandyfeetdeb

Satellite is down and had been fir a while evidently. So no tv or movies! Also if you chose 1 device WiFi make sure you sign on to the device you want to use for the whole cruise. I signed into my phone so it was easy to take pictures at ports. Wanted to switch to my iPad for emails but that’s not allowed!!! Literally only one device period. Can’t switch between phone and iPad! Ridiculous! 

16 minutes ago, Sandyfeetdeb said:

Satellite is down and had been fir a while evidently. So no tv or movies! Also if you chose 1 device WiFi make sure you sign on to the device you want to use for the whole cruise. I signed into my phone so it was easy to take pictures at ports. Wanted to switch to my iPad for emails but that’s not allowed!!! Literally only one device period. Can’t switch between phone and iPad! Ridiculous! 

I have visions of an upcoming Golf Cart protest parade against MSC back at your home! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, Sandyfeetdeb said:

Just create a hotspot with your phone.

On 8/9/2022 at 11:25 AM, JAGR said:

I have visions of an upcoming Golf Cart protest parade against MSC back at your home! 😉

Please do not forget the boat parade protest on either the Gulf or Atlantic side.

19 minutes ago, bac513 said:

Please do not forget the boat parade protest on either the Gulf or Atlantic side.

Parade protest is only on the Atlantic side, since that is the only area MSC pays attention to.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

We don't go to watch TV but we do watch TV. We also bring a DVD player along.

When we have 10-15 Sea days on different lines it's something to do. We do use ppv allot.

I was told by the YC Concierge that you can't hook up a DVD player to the Divina TVs. I would love to know if that's false and we'll pack ours too! 

1 hour ago, blueskadoo said:

I was told by the YC Concierge that you can't hook up a DVD player to the Divina TVs. I would love to know if that's false and we'll pack ours too! 

I follow on that, I believe you need to have an universal remote or use an app on your phone if your phone has infrared connectivity, but I don't know for sure.

1 hour ago, Acrobatu2 said:

I follow on that, I believe you need to have an universal remote or use an app on your phone if your phone has infrared connectivity, but I don't know for sure.

You are correct!!!

Once you have remote access, switch the input.

We bring a universal remote and we have it do the code scan.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

How does the internet know if you try to switch devices?

Just a guess:

This is probably something that MSC has built in to their Captive Portal.  Most likely, MSC is relying on use of MAC when you initially log in, and probably a tie to your IP address.  A media access control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to a network interface controller (NIC) for use as a network address in communications within a network segment.  The system would then be able to detect a different device attempting to use the account.

Edited by JAGR

5 hours ago, JAGR said:

Just a guess:

This is probably something that MSC has built in to their Captive Portal.  Most likely, MSC is relying on use of MAC when you initially log in, and probably a tie to your IP address.  A media access control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to a network interface controller (NIC) for use as a network address in communications within a network segment.  The system would then be able to detect a different device attempting to use the account.

This is very likely to be the explanation. Apple devices by default do not expose the true MAC address, though, which introduces some doubt. However, the private MAC address exposed should be constant per wi-fi SSID, so it would be one they could associate with that device.

On 8/10/2022 at 8:51 AM, quattrohead said:

Who goes on a cruise to watch TV ???

Not me. Unless the bridge cam channel counts.  But considering the amount of money cruise lInes spend on tv’s and service I assume a lot of people do. 

Edited by wcook

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 11:08 AM, Sandyfeetdeb said:

I was on the 8/7/22, 7-night sailing.  I agree the TV did not work except I was able to get channel 20 which had movies (maybe four different ones) and Bob's Burgers playing on a loop.  

I had issues with my phone when I switched to the Ocean Cay wifi.  I went to guest services and they fixed it.  I was sailing solo and only had my phone but it was giving me an error that I had too many devices.  If you are having trouble switching between devices try guest services or the internet desk for help.