Boarding Zone??

ULCajunCruiser

Can anyone explain Boarding Zones to me???   I checked in early and got a 10:30 arrival time, but I'm also in boarding zone B03!   Is this good, bad, or doesn't matter??   I'm on the Glory leaving out of New Orleans on Sunday.

Edited by ULCajunCruiser
spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Can anyone explain Boarding Zones to me???   I checked in early and got a 10:30 arrival time, but I'm also in boarding zone B03!   Is this good, bad, or doesn't matter??   I'm on the Glory leaving out of New Orleans on Sunday.

It won't make much difference, but I am a bit surprised you got B03 for a 10:30 - 11 arrival time. I took a quick look at our last four Glory cruises and what we had:

December 2021 10:30 -11 A01

January  2022 10:30 - 11 B01

February 2022 10:30 - 11 B01

April 2022 10 - 10:30 A01

We usually don't pick the earliest time since we drive a bit over an hour to the terminal and I sleep as late as my wife will allow (I wish she would let me sleep till 10). We have found very little difference in when we got on the ship from A01 to B01. They generally start boarding at about 11. Also, how many are in any given group and how many numbers are within each alphabet letter seems to vary a lot. On one of those cruises we were B01 but they only had A01 and A02 before they called B01.

3 hours ago, Wennfred said:

B03 is his boarding Zone and not his Muster Stations.

Muster Stations are 1 Letter.

150ED22C-5231-4A6F-ABEF-672520EEB09A.jpeg

Muster stations aren't always a single letter. Maybe on the very small ships. For instance on the Magic, there is A3, A4, A5, B3, B4, C4, D4, E3, E4.

Though you are correct where boarding zones have absolutely nothing to do with muster stations. 

10 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

It means you'll be in the third group out of B zone to board, so you might not set foot on the ship until 11AM-ish. (i'd assume earlier unless you get a bunch of uptight jerkoffs showing up earlier than their assigned time trying to be the first on board, clogging things up)

Hopefully it won't ruin your cruise.