No testing for the vaccinated on cruises under 10 days!

ileys

18 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

What about b2b cruises I am heading on Sept.24 ?

7 day followed by 8 day ?

This was posted on Celebrity's website.  I have a b2b on Royal then Celebrity in December.  I guess its wait and see on board.

Back-to-Back-Sailings

Testing for back-to-back sailings is not required for all sailings. Guests will be notified onboard if testing is required and will be provided testing at no cost if needed.

This back-to-back testing policy applies to any combination of sailings on any ships within the Royal Caribbean Group which includes Celebrity Cruises, Royal Caribbean International and SilverSea.  Guests joining from other cruise lines not in the Royal Carribean Group family must follow all of our testing requirements in order to board our ships.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, puerto penasco lady said:

Dang, I sail Sept 4.  But glad testing is going away.  Won't have to test for the other 14 cruises I have booked.

14 more booked? Goodness. I wonder what the record is for most booked cruises?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stealthdog said:

This was posted on Celebrity's website.  I have a b2b on Royal then Celebrity in December.  I guess its wait and see on board.

Back-to-Back-Sailings

Testing for back-to-back sailings is not required for all sailings. Guests will be notified onboard if testing is required and will be provided testing at no cost if needed.

This back-to-back testing policy applies to any combination of sailings on any ships within the Royal Caribbean Group which includes Celebrity Cruises, Royal Caribbean International and SilverSea.  Guests joining from other cruise lines not in the Royal Carribean Group family must follow all of our testing requirements in order to board our ships.

Thank You Stealthdog

1 minute ago, LobsterStalker said:

7 day +8 day = 10+

10+ still needs to test...?!

That is the confirmation I was seeking . 

Its difficult to understand..technically its longer then 10 days however their wording says itinerarys less then 10 days which yours are technically are. The FAQs have some information on changing ships and back to back.under FAQs for "can i book a back to back cruise at this time?" Sorry cant add the link.

37 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Yay!!! Finally!

I can now start booking cruises with my unvaxxed granddaughter!!

?? Nothing was mentioned about changing current vaccination policies yet. Only testing of vaccinated cruisers.

Previously everyone had to be tested before cruising and provide negative test.  Most people ended up getting covid after the cruise.  Now no testing.  People have to realize this is a virus and at some point you are going to contract it.  No amount of shots and boosters prevent the new flu type.  We just have to step out in faith and go for it.  We don't sail until October, but are going to Canada so we will have to get a test unless Canada realizes nothing will prevent this new type of virus.  Wear 4 layers of masks if you are scared of catching anything, but if you can still smell a fart thru your masks, I believe you can still get sick.  So sorry.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, cured said:

?? Nothing was mentioned about changing current vaccination policies yet. Only testing of vaccinated cruisers.

Unvaccinated travelers can join us for almost all U.S. sailings.

Starting with September 5thdepartures, guests who are not vaccinated can sail on almost all cruises from the U.S. (except itineraries that visit Canada or Bermuda). More details. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ramja96 said:

That's a curious one ..... are you supposed to take a picture of your test result with your phone??? I don't think they want you bringing the physical test strip with you. Or maybe they do ...... 🤔

From the website  "you can show a picture of your negative home test on your phone, or present the actual negative test itself."  

I just purchased the test and booked teleservice bundle and checked my email for confirmation and received the RCI email!!! Ugh!!! 

I checked yesterday and it was still required.  Oh well.  It's only $30.  

• Like 1