Favorite ship and why?

On 8/25/2022 at 1:46 AM, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Top 5 reasons...... ?

Explorer

1-First ship we were on with Royal

2-First ship we enjoyed the Royal promenade

3-First ship we cruised out of NYC area (Bayonne)

4-The grandeur of the MDR

5-Great Gym with comp change rooms, sauna and steam (though sadly I hear Amping will ruin that)

Allure:

1-Best show at sea: Mamma Mia

2-Royal Promenade, Central Park, Boardwalk 

3-Best replica car in Royal Promenade 

4-Best track at Sea on Deck 5

5-Best gym at Sea on Deck 6

Anthem:

1-270!  Best venue at sea.  I can sit there during the day reading a book with a chair looking out at the ocean and sipping a latte. 

2-North Star: how cool is it to see the ship, sea and sometimes port from that high up

3-Silk, Grande, Chic, American Icon (when they first launched) with unique menus in each

4-Music Hall: great venue

5-Bumper Cars

Radiance was perfect for Alaska. Views everywhere and easy to get around.

Odyssey has 270 for a quiet, away from the WJ madness breakfast, and a great place to watch a docking. Lots of cool art too.

Sailing on Harmony very soon and anticipate liking that ship also. I guess I just like to cruise. 🙂 

7 minutes ago, TwinMamainMN said:

Radiance was perfect for Alaska. Views everywhere and easy to get around.

Odyssey has 270 for a quiet, away from the WJ madness breakfast, and a great place to watch a docking. Lots of cool art too.

Sailing on Harmony very soon and anticipate liking that ship also. I guess I just like to cruise. 🙂 

Have been on Harmony many times (she is flavor of the month at our local port 😉 ).    Thought last June was our last time on board, but were able to fit in the 9/18 cruise for one last "go round" before we head out to board new replacement Wonder.   Will be good to be able to say good bye to her one last time.  

• Like 1

Favorites in order:

Freedom class - Love the promenade 

Voyager class - Love the promenade (Love the art on Mariner)

Oasis Class - Love all the entertainment (hate the Windjammer)

Radiance Class - Love all the glass - Dislike the crowded Centrum area

Vision Class - Haven't been on one in a long time - getting old. I'd only book if itinerary was right

Monarch - Our first cruise but would not cruise that class again

Have not cruised on Quantum class yet.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Have been on Harmony many times (she is flavor of the month at our local port 😉 ).    Thought last June was our last time on board, but were able to fit in the 9/18 cruise for one last "go round" before we head out to board new replacement Wonder.   Will be good to be able to say good bye to her one last time.  

I like Harmony but I still think they made a big mistake not having a pool in the Solarium. I still like Harmony, but she is my least favorite Oasis class ship mainly because of the “missing” pool. I have 3 cruises booked on Wonder in the next 6 months, looking forward to checking out that ship. 

6 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I like Harmony but I still think they made a big mistake not having a pool in the Solarium. I still like Harmony, but she is my least favorite Oasis class ship mainly because of the “missing” pool. I have 3 cruises booked on Wonder in the next 6 months, looking forward to checking out that ship. 

I don't use the Solarium...so no big deal for me...and in fact totally forgot about Harmony having no pool there.  Not a deal breaker for me.  I do prefer the layout of the SL/CK on Oasis and Allure over Harmony and Symphony.  

Yes, flying to Barcelona on Oct. 13th.  Boarding Wonder for 2 loops around the Med on the 16th...then staying on for the TA to help usher her into her new port of PC (my home port)  🥰  Total 4 weeks.  Then back on again later for a B2B (same cabin).  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, island lady said:

I don't use the Solarium...so no big deal for me...and in fact totally forgot about Harmony having no pool there.  Not a deal breaker for me.  I do prefer the layout of the SL/CK on Oasis and Allure over Harmony and Symphony.  

Yes, flying to Barcelona on Oct. 13th.  Boarding Wonder for 2 loops around the Med on the 16th...then staying on for the TA to help usher her into her new port of PC (my home port)  🥰  Total 4 weeks.  Then back on again later for a B2B (same cabin).  😉 

Good point that there are probably a lot of people who don’t care about the Solarium lacking a pool on Harmony. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Good point that there are probably a lot of people who don’t care about the Solarium lacking a pool on Harmony. 

Actually I never use any of the pools...or hot tubs.  Not into "bacteria soup"...(Bubba drinking a bucket of beer with no break time).  🤢

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I notice the Wonder only has one hot tub in the Solarium. We really like the hot tubs in the Solarium and they are always occupied so I wonder why Wonder eliminated one.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Actually I never use any of the pools...or hot tubs.  Not into "bacteria soup"...(Bubba drinking a bucket of beer with no break time).  🤢

LOL. No bacteria could possibly live in the hot tubs. Whenever I use them, the chlorine bleaches my trunks to almost white!!! No exaggeration!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2022 at 7:34 AM, DustFSU said:

Whatever ship I go on next, which is Allure, but I have sailed on her before.  5 Reasons why

1. I'm on vacation

2. I'm not at work

3. A drink in my hand

4. Plenty of food to pick from

5. Another drink in my hand

I like this answer!  We have been on so many and we just love them all.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

LOL. No bacteria could possibly live in the hot tubs. Whenever I use them, the chlorine bleaches my trunks to almost white!!! No exaggeration!!

I still have a problem with "recycled Beer...no matter how treated".  😉 

20 hours ago, island lady said:

I still have a problem with "recycled Beer...no matter how treated".  😉 

I understand kids doing it but I would hope "Bubba" would have a little more courtesy eeeuuwww 😬

• Like 1

My favorite ship was the 1938 edition of HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam. Took my first cruise on her in 1959 (June transatlantic NY to Rotterdam) and my second on her in 1966 (NY to Caribbeans over Christmas/New Year's). Currently, my favorite is the next ship I am booked on. Does not matter what line or itinerary. Just love the cruise experience.

Jim

On 8/28/2022 at 12:06 PM, island lady said:

Forgive me for dumb question lol...but what is SL/CK?  

1 hour ago, dmfleischmann said:

Forgive me for dumb question lol...but what is SL/CK?  

Ooops...sorry.  CC (Cruise Critic) abbreviation for Suites Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  

And there are no dumb questions here on Cruise Critic, please always feel free to ask.   You will find 99% of us are happy to help with answers!  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, barb in ga said:

Symphony is one of my favorite ships, but Hiro is my least favorite Aqua show. I haven't been on Wonder, but I love all the other Aqua shows.

Barb

Not a fan of Hideaway Heist....but love Fine Line.  (Harmony).