Luggage tags

19 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

We are doing a B2B cruise in a couple of weeks, but we are in different staterooms for each leg. Do we need to print new luggage tags for the second leg?

Cheers

Len

No.  You should talk to both cabin attendants.  Pack stuff in drawers, bathroom.  Leave hanging stuff alone.. Empty safe (keep with you) and cabin attendant will move your stuff.

• Like 1

Make sure your cabin attendant is aware you're doing B2B. We once did a B2B with my uncle and aunt, where we stayed in the same cabins. So of course we didn't pack anything. The attendant was training a new employee and since it was turnaround day, each of them did separate cabins.

For some reason, the new attendant thought my relatives forgot to pack and started to just throw all of my aunts cosmetic products into the trash. After a while, our regular attendant caught up with the trainee and realized what he had done and nearly had a mental breakdown. He was literally almost crying when he told my uncle what had happened. He even went through the trash bags to rescue the beauty products but didn't manage to find all of it.

In the end, the chief purser came and apologized personally, accompanied them to the perfume store on board where my aunt basically just could pick whatever she was missing and since they hadn't the kind of hairspray she prefers even told her to try and get it at the next port of call and they would refund it as well.

They also got a bottle of champagne as well as pralines sent to the cabin.

• Like 1

If changing rooms, I would use the luggage tag, just to make sure no mistakes are made.  

Personally, though, I've just moved myself on the morning of TAD.  I go and meet the room attendant for the new room the night before and let them know what I'm planning on, and the next morning I bring my stuff and put it in the closet.  Then the attendant can clean the room as regularly scheduled, and I can unpack sooner in the day.  

if I am changing cabins I put one on new bags just as a reminder for cabin steward.  Have only had to change cabin 6 or 8 times but learned a trick that might save a lost  article.We bought clear short zipper  clothing bags I believe last year for like 15 for 10.98 from amazon. We take all our hanging stuff and place in 4 0r 5 bags and leave in closet. The cabin steward uses a roll cart like Hampton Inn and they normally load all lose articles  and pull down the passageway or into crew area and up the elevator to the new cabin. had several of wife's  tops slid off before and lost in shuffle. Bags also good for plaving in between articles for packing