Request: if boarding in SOUTHAMPTON between now & August 30th:

Ombud

Request: if boarding in SOUTHAMPTON between now & August 30th, can you please let me know if the port authorities (or check in personnel if done by Princess) requested a copy of your covid test results?? Princess is all over the board:

Website -> not needed, attest only

Chat -> added ArriveCAN.  I don't go anywhere near Alaska

CVP -> medically assisted test needed

3 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

I’m boarding on the 20th and printed the email they sent me that said I only have to attest to a negative test in my health questionnaire. 

When did you get the email?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

Princess is all over the board:

Chat -> added ArriveCAN.  I don't go anywhere near Alaska [meant Canada]

Fixed. 

Edited by Ombud

13 hours ago, Ombud said:

Request: if boarding in SOUTHAMPTON between now & August 30th, can you please let me know if the port authorities (or check in personnel if done by Princess) requested a copy of your covid test results?? Princess is all over the board:

we are in the same situation we got two different answers from the chat... very confusing..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

When did you get the email?

I received the email August 10th. All our booking information was also included in the email. 

Thank you for your attention to this notification.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

UPDATED COVID-19 TESTING REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR CRUISE

We are pleased to advise that we have updated our COVID-19 testing requirements for your cruise. Tests are no longer required to be medically observed, and we have updated our acceptable test types to include Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) that are performed at home.

All guests ages five and older must take a viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) within three days prior to embarkation. Guests are not required to produce a test certificate; however, they will be asked to confirm that the test has been taken with a negative result as part of the pre-boarding health declaration. Guests under five years of age are exempt from pre-cruise testing.

We look forward to welcoming you on board.

22 hours ago, Ombud said:

We boarded the Emerald Aug 13 in Southampton, and were asked VERBALLY if we had taken the test.  And had to show proof of vaccination.  That is all.  We got the email sometime between Aug 5-12 (didn't notice date, but we were "off the grid" on the QM2 without internet, so it came as a delightful surprise!!)

• Thanks 1

We also boarded the Emerald Princess on Aug. 13 in Southampton. We were asked for our passports, proof of vaccination and were asked verbally if we tested negative prior to arrival at the port. We were on the ship before 11:30am, around fifteen minutes after arriving at the port by taxi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2022 at 2:16 PM, Level six said:

We also got the email that says only verbal confirmation needed.  We board the Island on the 28th.

I board shortly after you (Sept 2nd) so my guess is I should get one maybe by Monday 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 12:28 AM, Ombud said:

No checks at all. We were asked if we'd had the vaccinations but that was all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FWIW there will be unvaccinated onboard. Chat misunderstood and requested our waiver for this voyage. I was inquiring about next summer

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1