Government Issued COVID Tests with OnPoint Teleservice

mickeychicky

FOR UNVACCINATED:   Does anyone know if there is any truth to being able to used the "free" governments COVID Tests and paying for the Certified Teleservice Virtual Appointments thru OnPoint?    Carnival says "all unvaccinated guests age 2 and older must provide the negative result of a lab-administered or supervised self-administered PCR or antigen COVID test taken up to 3 days before embarkation.

Test Anywhere with a Video Appointment Using Any Over The Counter Approved Home Test and Receive Lab Certified Results!

• Virtual Appointment with Onpoint Testing Assistant
  • Lab Certified Results Approved For Travel
  • Can be Used With Any At Home Over The Counter Test
  • One Person Per Appointment

Anyone have any info on this?  TIA

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theckenlady said:

You register with on point testing and they will watch/monitor you taking the free tests you were provided. They will then send you the results via email so you can print that up for your cruise. 

Yes I read all that, but it this an acceptable method rather than the AbbottBinax Tests you purchase and then go thru EMed ?  This is a much cheaper alternative using one of the free tests and then only paying like $16 for the supervised virtual visit.  Of course I got a Carnival employee that wanted to just read thru what is on the website and didn't know.

25 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

Yes I read all that, but it this an acceptable method rather than the AbbottBinax Tests you purchase and then go thru EMed ?  This is a much cheaper alternative using one of the free tests and then only paying like $16 for the supervised virtual visit.  Of course I got a Carnival employee that wanted to just read thru what is on the website and didn't know.

It was fine on Royal a couple of months ago, so I'm guessing it's probably also fine with Carnival.

49 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

It's fine.  I'm vaccinated and used it recently for a cruise.  It meets Carnival's requirements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is the same question I am wondering, too. I have read a few places on this site where people have done just that, but the Carnival site is seriously lacking it the specifics so what if I get a clueless person checking me in and I'm denied entry? They need a list of what tests you can use other than "any over the counter test". So, not FDA approved? I ordered the free gov't tests and haven't received them yet, but assume they're FDA approved (EUA, of course because they're a joke). I would also love to hear as many tried-and-true cases of your question to give me the warm fuzzies before I get on that plane. 

2 minutes ago, Bers said:

This is the same question I am wondering, too. I have read a few places on this site where people have done just that, but the Carnival site is seriously lacking it the specifics so what if I get a clueless person checking me in and I'm denied entry? They need a list of what tests you can use other than "any over the counter test". So, not FDA approved? I ordered the free gov't tests and haven't received them yet, but assume they're FDA approved (EUA, of course because they're a joke). I would also love to hear as many tried-and-true cases of your question to give me the warm fuzzies before I get on that plane. 

The ones from the post office (the gov't ones) are FDA approved, for EAU and there is even a QR code on the side of the box along with an app to download for taking the test. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mickeychicky said:

yes, it is accepted. we used it our last cruise on Carnival

• Like 2

We're cruising NCL to Alaska and a search for ONPOINT here pulled up this thread. Here's my question...

For those of you scheduling an Onpoint  online test, how far ahead of time did you schedule your appt? Did you have any issues with their schedule being full and not getting your desired Zoom appt time?

Our cruise is Sept 10 and I don't want to schedule Onpoint quite yet on the off chance Canada changes their requirements. Thanks.

Denise

19 minutes ago, Sundiego said:

We're cruising NCL to Alaska and a search for ONPOINT here pulled up this thread. Here's my question...

For those of you scheduling an Onpoint  online test, how far ahead of time did you schedule your appt? Did you have any issues with their schedule being full and not getting your desired Zoom appt time?

Our cruise is Sept 10 and I don't want to schedule Onpoint quite yet on the off chance Canada changes their requirements. Thanks.

Denise

Funny story!  We live in the Eastern time zone and were in Seattle when we tested.  Apparently, my math skills are deficient and I scheduled my appointment for what I thought was 9:00 Seattle time, but it was 8:00 and we missed it.  I was able to schedule a new appointment at 9:10 for 9:30 the same day without issues.  I would say that you would have no problem waiting to schedule your time.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bettyboop16 said:

Last time we ordered test from postal service/gov. We were sent "Clinitest" by Siemens. Does anyone know if the test is acceptable?

If it's on this list:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

It is FDA approved at valid for a proctored test with Onpoint. We used them July with no issues at all.

• Like 1

We purchased the tele-service with OnPoint yesterday, for our August 27th cruise. Immediately after the purchase, you’ll receive your order number, and will be asked to set up the appointment. (plenty of time slots) And just like ‘schoifmom’, we had to be sure we chose the correct time zone as well. That’s important. 

I communicated with OnPoint via the chat on their website. Here’s what I learned:

They can accommodate up to 4 paid patients per appointment. (with one proctor, in one time slot, same video call link.) You just have to buy the tele-service for each person, and then register each person within the patient portal ahead of the appointment. After you register each person in the portal, you’ll receive a confirmation code that you will give to the proctor during the appointment. 

We also found this video helpful when we deciding to use OnPoint for our upcoming virtual pre cruise Covid test.

Edited by jemrtt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2022 at 10:48 AM, DnD CruiserZ said:

We just scheduled Aug 31st for a Sep 3rd cruise. No issues and it appeared lots of time slots available but I was not really paying attention other than looking for the time we wanted.

Same.  Will sail MG on Sept 3.  This morning I scheduled my test with OnPoint for August 31.  

• Thanks 1

Stick with what works, eMed, never had an issue, with the OnPoint system a YouTuber not only lost money but they called or email him to start a few hour earlier then what he had booked so they missed their appointment. They had to find a place last minute to test.

Lucky this is over with the exception of Canada now.