No testing for the vaccinated on cruises under 10 days!

ileys

7 hours ago, artvlay said:

So does anyone know what these unsupervised tests are called? 

Take a photo of the test, with the person holding a negative result. Most of the tests have a QR code on the box, so (I believe) you can register your results. We have both IHealth and Flowflex test kits from the pharmacies and government that work the same. It is really not that difficult, that it should cause confusion. 

18 hours ago, georgemoe said:

Agreed this is odd. Sailing Sep 18 which includes stops in Canada so need to test. Have appointment setup with OnPoint on the 16th. I guess I can cancel that now and get a refund. How you present proof of the test should be interesting. I'll stay tuned.

Let us know if you are able to get a refund. I remember reading when I booked it said no refunds.

20 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Of course I would be sailing Sept 4th haha 

We leave on the 3rd.  I wish they just made it the 1st of the month.  Many of our test sites have closed down, but did manage to get an appointment.

oh well, maybe this will be the last time for us to test🤞

Edited by TinkBellaMom
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other, I'm not cruising anytime soon. Cruise Lines can do anything they want.

Obviously it does as this is what you said "No opinion, on grounds I may be hammered. "

Anyway, we'll happily cruise without testing.  I guarantee that there are people who have been cruising using faked test results.  I mean, how hard is it for someone who has a clue about using graphics to create one?  I could do it, but we have been following the rules even though we thought they were very outdated and unnecessary.

Our next cruise (b2b) is Nov 6 and 13th on Jewel.  So ready to go again with everything back to normal.  Now, all crew need to be able to not wear a mask and not be tested unless sick.

Edited by BND
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I cant believe they are removing vaccine mandates before they do away with testing for vaccinated pax, specifically Transatlantic cruises or any cruise over 10days. 

I have two 7 night cruises on Wonder in Oct., (now not having to get tested) then staying on for the 14 night TA.   I don't plan on leaving the ship on TAD for the TA...so the ship will have to decide what to do with us for that one.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Pharmacies here in PA are charging something like $10 to $20 per kit for the same ones you can order online from USPS for free.  

Walmart is selling the Abbott 2 pack for $20.  Lots of stock in my local store.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BinaxNOW-COVID-19-Antigen-Self-Test-by-Abbott-2-Count/142089281?athbdg=L1600

12 hours ago, tottenhamfc said:

I believe the issue is more that all countries are not in alignment. Most are onside but some require assistance from the cruiselines to keep their country as safe as possible. Regardless of what we all assume, the only problem is lack of clarity in communication. they should take the time to individualize current requirements with a color coded system for each and every cruise. If its green, nothing is required, yellow requires your attention, vaxxed and or testing and red is both must be vaccinated and tested. From their they can describe particulars for your cruise.

That initially sounded like a great plan to me , but upon thinking it through a bit , I think the nature of how often things change and ar likely to continue changing makes it a lot more complicated.

I guess bottomline is when dealing with millions of people , not just onboard your ships , but across many countries as well , it is going to remain complicated... 

..... Until it's not , when ALL restrictions can be gone and we resume the normal operation of LIFE !

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Walmart is selling the Abbott 2 pack for $20.  Lots of stock in my local store.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BinaxNOW-COVID-19-Antigen-Self-Test-by-Abbott-2-Count/142089281?athbdg=L1600

Those aren't proctored tests, so that's still $10 per kit vs. freebies from USPS and also MOST Health Insurance providers will let you buy 8 of these $10 tests per month for $0 CoPay.

If you have private or employer health insurance, you probably can get these type for free. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Those aren't proctored tests, so that's still $10 per kit vs. freebies from USPS and also MOST Health Insurance providers will let you buy 8 of these $10 tests per month for $0 CoPay.

If you have private or employer health insurance, you probably can get these type for free. 

Yes I realize that.  But if you are in a pinch and need to pick some up quick and don't want to wait for the taxpayer funded ones this is a quick and easy option. Also,  as of Sept 5 no proctoring required anymore.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes I realize that.  But if you are in a pinch and need to pick some up quick and don't want to wait for the taxpayer funded ones this is a quick and easy option. Also,  as of Sept 5 no proctoring required anymore.

