How to know if cabin sleeps more than 2

A while back someone posted how I can see if a cabin sleeps more than 2. I'm afraid I don't remember what to do. I want to make sure there is no pull down bunk in our cabin. Thanks for your help. 🙂

I've often stayed in rooms zoned for 3+ but in that that other bunk is fully flush into the ceiling it doesn't matter. I just see a line in the ceiling. Which ship class are you looking at? 

10 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I've often stayed in rooms zoned for 3+ but in that that other bunk is fully flush into the ceiling it doesn't matter. I just see a line in the ceiling. Which ship class are you looking at? 

Royal class, the Enchanted. And I just figured out how to check on it! Thanks so much for responding. 🙂

Edited by 1965

When you look at the deck plans, there are different symbols in the cabins that tell you if there is a sofa bed, upper bunk, etc.  your section of inside cabins are all for two only.  If the deck plans you are looking at do not show this, go to cruisedeckplans.com and learn to navigate their deck plans.  EM

• Thanks 1

Look at the deck plans on the Princess site. You will see this box:

image.png.1e79f3bc710bf9fd188290e33d819e36.png

You can change the number of guests:

image.png.442195141ef25b1675954c1a78c271c7.png

image.png.39cce029a3e20d6fdc7cf595b2018ad6.png

As you change the number of guests the cabins that support that number of guests are still highlighted on the deck plan and the cabins that don't support that number of guests are cleared.

Please note that, while Balcony cabins may support 3 guests with the third bed recessed into the ceiling unless it is actually being used, the Interior cabins that support 4 guests have the extra beds mounted on the walls and they stick out into the cabin even when they are folded up and not in use.

Additional Note: You can also check to see if the cabin has a connecting door with an adjacent cabin.

image.png.518b3d70942e9c9badafeb705e9602b7.png

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

It is two bad that you can't just see this by looking at the Princess Deck Plans!

I always open up a second split screen, easier than using the number of passengers option and then noting which ones show up for 3 or more, and which ones do not.

The deck plans on Cruise deck plans website will have the little symbol code on each cabin.  

Also shows adjoining cabins, where on Princess, you only see that when selecting each cabin and looking at the info that pops up.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

If it is a pull down bunk it stays in the ceiling if it isn't being used.  What difference would it make since you will never see it.

DON

The only difference is if a guest cares about losing some closet storage space to four life vests instead of the usual two.

True!  I hadn't thought of that, about the life vest.

The big thing that some people, and Princess newbies, might not know is that the problem wth the bunks on the wall is with the inside cabins.  No problem with Balcony cabins.  (Not sure about all ocean view cabins on ships with those.)

Just another mention of this, too.  About the number of guest in the cabin.  I know that if the two of us wanted a Deluxe Balcony, on the newer (Royal Class) ships, I can't book one, because they only show available for parties of three or four.  If I really wanted one right now, I would have to have our Princess Vacation Planner (princess travel rep) to see if we could find a work-around.

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

If it is a pull down bunk it stays in the ceiling if it isn't being used.  What difference would it make since you will never see it.

DON

We are retired teachers on a careful travel budget. We almost always book an inside. We booked a cabin a few yrs ago that we did not know had a pull down. It was folded up on the wall, not into the ceiling. It limited our ability to move around our cabin & there were some bumped heads. I don't remember if it was a Princess or Carnival ship. We did see it, did bump into it, & it did make a difference. 

Edited by 1965

2 minutes ago, 1965 said:

We boooked a cabin a few yrs ago that we did not know had a pull down. It was folded up on the wall, not into the ceiling. It limited our ability to move around our cabin & there were some bumped heads. I don't remember if it was a Princess or Carnival ship. We did see it, did bump into it, & it did make a difference. 

I have just learned something.  I did one cruise with a grandkid on Princess where she slept in the pull down bed and it came down from the ceiling.  It did not interfere during the day.  I don't remember which Princess ship it was.   

DON