Celebrity Protocols are Changing Again Starting September 5

Host Anne

Thanks for sharing.  So, it looks like that for my cruise in November on the Millennium, I won't have to test.  At all.  I guess I approve of this message, though I'm almost certain to test just before boarding anyway (I have several gummint tests to get through).

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Does "We will begin accepting self-tests" essentially mean the honor system?  I guess we've already somewhat been there since it's so easy to doctor/forge vax cards and/or test results.

Essentially.  Another cruise line makes you pinky swear and check off a box that says you've taken a test and it was negative.  I assume Celebrity will require less of a show.

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

No vaccinations required from 5th September either according to their Twitter page when sailing from US and Europe. 

I believe unvaccinated still need a negative test. 

- Unvaccinated guests ages 5 and older will need to test 3 days prior to boarding U.S. sailings (excluding Canada and Bermuda); and ages 12 and older for select Europe sailings.

Edited by PTC DAWG

So the Pacific Coastal cruise starting in Vancouver and going to the US still requires a monitored test, right? Even for Canadians? I was a little confused when I read through the directions.

Edited by SusieV

1 hour ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

What if your on a back to back?  We have two 7 day back to back sailings in Oct

This is straight from the celebrity website.  Looks like testing probably won't be required, but you will be notified on board if needed (and will be provided testing at no cost).  This is applicable to Celebrity/Royal/SilverSeas B2B combos.  EDIT - this applies to sailings out of US ports that don't go to Bermuda or Canada.

Updated US Travel Requirements (celebritycruises.com)

Back-to-Back-Sailings

Testing for back-to-back sailings is not required for all sailings. Guests will be notified onboard if testing is required and will be provided testing at no cost if needed.

This back-to-back testing policy applies to any combination of sailings on any ships within the Royal Caribbean Group which includes Celebrity Cruises, Royal Caribbean International and SilverSea.  Guests joining from other cruise lines not in the Royal Carribean Group family must follow all of our testing requirements in order to board our ships.

Edited by Stealthdog
Clarifying
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's the details from Celebrity's site regarding testing, found at https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/updated-us-travel-requirements

Testing Requirements

Vaccinated Guests

For all sailings 9 nights or less, no pre-boarding testing is required.

For all sailings 10 nights or longer, vaccinated guests must present a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to boarding. Test results from any commercially available Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be supervised or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test. Antibody tests are not accepted.

Hi, 

I am sailing on the Celebrity Infinity on a seven-day Caribbean cruise that departs from Ft. Lauderdale on Sep. 3, 2022. I am fully vaccinated, but it looks like the testing requirement still applies to me since my cruise departs before Sep. 5, 2022.

Chuck 

The first X sailing that won't require testing is on Sept 8th, an Equinox 9 nighter to GC and the ABCs.

Sept 5th is labor day, I checked and while there were 5 ships sailing on that day, all would still require testing.  Same for Sept 6th and 7th.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf