Currently on Wonder if anyone needs any updates

5 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

Thanks for this, most of the entertainers are the same as we had on our Transatlantic in April, apart from Pablo in the Cask & Clipper, he's new.   We had a Scots guitarist called Kevin who was great, and we're hoping he's back for the October TA when we get back onboard.

@Cruise Gopherwhen we were on the ship in April there was a pianist in the Schooner Bar on Deck 6.

@Norwich Cruiserthanks for your updates during you vacation, very much appreciated, 10 weeks from now and we'll be back on the ship.  

ps Where is the scary glass next to the Glass Ball that was mentioned a few posts back?

I’m wondering if Little Britain has a photograph to help you hopefully she may read this post and attach one for you I completely forgot to take one.

Sorry about that.

9 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

I’m wondering if Little Britain has a photograph to help you hopefully she may read this post and attach one for you I completely forgot to take one.

Sorry about that.

Thanks for such helpful posts and taking the time during your holiday to answer questions.  We keep meaning to try one of the big ships but apart from 5 days on Allure years ago haven't got round to it. 

Checking out your avatar, we use to live in Norfolk in our pre teens and teens and both my brothers are avid Norwich City fans to this day and still watch matches when they can, even though we all live in the south of England now 

On 8/19/2022 at 12:09 PM, LEMJMcC said:

Photo would be appreciated...I like scary things...

@texmex.ferr - sorry - scary floor is on Odyssey by the bouncy ball thing - but I believe there is the wings on the side of the solarium still ? I’m on WN again in a few weeks and will check 

@Norwich Cruiser - hope you had a great trip… now it’s time to get the washing on! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thanks for such helpful posts and taking the time during your holiday to answer questions.  We keep meaning to try one of the big ships but apart from 5 days on Allure years ago haven't got round to it. 

Checking out your avatar, we use to live in Norfolk in our pre teens and teens and both my brothers are avid Norwich City fans to this day and still watch matches when they can, even though we all live in the south of England now 

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

I live five minutes from Carrow Road and the railway station just off the Yarmouth Road.

Watching the Canaries certainly is a roller coaster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

@texmex.ferr - sorry - scary floor is on Odyssey by the bouncy ball thing - but I believe there is the wings on the side of the solarium still ? I’m on WN again in a few weeks and will check 

@Norwich Cruiser - hope you had a great trip… now it’s time to get the washing on! 

Yes I thought maybe you meant the ships wings they are still pretty scary though.

The bottom floor of the solarium as you know has fantastic views.

We never visited the diamond lounge once I did walk past it one evening and there were only two people in it just used the vouchers in other bars and around the pool.

Still enjoy Central Park and the Trellis Bar in the evening.

I believe the washing  is nearly finished just the ironing to do.

Sorry for the late question and don't know if it has already been asked or answered. Did Johnny Rockets have complimentary breakfast during your cruise, since the other Oasis class ships do that? TIA and welcome home!

Oh and did you happen to dine at Hooked; if so, how was it?

Edited by SilkySal
add

3 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Sorry for the late question and don't know if it has already been asked or answered. Did Johnny Rockets have complimentary breakfast during your cruise, since the other Oasis class ships do that? TIA and welcome home!

Oh and did you happen to dine at Hooked; if so, how was it?

We never dined at any speciality restaurant on this cruise the MDR food was excellent.

No speciality restaurant when I wondered past especially Major Jar and those on Central Park hardly had anyone dining in them.

I’m told that they we’re offering at breakfast a 40% discount by waiters in the windjammer and the solarium bistro to dine in them.

I actually never saw them but my daughter and her family were asked.

Johnny Rockets had complimentary breakfast every day.

We had breakfast most days on an outside table in the solarium bistro.

14 hours ago, little britain said:

We're not back on until October, for the TA, so if you're on before then, would appreciate if it is there.   We did mean to have a look in April, but we never got round to it.   We also missed the same part on Harmony when we did the TA in October 2016.     Too many things to do on these ships.   Enjoy your trip @little britain

• Like 1

@Norwich Cruiser do you recall what the earliest My Time Dining time was? I’ve been reading lots of threads about other ships where people say it doesn’t start until 6:45pm and long lines etc. (not specifically about Wonder of the Seas). 

So I am wondering if you can share your experiences or observations from Wonder of the Seas specifically?

thanks!

4 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

@Norwich Cruiser do you recall what the earliest My Time Dining time was? I’ve been reading lots of threads about other ships where people say it doesn’t start until 6:45pm and long lines etc. (not specifically about Wonder of the Seas). 

So I am wondering if you can share your experiences or observations from Wonder of the Seas specifically?

thanks!

In the app for my upcoming Wonder MTD runs 7:15-9:30.   Last time I was on I think MTD ended at 9 but as diners were still arriving much later than this, they have obviously moved it to accommodate the Spanish/ European habits. I bet people will still be coming into the dining room later than 9:30 though! 

TD Early is 6 and late is 8:30
I sail 9/25. 

Edited by little britain

thanks!

Last week.

My Time 7.15 to 9.30 deck 4

Main seating 6.00 decks 3 4 and 5

Second sitting 8.30 decks 3 and 5

Windjammer 5.30 to 9.30 deck 15

We did second sitting at 8.30 on deck 5 and it was excellent 

There was the usual long line the first night only that we noticed for My Time

8 hours ago, little britain said:

In the app for my upcoming Wonder MTD runs 7:15-9:30.   Last time I was on I think MTD ended at 9 but as diners were still arriving much later than this, they have obviously moved it to accommodate the Spanish/ European habits. I bet people will still be coming into the dining room later than 9:30 though! 

TD Early is 6 and late is 8:30
I sail 9/25. 

I booked all my MTD reservations months ago for my Wonder sailing in two weeks.  I have a 7:00 pm reservation every night, except for the Florence and Rome port days. Certainly hope that won't be a problem.

Omg 7:15! That is pretty late. Maybe I should switch us to Main seating as we usually like to go around 6. 

If that’s the case I’d definitely try and switch to Main Seating before you sail.

Or definitely go to the dining room on deck five on embarkation and see if they’ can change you pretty sure they’ll be able to.

• Thanks 1