Recommendations for Private Transport from Prague to Passau for Danube Cruise

skinnylegs

Hi, we need transport for 4 from Prague to Passau to join our Uniworld Danube cruise. We chose to do this pre-cruise city on our own. We'd like to stop in Cesky Krumlov for a few hours. Has anyone used a car service that they would recommend?  We are considering Prague Transport. Our travel advisor also mentioned Carey International. Thank you!

At the turn of the century, we rented a car in Zurich and drove around Germany/Austria and to Prague and back. (All LHD modern highways).  

If your group would consider a rental vehicle {which allows flexibility on En-route diversions}, you might consider contacting  AutoEurope (an intermediary that has favorable arrangements with most international rental car companies).    International drivers' permits used to be a one-day visit to AAA and a modest fee [~$15].  There were minor issues with insurances, but a good international travel CC should cover the CDW issue.  Check with your domestic auto policy insurer and CC about liability coverages internationally--most rental car companies include CGL exposures at modest levels and supplemental protection is available.

The cross-border drop charge may be prohibitive, but worth an inquiry. 

2 hours ago, hihandycap said:

At the turn of the century, we rented a car in Zurich and drove around Germany/Austria and to Prague and back.

My age is showing – I had to read this twice not to think of 1900 🤣

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, skinnylegs said:

Hi, we need transport for 4 from Prague to Passau to join our Uniworld Danube cruise. We chose to do this pre-cruise city on our own. We'd like to stop in Cesky Krumlov for a few hours. Has anyone used a car service that they would recommend?  We are considering Prague Transport. Our travel advisor also mentioned Carey International. Thank you!

A few years ago we used this company, link below, for multi city and multi country travel between Prague to Nuremberg, Nuremberg to Vienna and Vienna to Budapest.  Excellent company, quick response to help us book the above over a 2 week period..  You can choose your vehicle size and get an instant quote, new, clean vehicles and each of our drivers were very nice.  
we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.  Have a great trip.

https://myeurotaxi.com/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

My age is showing – I had to read this twice not to think of 1900 🤣

13 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I did the same double take. 

As my granddaughters tell me,”Grandpop, you’re so old, but funny.”

22 hours ago, skinnylegs said:

We used this company a few years ago at the end of our Uniworld cruise and going in the opposite direction, with a stop in Cesky Krumlov. Everything was terrific and I highly recommend the company. https://www.private-prague-guide.com/passau-cesky-krumlov-prague-tours/

• Like 1

Three years ago, we booked a shuttle through this company for a Prague to Passau transfer, with a stop in Cesky Krumlov. https://www.praguetransport.com/

This was for a June 2020 river cruise (which obviously did not happen).  When we finally took a version of that cruise at the end of May, 2022, this time we ended up getting an extension directly from Uniworld, so we never needed a private transfer, and did not end up using this company.  Of course, we didn't end up getting a stop in Cesky Krumlov, either.  

I found the company after searching for options on the internet.  Their TripAdvisor reviews are outstanding, and the story (as I recall it) is that Chris was an American who studied abroad, met his wife, and decided to stay and start this company 20 years ago.  I am sorry that we never got a chance to use them.  I remember that there were a number of companies with similar names, but the link above is to the correct company.

Tom & Judy

3 hours ago, bubbulz said:

We used this company a few years ago at the end of our Uniworld cruise and going in the opposite direction, with a stop in Cesky Krumlov. Everything was terrific and I highly recommend the company. https://www.private-prague-guide.com/passau-cesky-krumlov-prague-tours/

We just used this company (owned by Jay Pesta) for our transfer from Vilshofen (just up river from Passau) to Prague.  Driver Robert was right on time in a beautiful Mercedes.    We also booked them to take us to the airport (at 4am) for a 6:30 flight.  Robert arrived in a MB Van.  4 people for them is no problem.  I highly recommend them.  They still offer a Krumlov sidetour.  Make sure CK is not on your boat's excursion offerings.  You may be able to use their tour instead of the car company.  Hope you spend a night in Passau.  It's lovely.

On 8/23/2022 at 11:28 AM, skinnylegs said:

I just posted about Private Prague Guide.  I have the owner's WhatsApp number if you want it.

Edited by marieps

10 minutes ago, marieps said:

We just used this company (owned by Jay Pesta) for our transfer from Vilshofen (just up river from Passau) to Prague.  Driver Robert was right on time in a beautiful Mercedes.    We also booked them to take us to the airport (at 4am) for a 6:30 flight.  Robert arrived in a MB Van.  4 people for them is no problem.  I highly recommend them.  They still offer a Krumlov sidetour.  Make sure CK is not on your boat's excursion offerings.  You may be able to use their tour instead of the car company.  Hope you spend a night in Passau.  It's lovely.

Yes, Jay the owner was terrific… Great communication. We also used him and his company for a private tour of Prague. And once again everything was great. 

Just now, bubbulz said:

Yes, Jay the owner was terrific… Great communication. We also used him and his company for a private tour of Prague. And once again everything was great. 

It's such a pleasure when a vendor delivers as promised, especially when we're in Central Europe with not much of a safety net.  

• Like 1

Thank you for your suggestions! We have several good options. I put in a request in to Private Prague Guide because it includes a tour of Cesky Krumlov (and also has good ratings on Trip Advisor) and we will use Prague Transport if they are not available. I will report back after our trip in September.

We traveled from Prague to Nuremburg to meet up with our Scenic cruise in 2915. We had the concierge at the hotel book us passage on a bus. It turned out to be great. They had two sections on the bus and we had the " First class" type seats with limited seats. our four seats were around a table and faced each other. No problem  at all and a very good experience. Sorry, I don't remember the Cost>