Thank you!  I cringe every time I hear someone call these tests "free"!  We (well, most of us) are paying for them.  Unfortunately, those of us cruising to Canada (or Bermuda) still have to proctor.  ☹️

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Thank you!  I cringe every time I hear someone call these tests "free"!  We (well, most of us) are paying for them.  Unfortunately, those of us cruising to Canada (or Bermuda) still have to proctor.  ☹️

I'm doing an Alaskan cruise this Friday.  I'm hoping that this is not only my last proctored test but my last test ever.  🙂 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

We never ordered any but we have 8.  My MIL passed away a year ago.  A couple of months ago, we got a package in the mail addressed to her (all her mail has been forwarded to our house).  It was 8 tests.  All we can figure is the Senior apt facility she was living in ordered them for all the residents and even though she has passed, she was still on a mailing list they had.  We also have two Abbott tests we purchased from Optum.  But, none of this was free.  It's like when people in countries with nationalized health care talk about their "free" care.  When I point out that nothing is free, I get hit with "well I didn't pay for my surgery, appointments, RX, etc.  Except, yeah, you did just not at the time of the service.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BND said:

Obviously it does as this is what you said "No opinion, on grounds I may be hammered. "

Anyway, we'll happily cruise without testing.  I guarantee that there are people who have been cruising using faked test results.  I mean, how hard is it for someone who has a clue about using graphics to create one?  I could do it, but we have been following the rules even though we thought they were very outdated and unnecessary.

Our next cruise (b2b) is Nov 6 and 13th on Jewel.  So ready to go again with everything back to normal.  Now, all crew need to be able to not wear a mask and not be tested unless sick.

Even when stating in a post I said I had no opinion...I still got bashed..members on here couldn't wait to quote me...Just couldn't read it and move on.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BND said:

We never ordered any but we have 8.  My MIL passed away a year ago.  A couple of months ago, we got a package in the mail addressed to her (all her mail has been forwarded to our house).  It was 8 tests.  All we can figure is the Senior apt facility she was living in ordered them for all the residents and even though she has passed, she was still on a mailing list they had.  We also have two Abbott tests we purchased from Optum.  But, none of this was free.  It's like when people in countries with nationalized health care talk about their "free" care.  When I point out that nothing is free, I get hit with "well I didn't pay for my surgery, appointments, RX, etc.  Except, yeah, you did just not at the time of the service.  

Since I paid for them, I ordered them.  We've only used two so far, so I think we have over a dozen left.  I'll be using a couple with Rapid Test and Trace for our upcoming Canada cruise unless by some miracle they end their requirement.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2022 at 11:12 AM, rrraydon said:

Yay!!! Finally!

I can now start booking cruises with my unvaxxed granddaughter!!

Too late for me to do that this year, but I can't wait until next summer.

5 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Since I paid for them, I ordered them.  We've only used two so far, so I think we have over a dozen left.  I'll be using a couple with Rapid Test and Trace for our upcoming Canada cruise unless by some miracle they end their requirement.

Our b2b in Nov is all Caribbean/Bahamas.  Our spring cruise is a 12 night Caribbean.  None of those need testing as I expect it won't be long before the length of cruise won't matter.   Next fall we're doing a b2b on Jewel (Canada/NE all the way up to Quebec City and return) so that's the only possible need for tests but all of ours expire before then anyway.

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Our b2b in Nov is all Caribbean/Bahamas.  Our spring cruise is a 12 night Caribbean.  None of those need testing as I expect it won't be long before the length of cruise won't matter.   Next fall we're doing a b2b on Jewel (Canada/NE all the way up to Quebec City and return) so that's the only possible need for tests but all of ours expire before then anyway.

Maybe (hopefully!) by then Canada will decide that cruise ships are not petri dishes full of COVID and drop the testing requirement, treating them like any other mode of transportation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rudeney said:

Maybe (hopefully!) by then Canada will decide that cruise ships are not petri dishes full of COVID and drop the testing requirement, treating them like any other mode of transportation.

Don’t hold your breath on that one. I think Canada might be the last country to drop restrictions.  I’d go with 2023 for cruise travel.

• Like 1