Senior officers at the moment - post what you know

excitedofharpenden

44 minutes ago, anniegb said:

Will he??

He is on until early December and the sailing date of the Antarctica cruise is the 10th-30th.

Do we know who is his replacement will be?

I don’t, but I heard that he will be back in time for the Antarctica cruise in February 

• Like 1

On the Quest, from Lisbon to Barbados (with follow on thru the Amazon to Buenos Aires).

Current Senior Officers are…

Captain:  Johannes Tysse—gets off in Buenos Aires on Dec 10th… no info on replacement

Staff Captain: Roman Kutsenko

Chief Engineer:  Nikolay Georgiev

Hotel Director Ryszard Gusmann – gets off in Buenos Aires on Dec 10th… no info on replacement

Cruise Director:  Amanda Poulson… gets off in Barbados on 18 Nov… replaced by Steven from the Journey!

Asst. Cruise Director:  Jose Alpizar… gets off in Barbados on 18 Dec… replaced by Justin from the Journey

Exec Chief:   Jason Chastom

F&B Manger:  Tekin Sahin

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 5:26 PM, DS said:

On the Quest, from Lisbon to Barbados (with follow on thru the Amazon to Buenos Aires).

Current Senior Officers are…

Captain:  Johannes Tysse—gets off in Buenos Aires on Dec 10th… no info on replacement

Staff Captain: Roman Kutsenko

Chief Engineer:  Nikolay Georgiev

Hotel Director Ryszard Gusmann – gets off in Buenos Aires on Dec 10th… no info on replacement

Cruise Director:  Amanda Poulson… gets off in Barbados on 18 Nov… replaced by Steven from the Journey!

Asst. Cruise Director:  Jose Alpizar… gets off in Barbados on 18 Dec… replaced by Justin from the Journey

Exec Chief:   Jason Chastom

F&B Manger:  Tekin Sahin

On the next Quest cruise:   Barbados to Buenos Aires via the Amazon River.   All the senior officers listed above are still on with the exception of the Cruise Director and Asst CD:  New are:

Stephen Millet ( from Journey) as CD

Justin Schneyer, ACD

(When CD Amanda left on Saturday, she still did not know if she was coming back to Quest or to Journey...)

Richard, who was leaving in BA on the last cruise has been extended into January...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 9:07 PM, wjfan417 said:

Does anyone know if Marcelo (HD) and Lylian (Concierge) are still on the Pursuit?  

HD is Ngawhira Fleet, Lylian I have not yet mentioned after 3 weeks.

Captain is Antonio Toledo and he is the best Master of the ship we met on nearly 30 cruises.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, beatnix said:

HD is Ngawhira Fleet, Lylian I have not yet mentioned after 3 weeks.

Captain is Antonio Toledo and he is the best Master of the ship we met on nearly 30 cruises.

Thanks-I was trying to follow up on some FCC they had said I was going to receive.

• 1 month later...

On ONWARD  ( 1st leg of World Voyage), Jan 5 out of Ft Lauderdale, bound for Lima Peru

Captain Karl Smith

Staff Capt Daniela Epuras

Ch ENG Hans Jensen

Hot DIR, Elizabeth Vogel

CD   Eric De Gray

Asst CD   Astrid Alphonso

F&B  Iwan Pennings

Exec Chef  Srinath Gokulanathan

Capt Carl implied that he was getting off after leg 2 in Tahiti, but would be back at some non specified time;  Eric made comment about getting off after leg 1, but rejoining in March.  The original plan was for Elizabeth to be here for the whole 10 legs--- no info on if that has changed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DS said:

On ONWARD  ( 1st leg of World Voyage), Jan 5 out of Ft Lauderdale, bound for Lima Peru

Captain Karl Smith

Staff Capt Daniela Epuras

Ch ENG Hans Jensen

Hot DIR, Elizabeth Vogel

CD   Eric De Gray

Asst CD   Astrid Alphonso

F&B  Iwan Pennings

Exec Chef  Srinath Gokulanathan

Capt Carl implied that he was getting off after leg 2 in Tahiti, but would be back at some non specified time;  Eric made comment about getting off after leg 1, but rejoining in March.  The original plan was for Elizabeth to be here for the whole 10 legs--- no info on if that has changed.

Iwan will also be on the entire journey

7 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Does anyone have info about who is on Journey at the moment and any possible changes?  I'm on 7th March cruise. Thanks. 

Phil 

My understanding is that Ryszard will be the Hotel Director and Stephen will be Cruise Director.  Not sure of the others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you're interested in current staff & crew on Journey, here's the list for Melbourne-Auckland:

Master - Captain Kresimir Korona

Staff Captain - Dario Guerrieri

Hotel Director - Tatiana Morello

Cruise Director - Darren Lynton

Food & Beverage Mgr. - Ertan Karasakal

Executive Chef - Dhani Limboo

Asst. Cruise Director - Grace O'Donnell-Clancy.  (A gem, IMO.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sorry if my response above was ambiguous.  I was on the Quest in Antarctica last month and Steven told me he would be on the Journey in March 2024 (I'll be on that same cruise, Phil) and another passenger was told Ryszard will be the Hotel Director.  All of this is naturally subject to change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It seems like they are rotating more frequently.  In Sept Capt. Korona was on Journey.  In November it was Capt Filip and now in January it is Capt Korona again.  I’m am assuming he will stay at least through February unless someone has heard otherwise.

11 hours ago, SoBaycruiser said:

It seems like they are rotating more frequently.  In Sept Capt. Korona was on Journey.  In November it was Capt Filip and now in January it is Capt Korona again.  I’m am assuming he will stay at least through February unless someone has heard otherwise.

The length of the contracts will vary, but it seems that they rotate senior officers more on different ships as well. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, EdinburghTim said:

Grace is a gem. She got off Journey in Auckland and was replaced by Jose. She has been promoted to cruise director and will rejoin on Pursuit after her vacation 

I'm so pleased to hear that. She is indeed a gem and it's been recognised. 

Phil 

• Like 3

Segment 2 World Voyage Onward 

Master - Captain Carl Smith

Staff Captain- Daniela Epuras

Chief Engineer - Hans Jensen *suppose to leave in Lima but his replacement had flight issues** might leave in Easter Island

Hotel Director - Elisabeth Vogel ** on for full voyage 

Human Resources Manager - Beth Van Zant ** believe on for full voyage

Cruise Director - Martin Lawson on until Hong Kong when Eric returns (March 22) segment 6

Food and Beverage - Iwan Pennings * full voyage

World Cruise Host - Lee Hetherington *full voyage

Assistant Cruise Director Roy Ryan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm so pleased to hear that. She is indeed a gem and it's been recognised. 

Phil 

Met Grace in January 2022 on her first contract as one of the singers with Martin Lawson also. They both made a great impression  and its wonderful to see them both come through the system and be Cruise Directors. 👏👏

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

ONWARD... 3rd leg world voyage:  Papeete to Auckland NZ

Capt Gianmario

Staff Capt Daniela

Chief Engineer  Stanko Raji  (he may have gotten on at Easter Island??)

Hotel Dir Elizabeth Vogel

CD  Martin Lawson

A/CD   Roy " broken wrist" Ryan

F&B    Iwan Pennings

Exec Chief   Srinath

only changes from leg 1/2 are the Captain and the Chief Engineer, and CD/ACD new on leg two after Eric went home

Captain G stays until  Dubai, when Capt Carl will return.   Eric returns in Kong Kong    ****  all current plans, subject to change at the will of King Neptune and others...***