Aurea Package

danigirl01

7 minutes ago, CruiserGrandma2 said:

We just booked two MSC cruises, with the Aurea package.  Ours includes the drink package and WiFi

Doesn't any/all category provide the options for the drink and wifi packages?

I believe they do. Bella does.

13 hours ago, CruiserGrandma2 said:

We just booked two MSC cruises, with the Aurea package.  Ours includes the drink package and WiFi

If you booked via a TA they would have put the package together, Aurea no longer includes a drink package nor the massages that used to be included.

15 hours ago, Oxo said:

Doesn't any/all category provide the options for the drink and wifi packages?

I believe they do. Bella does.

Not always. The "All-In" option is a promo. It is frequently available but not always. As you see in your post, you still pay for it but at a discounted rate.

2 hours ago, publicpersona said:

Not always. The "All-In" option is a promo. It is frequently available but not always. As you see in your post, you still pay for it but at a discounted rate.

Option? Yes, fully understand it.

Pay for options? Yes, fully understand that, too.

Been cruising MSC since Jan 2006 and continue to do so. Just got off Seashore in July 2022.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Option? Yes, fully understand it.

Pay for options? Yes, fully understand that, too.

Been cruising MSC since Jan 2006 and continue to do so. Just got off Seashore in July 2022.

Nice "kind" treatment of someone who was just trying to clarify some things with the all-in package.  The comments were correct, and they were not an attack on you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

Nice "kind" treatment of someone who was just trying to clarify some things with the all-in package.  The comments were correct, and they were not an attack on you.

You and I seem to read and interpret differently. That is what makes Social media a problem. We don't see the facial expressions or tone.

If I rubbed the poster the wrong way, I would like to say 'Sorry.'

Let's leave it at that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Oxo said:

You and I seem to read and interpret differently. That is what makes Social media a problem. We don't see the facial expressions or tone.

If I rubbed the poster the wrong way, I would like to say 'Sorry.'

Let's leave it at that.

I'm not sure where you found controversy. It seemed to me that you posted that you weren't sure but thought including drinks in your base fare was always an option and showed a screenshot of the "All-In" promo to illustrate. I merely clarified that "All-In" was not always an available base fare option.

If you meant instead that one can always buy a drinks package, then yes, of course.

23 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I'm not sure where you found controversy. It seemed to me that you posted that you weren't sure but thought including drinks in your base fare was always an option and showed a screenshot of the "All-In" promo to illustrate. I merely clarified that "All-In" was not always an available base fare option.

If you meant instead that one can always buy a drinks package, then yes, of course.

Thanks for your clarification

With all the cruise lines, nothing is always. 

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising! 

• Like 1

We are contemplating the Seashore Aurea Class in 2 weeks. We are seasoned cruisers, primarily on Celebrity. This would be our first on MSC. They do have the promo with the Drink Package & WiFi. Can anyone clarify if your wine exceeds the $9.00 limit, if you can simply pay the difference. I spoke with an agent earlier and she said no. 

one other question re the dining… does Aurea have its own dining room? The agent said you do get a different selection at the buffet? This agent sounded like a newbie 

Many thanks in advance.

16 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

one other question re the dining… does Aurea have its own dining room? The agent said you do get a different selection at the buffet? This agent sounded like a newbie 

Aurea has its own dining room for dinner.. 5th Avenue Restaurant..

Breakfast in main dining room..

No different selection at the buffet for Aurea Experience.

(pics of 5th Avenue Restaurant)

997355A8-0F5C-432C-AC69-814713757B4C.thumb.jpeg.2f1e46993f4296ea3e4fa5e0f4db7971.jpeg

4F090354-BB54-4BAF-8C40-182A7923F9BD.thumb.jpeg.a45affb63936f5932efdfa64f85ca894.jpeg

63F26875-272D-4441-8539-14AEA63ABFFD.thumb.jpeg.8f8bddcd587eb6ebdc290a36fbd0b87f.jpeg

46 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

Can anyone clarify if your wine exceeds the $9.00 limit, if you can simply pay the difference. I spoke with an agent earlier and she said no. 

Unfortunately, that agent was correct. Unlike Royal/Celebrity where you can just pay the difference, MSC would charge the full amount plus service charge. And to make matters worse, there are an abundance of drinks priced just above the drink package limits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserGrandma2 said:

I booked two cruises and got Aurea with drinks and WiFi.  I did book with a TA.

I'm sure no one doubts what you are saying. If someone books online directly with MSC and selects the Aurea experience without any sort of promo, the drinks package is not included. However, there is a frequent promo called "All-In" that is more than cruise only but is mostly likely the fare your TA booked for you. The other possibility is yet a different promo your TA offered that included drinks and a massage. There are all sorts of ways you could end up with drinks and wi-fi "included."

39 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Aurea has its own dining room for dinner.. 5th Avenue Restaurant..

Breakfast in main dining room..

No different selection at the buffet for Aurea Experience.

‘THANKS VERY MUCH SIR WOLF! 

(pics of 5th Avenue Restaurant)

997355A8-0F5C-432C-AC69-814713757B4C.thumb.jpeg.2f1e46993f4296ea3e4fa5e0f4db7971.jpeg

4F090354-BB54-4BAF-8C40-182A7923F9BD.thumb.jpeg.a45affb63936f5932efdfa64f85ca894.jpeg

63F26875-272D-4441-8539-14AEA63ABFFD.thumb.jpeg.8f8bddcd587eb6ebdc290a36fbd0b87f.jpeg

16 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

Unfortunately, that agent was correct. Unlike Royal/Celebrity where you can just pay the difference, MSC would charge the full amount plus service charge. And to make matters worse, there are an abundance of drinks priced just above the drink package limits.

Thank you for clarifying! Unfortunately this is a huge negative for us. 

8 hours ago, bandp407 said:

We are contemplating the Seashore Aurea Class in 2 weeks. We are seasoned cruisers, primarily on Celebrity. This would be our first on MSC. They do have the promo with the Drink Package & WiFi. Can anyone clarify if your wine exceeds the $9.00 limit, if you can simply pay the difference. I spoke with an agent earlier and she said no. 

Many thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, bandp407 said:

If the drinks package with your booking is inadequate, you can always upgrade to the higher drinks package, which will include drinks in a higher price bracket. 

14 hours ago, bandp407 said:

In practice it is not such a big thing it may sound. EXCEPT for wine drinkers. If you are planning to enjoy some nice glasses of wine you really need to PREPARE yourself with reseach and upgrading you drinks package to the right level BEFORE the cruise. Otherwise it will be a unhappy and/or very expensive story. You also can opt to ignore the drinks package and pay by glass / bottle. 

Many thanks to all who replied regarding dining for Aurea class as well as the drink package upgrade. I did phone this morning and the upgrade would cost $966 for 2. Yes, it’s wine that we drink and while not connoisseurs, generally the standard package wines are not very good. At the moment we are not prepared to take the plunge. 

Bon Voyage!

48 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

generally the standard package wines are not very good.

I am also a wine person and agree with you. The Easy Package ($6) wines are typically the house wines they can buy in bulk for about $3/bottle. Think La Terre(ible).

The Easy Plus package ($9) is your entry level grocery store wines that might sell $7-$12/bottle. Wines in this price range are not interesting and won't start a discussion about how good it is, but drinkable. I can be made happy at this level, especially after two or three.

• Haha 1