Currently on Wonder if anyone needs any updates

17 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

The onboard staff won’t have a clue how many people are booked on a cruise later this year. 

That’s correct I asked at future cruise last evening ( to add that they have been busy all cruise ) and the lady said that although she had no idea they had started to release staterooms again.

4 hours ago, JoTerricruise said:

Can you tell us where and how you did your COVID test in Barcelona?  My wife and I are thinking of doing the teletest but are concerned about having internet access.

Tele / Test Analytika S.A.

C/Montseny 11 Barcelona 

Tel 932 123 345

laboratory@teletest.es

The service was exemplary we pre booked on line you choose a two hour window we choose 10.00 to 12.00 they emailed us immediately back with a 10.50 slot

Payment on arrival 

They issue you with a detailed print out within a few minutes.

Five minute walk from the cathedral.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SilkySal said:

There's another thread posted about the Wonder, which is asking if they are having the belly flop contest at the pool. Maybe you'll be able to answer that question for them. TIA!

Thursday August 18th Rome ( Civitavecchia ) no belly flop contest as yet.

Expect if there is to be one it’ll be on Saturday the only sea day.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Would be interested to hear about your stop in Civitavecchia tomorrow. The ship docks at 7:00 am, but can you let me know what time they announce the gangway actually being open?  Trying to figure out the earliest train into Rome that I can make on that day once off the ship.

Docked when we woke up at 07.15

Gangway opened exactly 07.30

Complimentary shuttle bus to the bus hub “ Largo fella Pace “ takes 5 minutes 

The stop is 2km or 1.2 miles from the station.

You can walk or take a local bus €3 cash only

Face covering KN95/FFP2 to be warn on local transport 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BLAMBKY said:

Thank you so much for the information! How did you request 2 weeks before?  Is there a specific email for the dining room? 

rcldining@rcl.com

Include your booking reference number of guests table size preference ( say if you’re a party of four you require a for top and so on ) plus early or late sitting 

I also include stateroom numbers but probably not necessary.

By doing this we’ve never had a problem.

Suggest you email about 10 to 14 days before you cruise no earlier.

They acknowledge and confirm details with you.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Face covering KN95/FFP2 to be warn on local transport 

Yikes! There was no notice or info of this in our cruise docs.  Does Royal provide guests with the KN95 masks when they go ashore in Rome?  I don't have any KN95 ones at home to pack.

12 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yikes! There was no notice or info of this in our cruise docs.  Does Royal provide guests with the KN95 masks when they go ashore in Rome?  I don't have any KN95 ones at home to pack.

In one port in Italy they were given to us, but other ports we just asked  for them 

4 hours ago, LEMJMcC said:

Can you tell me if there is access to the bow of the ship?  I've it a great place to watch the ocean on other ships.

Thanks

No, not on Oasis Class. There are not much options to watch the scenery from outside especially in the front. This is why we dislike this mega ships.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yes. We were handed them at every stop. We had some with us anyways. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

No, not on Oasis Class. There are not much options to watch the scenery from outside especially in the front. This is why we dislike this mega ships.

I agree although at least with Wonder there are more places for scenery like the Vue Bar. Even inside the ship, the Mason Jar has great views. 

5 hours ago, SingBill said:

I’m trying to determine  the cabin configuration. If you are in a balcony cabin, is your bed near the bath or near the balcony.  Thank you

The balcony cabins alternate the bed beside the balcony or the bathroom.    The general rule is usually to find the closest connecting cabin and imagine you're standing outside the cabin doors, the cabin on your right hand side will have the bed beside the balcony, and the one to the left hand side the bed will be beside the bathroom.  

I travel with a mobility scooter or a powered wheelchair (which I prefer to take), and if accessible cabins are not available, I can usually fit my scooter in a cabin, but its best if the bed is beside the balcony to allow the scooter to fit into the cabin, and this is the way I was told to work it out.

I hope this helps

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Matty_Boy said:

Can you tell me if Wonder of the Seas has a male only sauna and steam room in the locker room of the fitness centre / gym please 

No male only sauna you must purchase a day pass I think I was told $25 for the spa they gave me a quick tour very impressive.

1 hour ago, texmex.ferr said:

The balcony cabins alternate the bed beside the balcony or the bathroom.    The general rule is usually to find the closest connecting cabin and imagine you're standing outside the cabin doors, the cabin on your right hand side will have the bed beside the balcony, and the one to the left hand side the bed will be beside the bathroom.  

I travel with a mobility scooter or a powered wheelchair (which I prefer to take), and if accessible cabins are not available, I can usually fit my scooter in a cabin, but its best if the bed is beside the balcony to allow the scooter to fit into the cabin, and this is the way I was told to work it out.

I hope this helps

4 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

I agree although at least with Wonder there are more places for scenery like the Vue Bar. Even inside the ship, the Mason Jar has great views. 

The Vue bar has been closing every evening at 21.00

Mason Jar bar has excellent views although quite small and has about five floor to ceiling windows with rocking chairs in front of them.

4 hours ago, PolytheneGirl said:

Yes. We were handed them at every stop. We had some with us anyways. 

There were two left in our stateroom on embarkation.

They didn’t issue us with any additional ones when we got off for the day having said that we’ve only got off twice.

9 hours ago, LEMJMcC said:

Can you tell me if there is access to the bow of the ship?  I've it a great place to watch the ocean on other ships.

Thanks

No there isn’t or at least we’ve found none.

The best place would probably be near the entrance either side of the Ultimate Abyss

They do however have the traditional viewing platform wings either side of the solarium.

10 hours ago, LEMJMcC said:

We were on the Oasis when the three "sisters" met up for a photo op off Ft. Lauderdale and were invited out to the heliport on the bow.  I believe the access was on deck 4 starboard side and restricted most of the time to special invites only.  Not sure how Wonder is set up, but I doubt you can just wander out to the bow.