Yacht Club Deluxe Grand Balcony - is there a way to get an extra bed?

Sara&Mike

We have 2 teens that do not want to share a bed but I can only see double sofas as an option for 4 people in the Yacht club.  What has everyone else done with this same issue - told them to suck it up and enjoy the good life? 🙂 Or has anyone brought a blow up mattress?  If so, was there enough room?

Do they have roll away beds that can be requested from the butler?  just trying to figure out what my options are.  With the current promotion of kids sail free, it doesn't make sense to get another room.

Thanks for your help!

My husband and I are not sleeping on the couch since we are paying for the trip 🙂.  Old bones and all that.  I was just curious if anyone had any actual experience with this.  I found this description on the website in regards to the room description:

image.thumb.png.c37c70a8f418c2e31097c4f7e1f81778.png

I think some come with a pullman bed that drops from the ceiling. I can't say for sure, but I think our room on the Seaview had one because the ceiling looked similar to what we had on NCL when we needed a pullman.  Hopefully someone can give more definitive answers. 

The rooms for five on newer ships have a drop down Pullman from the ceiling.

We've been through this several times with MSC.

That couch is between a single and double.  No way two normal teens fit unless sleep like a mummy.

MSC covets thy rooms and does not usually let four people book a room for five.  Yet we had one large group and booked a random room late for two and got a room for five that we initially tried to book earlier on.

The last 6-7 years I've been here, never heard of a YC rollaway.

20 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I would try to book for 5 even if you have to make up a 5th person and cancel that 5th before final payment. Something like 18018/18019 would have a pullman bed from the ceiling. 

Relative tried that exact thing.  2 weeks prior to sailing,they took the room away.

Niece ended up setting up a blow up mattress in the walk in closet and loved it.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Relative tried that exact thing.  2 weeks prior to sailing,they took the room away.

Niece ended up setting up a blow up mattress in the walk in closet and loved it.

What if the fake guest #5 is a no-show? It would cost a few dollars more but not much would be lost.

41 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

What if the fake guest #5 is a no-show? It would cost a few dollars more but not much would be lost.

Unless the fake guest #5 "had covid" and didn't make it to the port...

Edited by HipHipOnAShip

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

My most recent YC booking has guests 3 & 4 paying about $180 each plus $140 each for taxes/fees. 

In theory, guest #5 would get the taxes/fees refunded for a no-show. 

That would be a cheap solution.

Getting the ports back??? It is MSC 

13 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

My most recent YC booking has guests 3 & 4 paying about $180 each plus $140 each for taxes/fees. 

In theory, guest #5 would get the taxes/fees refunded for a no-show. 

Good luck. I had a room for 4 in YC and my nephew could not make it. Tried to get money back(about $300 or so) on cruise and was told it will be handled by shoreside. 3 weeks after cruise and called about refund of taxes for no show. Was given an excuse and to call back. A month later called and was told that there would be no refund of port taxes and fees. I gave up and said the $150 or so for taxes is gone.

I am still waiting for a refund for a no show due to covid on a recent cruise. It has been 2 months and MSC is telling me to give them some more time.

Edited by frank808

We ended up booking room 19028 for our sailing, which is larger than the normal "grand" deluxe.  I will email them before we go and ask about an extra bed but our backup option is an air mattress.  This suite looks to have a lot of extra floor space so it should work out ok.  I am not brave enough to try and book for 5 people 🙂

So, here's a random (but somewhat related question).  We have a very good friend who would like to be the third wheel on our upcoming cruise.  YC is booked in full....was wondering if we could add her as a third person to our cabin AND she could book her own room for actual sleeping (interior rooms seem to be quite available and cheap).  We'd basically be booking her as our "third" so she could join us in the Yacht Club and associated benefits, but not sure if 1 person can be booked into TWO cabins....

Anyone encountered or asked about this?

5 minutes ago, ocdb8r said:

So, here's a random (but somewhat related question).  We have a very good friend who would like to be the third wheel on our upcoming cruise.  YC is booked in full....was wondering if we could add her as a third person to our cabin AND she could book her own room for actual sleeping (interior rooms seem to be quite available and cheap).  We'd basically be booking her as our "third" so she could join us in the Yacht Club and associated benefits, but not sure if 1 person can be booked into TWO cabins....

Anyone encountered or asked about this?

A passenger can not be booked into two different cabins.